ADVERTISEMENT

clemson Will 'Rest' Several Against Syracuse & Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
... and I don't blame 'em. Their best D-guy is hurting pretty bad; his shoulder is banged up pretty good (#90 - DE). But being a shoulder instead of a leg they'll shoot him up and stick him out there ... however, it was obvious when he banged that left shoulder against FSU and they had to do sideline work on that pad/brace/whatever with foam and screwdrivers that he's hurting.
They'll come out slinging it trying to build a BIG lead the next two weeks so they can sit Watson and Galman, for sure ... and so what?
Something that actually works IN our favor is the PRESSURE to 'remain' #1 ... Dabo may feel pressure to 'run it up' to keep his ranking ... I HOPE he's that vain and stupid.
The football gods have smiled on clemson and now they can coast until it's our turn. Fine.
We'll be there.

... and I don't blame 'em. Their best D-guy is hurting pretty bad; his shoulder is banged up pretty good (#90 - DE). But being a shoulder instead of a leg they'll shoot him up and stick him out there ... however, it was obvious when he banged that left shoulder against FSU and they had to do sideline work on that pad/brace/whatever with foam and screwdrivers that he's hurting.
They'll come out slinging it trying to build a BIG lead the next two weeks so they can sit Watson and Galman, for sure ... and so what?
Something that actually works IN our favor is the PRESSURE to 'remain' #1 ... Dabo may feel pressure to 'run it up' to keep his ranking ... I HOPE he's that vain and stupid.
The football gods have smiled on clemson and now they can coast until it's our turn. Fine.
We'll be there.
You know we play a top 10 team this Saturday. #beatflorida

We'll be there.
giphy.gif

Yea, and I'm concentrating on it ... but I figure we got that one in the bag. I'm 'old school' ... don't do the hashtag thing, I've gotten used to rambling on about whatever's on my mind in my old age.

Yea, and I'm concentrating on it ... but I figure we got that one in the bag. I'm 'old school' ... don't do the hashtag thing, I've gotten used to rambling on about whatever's on my mind in my old age.
You're concentrating on it? What does that mean? Are you telepathic?

they better not rest too much against Cuse..that coach hates Dabo's ass..
I'm sure he's scared of Syracuse. I think that coach was the one angry about them running up the score last year. In the first half!

We'll be there.

Yes he looked very injured in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes to go.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">tfw you pass your biggest playoff test <a href="https://t.co/bjrpvZQ8s2">pic.twitter.com/bjrpvZQ8s2</a></p>&mdash; SB✯Nation CFB (@SBNationCFB) <a href="">November 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: apex73
Yes he looked very injured in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes to go.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">tfw you pass your biggest playoff test <a href="https://t.co/bjrpvZQ8s2">pic.twitter.com/bjrpvZQ8s2</a></p>&mdash; SB✯Nation CFB (@SBNationCFB) <a href=" ">November 7, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Good job with the html...

Reactions: champs8487
SS1 checking in with his daily report from Clemson. Thank you for all you do from Clemson. Without you, none of us would know what is going on up there. Tell us more about them. We are all dying to here. Will you be reporting to us from their next game.

Good job with the html...

Yeah I tried. It shows up on my computer and in your quote, but it messes up on mobile I think. That's my bad, it must be my Clemson education failing me. Was just trying to show evidence that Lawson looked fine towards the end of the game. Hope everyone has a great day today - Gamecocks and Tigers alike.

Reactions: CockyOneStraight
SS1 checking in with his daily report from Clemson. Thank you for all you do from Clemson. Without you, none of us would know what is going on up there. Tell us more about them. We are all dying to here. Will you be reporting to us from their next game.
hear.....

hear.....
Was trying to explain to CU guys the difference in SEC and ACC and easiest way is to look at Bama and Clemson. Bama plays #2 LSU and the next week gets to travel to Miss St to face a 7-2 MSU squad that is very physical. Clemson plays an average FSU team who would have gotten bitch slapped by either LSU or Bama and now Clemson gets to go play Syracuse and Wake Forest. Who did they play after ND, I think BC. The difference is even if teams aren't great in the SEC they are physical and you don't get a rest.

Just like ACC is a war in basketball where there are breathers for KY in basketball, football is the opposite and all Clemson has had to do is beat 2 teams with backup qb's to win the ACC. Give them their due, they have taken care of business, only issue is they are doing business in a Dollar General while Bama and SEC is doing business in a Macy's.

they better not rest too much against Cuse..that coach hates Dabo's ass..

That was pretty funny when the Syracuse coach went off. The rest of the story (per the SU coach) is that his daughter called him the next day calling him out for his out burst and suggested he apologize. He called Dabo and apologized and now he and Dabo are pretty good friends.

GOOD!!! I don't want them to have any excuse when we knock them out of the playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand the bitching about how tough the sec is. It's not like we didn't have a choice. We had many bad season when we played in the acc and as a independent . How long has A&M and Mizzo been in the sec and look at their records.My point is it's not as much the conference but our team.

Reactions: champs8487
You do realize Cuse hung around with the mighty LSU well into the fourth quarter earlier this year don't you. I'm no FSU fan but have a feeling they will b*tch slap Florida in a couple of weeks, I really don't give you guys much of a chance this week but you did beat Vandy more convincingly than Florida did. Even though your season pretty much sucks at least you got that SEC thing to hang your hat on, well at least to the last week of the season and the bowl games. Enjoy!

I understand that a lot of national sports writers, specifically ESPN, believe that the SEC is the most physical conference. I just don't get it. There is talent everywhere. The ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 is littered with lots of talent and big strong guys. I believe that it really is a myth that teams in the SEC are the most physical. I admit that due to ESPN/SEC hype tons of top flight recruits will choose the SEC. I also believe that in recent years we have seen recruits catch on that you can play in other conferences and make it to the NFL. In the past few years Clemson has played LSU, Auburn twice, Georgia twice, and SC every year. We split with Georgia, beat LSU, beat Auburn both times and had horrible run in with you guys. Let's take the games out with you guys since they are a monster of their own and in my biased opinion the best rivalry behind Bama and Auburn. So against the SEC since 2011 we are 4-1.

And remember who was dropping like flies in the LSU/Clemson game. We are physical too. However I will admit, before Venables got here I think we were pretty soft physically speaking. We did thud tackling in practice and Venables made a suggestion to do real tackling. It has changed the physical toughness for the better. I remember about 2 years into the 5 game streak watching a training video put out by the strength department. It was actually a little intimidating. When I saw that I thought, "oh crap, these guys are for real and may beat us for a while." I was right. You have to practice like you want to play.

Reactions: cockofthegoat
Were you aware that "whatever's on your mind" is almost exclusively Clemson-related in your old age? Yeah. You probably were.

Were you aware that "whatever's on your mind is almost exclusively Clemson-related in your old age? Yeah. You probably were.

Not REALLY ... just singin' to the choir ... more of you here than Gamecocks most of the time - lost, confused, lonely, misunderstood, I can only guess you're not wanted at home.

We put a metal roof on the house last year and the crew was mostly Mexican guys. They worked HARD, started really early, took few, if ANY breaks, worked 'till dark and would have kept working had I let 'em put lights on the roof. I went to Kroger the day they finished and bought 'bout 2 dozen 8" soft taco shells, a big 'ol log of Velveeta cheese, some 1/2 and 1/2 - a little melted butter and flour for a roux - a can of the spicy Ro-Tel, a pint of pickled Jalapeno peppers, 'bout 5 pounds of chorizo and a case of Tecante beer - made 'em a pretty simple 'lunch' of warmed soft taco shells filled with my melted cheese sauce and chunks of chorizo sausage topped with Jalapeno peppers washed down with ICE COLD floating in the freezing water demonic fluid ... you would have thought they'd died and gone to heaven. The only Spanish I know is '"Si" but we enjoyed it

That's 'bout the same thing. You know - "When in Rome ... "

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT