ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson to stop balloon releases

About time. Supposedly they were finding peices of the “biodegradable balloons” across the southeast. Captain Planet will be pleased with this decision.
So, all this time, Boulware was only checking to see if one of their opponents had swallowed one by mistake? What a peach of a guy, he is!

I read in an article about this that PETA was also after us about our entrance. Anyone know what they have a problem with?

plastic-ranking_1.jpg

Plastic straws are NOT the problem. You guys are reacting to a fact fabricated by a nine year old.

plastic-ranking_1.jpg

Plastic straws are NOT the problem. You guys are reacting to a fact fabricated by a nine year old.
Some of those countries have already enacted laws to ban not some but ALL plastic by 2020. You are wrong that it is a fabrication that straws are a problem. I don't use them at all.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
Everything that isn't biodegradable contributes to the problem; it certainly isn't unique to us, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything.

Reactions: funktavious
Amen Davidusc,. We are not the problem. The rest of the world is. We can get rid of all plastic in the U. S. And not affect the worlds plastic dumping but 5 percent. Bit I do support any effort to reduce pollution no matter how small.
The rest of the world? We're the only first-world country on that list. And if you think plastics aren't a problem, Google microplastics and water. You're sucking down plastic with every gulp. Good and good for you.

Everything that isn't biodegradable contributes to the problem; it certainly isn't unique to us, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do anything.

Anything that takes less than 100 years to biodegrade can be labeled as biodegradable can’t it?

I always heard that a lot of those balloons would end up on Danny Fords large farm, and his farm would have to clean up LOL, but I guess now that wont happen and his Hemp field will not be disturbed.

c20680c153667c54625f15ea339b3d94.jpg

Anything that takes less than 100 years to biodegrade can be labeled as biodegradable can’t it?

The definition doesn't give a time frame. I would think if a fish or turtle ate something biodegradable, it would degrade much more quickly than in the environment and likely not kill them. The video of the birds full of plastic is something I can't get out of my head.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/biodegradable

Not a record to be proud of, they littered 363,729 times on November 12th 1983, now that should call for the death penalty

78029-5546700Bk.jpg

I'm a Clemson grad. The balloons needed to go. The funny part is all the pro-balloon snowflakes calling everybody else snowflakes. They're balloons. Dial it down.

I'm a Clemson grad. The balloons needed to go. The funny part is all the pro-balloon snowflakes calling everybody else snowflakes. They're balloons. Dial it down.

Dial it down? Come on this is a Gamecock board, this a place where poking at Clemson is allowed and encouraged

My comment was directed at pro-balloon snowflakes, not USC fans who can and should take every opportunity to poke fun at a hated rival. I know my place.

Reactions: Gradstudent
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT