Harvard Gamecock

May 5, 2014
QB's - Enos . OC Miami
OL - Key . OL Georgia Tech
OC - Locksey . HC Maryland
Co OC - Gattis . OC - Michigan
DL - Kuligowski .
DC - Lupoi DL - Cleveland Browns

I know Saban is one of greatest, and has been known to be very difficult to work for, (but worth it) but you have to wonder if the shine is starting to fade. Don't claim to know the answer, but throwing this out there for discussion.

I'm surprised Lupoi is going to the NFL since he's mainly considered a great recruiter. I guess he feels he has something to prove.

What else is new ... Saban has been losing multiple coaches for many years and it hasn't fazed them , they'll be just fine

Reactions: robertfootball
Losing a lot of coaches but most are getting promotions.

QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

I know Saban is one of greatest, and has been known to be very difficult to work for, (but worth it) but you have to wonder if the shine is starting to fade. Don't claim to know the answer, but throwing this out there for discussion.
Saban has to be thanking God for the early signing period. I look for that boy that got fired at Tennessee to come out of this with some on-the-field coaching duties.

None of those guys will be missed....I promise you Saban isn't losing any sleep over it. Tell me which one of those assistants was critical to Alabama's overall success? Ill start off by saying none of them were.
That many departures would be disquieting, even if the people leaving were replaceable with as good or better. It takes awhile to get geared up, to figure out or assimilate offensive and defensive philosophies, reassign recruiting territories, form relationships with the current players. It's not a small deal.

Fan outrage and trash talk. It goes to prove fans hate you, never believe for a second they love you. Once you start winning big the fans won't accept anything less so again...it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.
It's more damned if you don't, though.;)

That many departures would be disquieting, even if the people leaving were replaceable with as good or better. It takes awhile to get geared up, to figure out or assimilate offensive and defensive philosophies, reassign recruiting territories, form relationships with the current players. It's not a small deal.

Having a new OC and DC is a big deal. New schemes, new terminology, how players line up on the LOS. Offensive and Defensive line gaps can differ, which leads to different blocking assignments, the list goes on.
There is always attrition every year on staffs, but this time it is more than the usual 1 -3 coaches.

Reactions: king ward
QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

Bama gets raided yearly. What surprises me is how Dabo holds his coaches.

U better hope it doesn’t faze them, because they are the only ones that could possibly keep Clemson from winning three straight championships

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I thought the divided attention among the Bama assistants compared to CU would be a factor in that game. Not the decider but definitely an issue. Looks like I was right they were sending resumes all over the country.

It’s the price of success. When you have a program that consistently wins, puts players in the next level and keeps top level recruiting going you are going to be targeted. What’s saving Dabo right now is Venables doesn’t want to go anywhere and there isn’t a track record of massive success for the guys that leave. Sometimes you have success with superstars everyone wants and sometimes it’s just a collective of good to great but not exceptional.

QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

They are moving on to become champions in life.
Butch Jones named assistant in waiting

Reactions: ClemDent
QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

Locksey was obviously practicing Maryland coaching with his offensive play calls against Clemson.

U better hope it doesn’t faze them, because they are the only ones that could possibly keep Clemson from winning three straight championships

You don't think we have a chance? We get them at home this year.

Not sure that all of these coaches leaving is totally coaches jumping ship. One had a HC opportunity. Of course he was going to take that. Think Enos figured that if they can turn Miami around that it would be more impressive on his resume than being another successful Bama OC who may be a great HC, but may not. Although a good recruiter, doing Saban was very pleased with his DC. Gattis got a chance to be OC at Michigan. That one of his other coaches traded a job at Bama for one at GT probably says that he knew he probably wasn't going to be at Bama much longer and got himself out before Saban pushed him. Don't feel sorry for Saban, it oredict the sudden downfall of that program. Ain't happening. And for any of the dreamers that think this shows a weakness that could lead to a USC victory next fall, I am willing to take all straight up bets

Not sure that all of these coaches leaving is totally coaches jumping ship. One had a HC opportunity. Of course he was going to take that. Think Enos figured that if they can turn Miami around that it would be more impressive on his resume than being another successful Bama OC who may be a great HC, but may not. Although a good recruiter, doing Saban was very pleased with his DC. Gattis got a chance to be OC at Michigan. That one of his other coaches traded a job at Bama for one at GT probably says that he knew he probably wasn't going to be at Bama much longer and got himself out before Saban pushed him. Don't feel sorry for Saban, it oredict the sudden downfall of that program. Ain't happening. And for any of the dreamers that think this shows a weakness that could lead to a USC victory next fall, I am willing to take all straight up bets

I don't think the mass exodus for whatever reason will lead to a sudden downfall, however I would not be surprised to see the beginning of a slow erosion of dominance.

QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

Makes me wonder what position does Butch get

QB's - Enos . OC Miami
DL - Kuligowski .

If it were anywhere but Bama, you would suspect a coaching change is coming and these guys are getting out before a new coach comes in and brings his own staff. Just old hat at bama. They have an outflux and an influx most every year. However this is a bigger number than usual.

I don't think the mass exodus for whatever reason will lead to a sudden downfall, however I would not be surprised to see the beginning of a slow erosion of dominance.
Totally agree with this, if you watched Saban's post game interview after NC he finally showed his age. He is human after all, who knew? GBB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT