ADVERTISEMENT

Coach WM landing Jordan Burch would be...

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
awesome! And move my belief needle a little more from "Unsure" to "Growing Confidence" in his being the right coach for USC. I'm 100% Gamecock. Been a diehard since the Jim Carlen days. So I know all the history since then. I've been to more games than I can count, home and away. But I've been slow to get on the Muschamp wagon. He's doing well recruiting. But I just haven't seen the magic on game day that Coach Joe or SOS had.

Land Burch after Pickens, and I'll try to get a little more onboard. Beat Kensucky and I'll be even happier. Finish above 500 this coming season and I just might become a believer.

Go Cocks! And stay healthy Saturday.

I checked the other recruiting site and their "crystal ball" says 100% Clemson.

That said, the kid's from freaking Columbia. What else do you need to know Jordan. Get over here and play for the flagship, forget that off-brand out of town school

Don't get played! Coach Muschamp is doing a terrific job recruiting. But Burch is going to Clemons! There are other great pass rushers in this class. We'll get a couple!

Reactions: sadd66 and PC31
I checked the other recruiting site and their "crystal ball" says 100% Clemson.

That said, the kid's from freaking Columbia. What else do you need to know Jordan. Get over here and play for the flagship, forget that off-brand out of town school
He's not from Columbia. He just transferred to Hammond this year. He previously was a teammate of XT at Wilson HS.

Him being on campus 3 straight weekends and coming to our spring game is interesting.... I believed the hype he was going to clem too, but maybe things have changed

Reactions: PC31
That would be incredible. Although, I am still worried. He honestly might be in the mindset of he know's what UPC can do on the field and is just looking here to see if there's been any improvements. Maybe....who knows.

Reactions: gamecockblack
If YA’LL keep saying he’s going to quempsin then he will likely go. So, why do we bother recruiting him at all? If the internet says it’s true, is it really true?

awesome! And move my belief needle a little more from "Unsure" to "Growing Confidence" in his being the right coach for USC. I'm 100% Gamecock. Been a diehard since the Jim Carlen days. So I know all the history since then. I've been to more games than I can count, home and away. But I've been slow to get on the Muschamp wagon. He's doing well recruiting. But I just haven't seen the magic on game day that Coach Joe or SOS had.

Land Burch after Pickens, and I'll try to get a little more onboard. Beat Kensucky and I'll be even happier. Finish above 500 this coming season and I just might become a believer.

Go Cocks! And stay healthy Saturday.

can only imagine what coach carlen would have said 2u if u had questioned another coach w/ yer "needle"..........would guess he'd tell u where 2 put it! LOL

Him coming to our Spring Game is not insignificant.
Devil their due, the tots know how to market, and they love splashy commits.
Like commit at their Spring Game kinda commits.
The longer we drag this out, the better for us.
And in the for what it's worth which may be nothing category, a source that has given me great info before tells me whatever our chances, they're much better than they were a couple of weeks ago.

Not a good sign for us that he has visited you 3 times recently VS none lately for us. Choosing your spring game over ours is also certainly not a good sign for us.

The cards are actually stacked very heavily against us. I'm not real sure why everybody seems to think he is headed our way. He has heavy influence all around him for you guys. I'm talking can't miss influences, aside from being practically within walking distance of your campus. I would think if we land him that would be a huge upset. Still hoping we get him obviously but just don't see it happening.

Heart says he's changing his mind. Head says we are part of a puppet show being orchestrated by Dabo and company that ends in us being laughed at kind of like the nerdy kid getting asked out by the prom queen to only be made fun of later.

Heart says he's changing his mind. Head says we are part of a puppet show being orchestrated by Dabo and company that ends in us being laughed at kind of like the nerdy kid getting asked out by the prom queen to only be made fun of later.

Sadly I must say I dont think we are quite on the mind of Dabo as much as we used to be.

Not a good sign for us that he has visited you 3 times recently VS none lately for us. Choosing your spring game over ours is also certainly not a good sign for us.

The cards are actually stacked very heavily against us. I'm not real sure why everybody seems to think he is headed our way. He has heavy influence all around him for you guys. I'm talking can't miss influences, aside from being practically within walking distance of your campus. I would think if we land him that would be a huge upset. Still hoping we get him obviously but just don't see it happening.
All the predictions on the recruiting sites.....oh, and everyone on the Clemson sports sites.

I'd be a liar if I said this thought hadn't crossed my mind.

Maybe he commits to Clemson at our Spring game?

Sounds like the type of thing Dabo would attempt to orchestrate

I am laughing out loud at this stuff.. God we are a sick group of folks, but we have reason to be. We have been so warped in our fanhood and these past few years have really hurt.

I have thought all of these things as well. Hope we are wrong.

Muschamp, TRob, and McClendon are all prolific recruiters. And they've now been developing relationships with these players for many years. They'll certainly win their share of battles. Muschamp struggles to translate what he brings in recruiting to success on the field, but his team hitting on some big targets this cycle and next would not surprise me. After that, on field success, or lack thereof, is going to play a bigger factor.

Reactions: rogue cock
Ok ready for a truth pill .... pretty damn hard to recruit a five star drawing interest from a multiple time national championship program to a 7-6 , barely bowl eligible team that got curb stomped by Virginia . Would be an outstanding accomplishment but not holding my breath and won’t lose sleep over it either way . Champ is a heck of a recruiter but your record is who you are unfortunately. I’m sure he’s keeping all his options open but in all honesty Dabo is gonna cherrypick anybody he wants locally until the table turn again . It is what it is .

Reactions: jeff2001
Here's what I don't get...and I know kids today are programmed differently then say 20-30 years ago. But if I know deep inside I'm going to Clemson then why waist everybody's time?

Here's what I don't get...and I know kids today are programmed differently then say 20-30 years ago. But if I know deep inside I'm going to Clemson then why waist everybody's time?
I understand what you are saying. But if I'm a 5 star recruit, I would take all my visits and see other parts of the country. You wouldnt want to go to Oregon and see the Oregon cheerleaders?

Reactions: psmith5532
I understand what you are saying. But if I'm a 5 star recruit, I would take all my visits and see other parts of the country. You wouldnt want to go to Oregon and see the Oregon cheerleaders?

There are only five visits for the athlete. 56 for most schools (August 1-July 31), but they can carry six over to the next academic year. A school like Oregon won’t host one unless they have a decent chance at the recruit.

Ok ready for a truth pill .... pretty damn hard to recruit a five star drawing interest from a multiple time national championship program to a 7-6 , barely bowl eligible team that got curb stomped by Virginia . Would be an outstanding accomplishment but not holding my breath and won’t lose sleep over it either way . Champ is a heck of a recruiter but your record is who you are unfortunately. I’m sure he’s keeping all his options open but in all honesty Dabo is gonna cherrypick anybody he wants locally until the table turn again . It is what it is .
Champ is a great recruiter but it has to start translating into wins on the field, can't afford another bowl game debacle this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT