ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson MBB Lost 6 in a Row! Sad!

where are all the tater lovers that claimed that home loss would not hurt us in the long run...we better keep winning..If we wind up on the bubble that home loss will be a killer

Reactions: gamecockrealist
where are all the tater lovers that claimed that home loss would not hurt us in the long run...we better keep winning..If we wind up on the bubble that home loss will be a killer

I don't see how we stumble barring major injuries. Our defense is something we can rely on every single night, no matter how we're shooting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win out from here.

h
I don't see how we stumble barring major injuries. Our defense is something we can rely on every single night, no matter how we're shooting.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win out from here.

Hope you are right...We have some tough games left...Ark, Ala., Jawja, and Vandy are not gimme's

Really, the Clemson will not matter. If we do no make the tourney, it is because of how we finish up. Last year when we lost to UK, the following game we lost to Missouri 67-72. We finish last year 3-5 in SEC play plus tourney. That was the reason we did make the tourney. At least we did not have a letdown last nite after the UK loss. If we finish strong we make the NCAAs, if not, we could be doomed.

Really, the Clemson will not matter. If we do no make the tourney, it is because of how we finish up. Last year when we lost to UK, the following game we lost to Missouri 67-72. We finish last year 3-5 in SEC play plus tourney. That was the reason we did make the tourney. At least we did not have a letdown last nite after the UK loss. If we finish strong we make the NCAAs, if not, we could be doomed.

BS...total gullible bs...they look at the complete resume...a home loss to a sorry team hurts more than you are willing to admit

This is the old (dead) Carolina mindset. Beat Clemson and be mediocre. I'd rather beat them AND make the tourney, but I'd take our situation over their's in a heartbeat.

If you don't agree, you're regressive for the program.
I agree. I'd trade places with them in a heartbeat in football. Lose 5 in a row, win the conference 3 times with 2 BCS bowl appearances, wins over premier Power 5 teams, 2 national championship games, and 1 national title after beating the most dominant dynasty in college football today, all in an 8 year span? Yes please.

Beating them is not the be-all end-all, but rather the icing on the cake when we can do bigger things.

I agree. I'd trade places with them in a heartbeat in football. Lose 5 in a row, win the conference 3 times with 2 BCS bowl appearances, wins over premier Power 5 teams, 2 national championship games, and 1 national title after beating the most dominant dynasty in college football today, all in an 8 year span? Yes please.

Beating them is not the be-all end-all, but rather the icing on the cake when we can do bigger things.

Preach it. The thing that keeps me positive is how many stumbles Clem5on took (getting blown out by WVU) to get where they're at.

Frank Martin is taking the men's bball program to heights we have not seen since
E Fogler. We haven't been to the damn NCAA tourney since 2004 and we haven't won a tourney game in my lifetime. With that being said, we make the tourney this year and win 1 or 2 games. Mark it down. Dominant defense and timely shooting will be the difference. We need to stay healthy and we have a shot at all of this and more. We have to stop processing so many players. 12 players or so in the last 3 years is astounding.

I'll stipulate that the loss to Clemron will not impact whether or not we dance this year. I do wonder, though, if the Taters turn it around and win a few, might that affect our seeding?

BS...total gullible bs...they look at the complete resume...a home loss to a sorry team hurts more than you are willing to admit
Hmmmm, we are ranked in the top 25 and have an RPI around 17. Whens it gonna hurt??

May I offer this train of thought to all of my fellow Gamecock lovers. The "bubble" scenario bit the NCAA on the ass last year. Countless network sportscasters were completely in our corner scoffing at the "committee's " lame decision to screw us.
Clemmons won all of the games they needed to win a football championship. No one in the entire country outside of the locals know, nor gives a rats ass how we fared against their football team because it is BASKETBALL SEASON. The taters did NOT nor do not have the power to affect where we finished in any sport unless they beat us in the playoffs or tourney, which they have NOT ever done to my recollections. They just don't show up on the national scene as being anything but an upset team on occasion. Let's keep an open mind and not succumb to "bubblephobia" because of last season. and please understand that one legitimate championship in football every 140 years does not make a dynasty. Hell, even Brigham Young won the championship once upon a time.2017 will bring a winning football team that will surpass this past years team. Clemmons most certainly WILL NOT. Bet on it!.

I'll stipulate that the loss to Clemron will not impact whether or not we dance this year. I do wonder, though, if the Taters turn it around and win a few, might that affect our seeding?

I would agree that the loss will not hurt us but it's just the fact that we lost to a sorry tater team. I want to beat the taters at everything. And after that thrashing we got at dung valley it made the MBB game even more important.

The clempsons women team has lost 40 acc games in a row.I heard this on the news. Is this true? 40 in a row. 40 ?

Can you imagine the grief we would give them if they won a NC yet lost to us? You can't be a NC when you're not even the best team in your own state. They pounded their chest about playing and winning a BCS game only because of the bowl's contractual obligation yet lost to us head-to-head. They still claimed they were the best team, but we all gave 'em hell. We may get invited to the dance, but any success we may have will be tainted for me by the home loss to the Clemps.

Can you imagine the grief we would give them if they won a NC yet lost to us? You can't be a NC when you're not even the best team in your own state. They pounded their chest about playing and winning a BCS game only because of the bowl's contractual obligation yet lost to us head-to-head. They still claimed they were the best team, but we all gave 'em hell. We may get invited to the dance, but any success we may have will be tainted for me by the home loss to the Clemps.
I agree with you in football, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much in basketball and baseball. I think its because the best team usually wins in football and basketball and baseball doesn't always work out that way. Lesser teams beat better teams in those sports all the time.

Sure. We gave 'em Hell. But who's laughing now? Gladly would trade that position. Because no matter how much grief we give them now, it's all about being the best. And that trophy proves that they are the best at this point in time, like it or not.

Sure. We gave 'em Hell. But who's laughing now? Gladly would trade that position. Because no matter how much grief we give them now, it's all about being the best. And that trophy proves that they are the best at this point in time, like it or not.
We didn't give them hell in the year they won the championship, which was his true point.

The clempsons women team has lost 40 acc games in a row.I heard this on the news. Is this true? 40 in a row. 40 ?
There is no way that is correct...can't be right..even a blind hog......so i looked it up....its correct!! they last won Jan 2, 2015 - over 2 years ago, and they had to go to OT to beat VaTech that day!! And just at a quick glance, only around 5 of those L's were even single digit Ls, ~35/40 they have lost by double digits. wow, just WOW.

Reactions: bkbpesc
Lord they may beat the men's national record in chapel hill. Isn't that like 70. No, sorry it's 50 something, 70 is the national record for points given up in a bowl game.

Lord they may beat the men's national record in chapel hill. Isn't that like 70. No, sorry it's 50 something, 70 is the national record for points given up in a bowl game.

True and 56-7 is the worse s she she loss to an ACC opponent ever!!

True and 56-7 is the worse s she she loss to an ACC opponent ever!!
Must suck living vicariously through other teams accomplishments!! SCAR is a joke to college football and the sec. Realize that other SEC teams are embarrassed by you and do not want you dragging down their conference!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT