ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson's Coronavirus Strategy - Reckless or Genius

ahs2008

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2006
If all of Clemson's players are exposed to the virus prior to fall practice (low risk age group), they will have the antibodies that could prevent them from getting the virus during the season.

What if Trevor was exposed to the virus the week before a big game in the middle of the season, he and most of the first string offense would probably have to quarantine and miss at least two games during the season. If they are all exposed to the virus during the pre-season they'll be immune to the virus and not have to worry about the impacts throughout the season.

Reckless? Genius?

If all of Clemson's players are exposed to the virus prior to fall practice (low risk age group), they will have the antibodies that could prevent them from getting the virus during the season.

What if Trevor was exposed to the virus the week before a big game in the middle of the season, he and most of the first string offense would probably have to quarantine and miss at least two games during the season. If they are all exposed to the virus during the pre-season they'll be immune to the virus and not have to worry about the impacts throughout the season.

Reckless? Genius?
I’m glad someone else is thinking like me. When I heard about the high number of Clemson football players with the virus, I was telling everyone that Dabo was doing it on purpose to gain the upper hand during the season.

Reckless? Genius?
On a different level, throw the children together to get the measles’s over with:)

I’m glad someone else is thinking like me. When I heard about the high number of Clemson football players with the virus, I was telling everyone that Dabo was doing it on purpose to gain the upper hand during the season.

Whether they did or didn’t do it on purpose. The point is they have probably thought, as a group, how to make this situation work best for them. I hate em but they work at being good. Behind the scenes and out in front. Every interview is done in just the right spot. Responses and guarded and strategic. They won’t go away anytime soon.

Few are going to outright accuse them of getting players infected. Only the anti mask crowd and Clemson fans think this is such a great idea and a plan.

The question is are they doing enough to protect them? While I agree they are very good at what they do, I think there are some risks, particularly if someone has complications. Heck, it could be a coach.

Few are going to outright accuse them of getting players infected. Only the anti mask crowd and Clemson fans think this is such a great idea and a plan.

The question is are they doing enough to protect them? While I agree they are very good at what they do, I think there are some risks, particularly if someone has complications. Heck, it could be a coach.

It’s a communist plot

Reckless? Genius?
I implied this yesterday morning on TIF, but in a tongue-in-cheek way. As much as I dislke them, there's no way they would put their players and staff at risk.

Depends...what if someone dies?

You know , another thought why a lot of young kids are not effective or have minor issues (get it minor) from this COVID19 virus, is because they have antigens from getting shots for Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox, and Rubella from the time of birth to the time they go to school with well visits/check ups and these shots last about 20 years or so...

It depends on the Rh factor

Genes, Blood Type Tied to Risk of Severe COVID-19

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2020/06/18/genes-blood-type-tied-to-covid-19-risk-of-severe-disease/

Its really a non factor. Are folks going to catch the virus? Sure. But the vast majority, even more in the younger age groups, have very few symptoms, if they have any at all. Like any other respiratory issue, if one is elderly, or has underlying issues, a good idea to be cautious. Otherwise, you have a much better chance of dying in a car wreck than from Covid. I hate that we can't live in a completely safe bubble to protect us from all things forever, but we are past time for folks to put their big boy pants on and deal with this head on. Its here. But we can't just quit living until Fauci endorses a vaccine. And even at that, how many of us have gotten a flu shot, and then got a version of the flu anyway? Life is a crapshoot. Just deal with it and go on

Otherwise healthy people don't die from COVID. Young men healthy enough to play college football probably barely even notice the symptoms.
Young healthy men don't die from football practice either, but every 5 years or so, one does. A sailor on the Roosevelt died. Young people do get compromised to the point of death or permanent damage, just far less often.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Reckless? Genius?

Reckless or Genius? Will Muschamp does not have to worry so much about this and our team from a football perspective.

Given Will’s coaching acumen we will perform poorly with or without the starters if they get the virus. Sometimes it is good to have WM as your HC. Such important matters don’t have much bearing.

We just need to worry about the players contracting the virus from a health point of view.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
IF Clemson is purposefully infecting their players then Clemson football program should be shut down. That’s NCAA death penalty type stuff.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Antibodies last about five months
Most are saying they may only last two months. This is why it Is going to be hard to get a strong enough vaccine for this virus. They also are saying, just because someone doesn’t show symptoms, they are still showing lung deformities.

IF Clemson is purposefully infecting their players then Clemson football program should be shut down. That’s NCAA death penalty type stuff.
Agreed. Heck the University would clean house. It would open the University up to unprecedented liability.
With that said, given the way young people are treating this virus you really only have to leave them alone and they will effectively create herd immunity at the community level.

On a different level, throw the children together to get the measles’s over with:)
I don't know about measles, because vaccinations out for many years are supposed to prevent this. But I do remember chicken pox "parties" before the chicken pox vaccination was released. I know we weren't worried about keeping our children separated when the first came down with chicken pox. And it worked!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT