ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson recruiting

And the almost comical thing about is all they had to do was run the ball and not rely on DJ's arm and they probably would have won the game and that's on the head coach and that my friends makes me smile.
Dabo can usually be counted on to try to run at least one trick play against us too. Im glad the punt thing blew up in his face.

The game was fairly even in turnovers but if the ball bounced a little bit differently, the Gamecocks actually could have blown Clemson out. Take away Spencer's cringeworthy pick six at the start of the game and his badly thrown interception in the end zone in the 2nd quarter thats a 10 or 14 point swing right there. We also missed 2 clear pick sixes against DJU where the ball his our guys in the hands in the first half.

A win is a win though.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
Dabo can usually be counted on to try to run at least one trick play against us too. Im glad the punt thing blew up in his face.

The game was fairly even in turnovers but if the ball bounced a little bit differently, the Gamecocks actually could have blown Clemson out. Take away Spencer's cringeworthy pick six at the start of the game and his badly thrown interception in the end zone in the 2nd quarter thats a 10 or 14 point swing right there. We also missed 2 clear pick sixes against DJU where the ball his our guys in the hands in the first half.

A win is a win though.
Yeah, they had a few of those as well, and a few blown coverage's!

From what I understand it is decent once you get to Clemson. They have such a small alumni base amd half the enrollment of most big P5 schools so their NIL offerings are not going to be earth shattering.
They have always vetted and recruited a certain type of kid and give out offers sparingly. If "getting the bag" is a large part of a kids recruitment, Clemson will probably not be involved heavily.
Their NIL program started when Danny Ford was there. So yes it’s pretty strong.

7y1hir.jpg

I think a lot of people are focused on Dabo's anti-NIL and anti-portal stances, but I think what is causing their current perceived step back as a program is likely due to his stubbornness to promote coordinators from within. He seems to place more value on guys who know how the program operates than guys who have experience calling plays and I think it shows. He got pretty lucky with Jeff Scott and Tony Steward but the offense and defense have both not been what they were a few years ago.

We will have to see what happens with Garrett Riley, but there is more than a reasonable chance that he is riding his brothers coattails and was being given too much credit for that TCU offense when it was really Sonny Dykes's system.

Is that so, yet they are still recruiting at the same level. They pay players they just pay them to stay instead of come.

Sorry, tater tot. That doesn't make sense. If you don't pay, they don't come. They go where they get paid. And if they don't come, kind hard to pay them to stay.

If you really believe that, then expect a huge drop off after the current crop of "paid to stay" leave.

Sorry, tater tot. That doesn't make sense. If you don't pay, they don't come. They go where they get paid. And if they don't come, kind hard to pay them to stay.

If you really believe that, then expect a huge drop off after the current crop of "paid to stay" leave.
tater because I don’t agree with you got it. How exactly do you think they get all these high draft picks to stay?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT