ADVERTISEMENT

College Game Day in Columbia next week?

I'm usually not a fan of Game Day coming to Carolina because it makes for such long day and I think it kills the crowd for the second half of the game. With the game being at noon this week I like it. Great exposure against a big named team and not enough time for the amateur drinkers to get too wasted. We just need to perform.
Honestly LSU has not looked unbeatable.

I'm usually not a fan of Game Day coming to Carolina because it makes for such long day and I think it kills the crowd for the second half of the game. With the game being at noon this week I like it. Great exposure against a big named team and not enough time for the amateur drinkers to get too wasted. We just need to perform.

I have an open disdain for GameDay since they brought that screaming idiot on the show. Visiting us or not, I don't think I'll watch.

No Gamecock player, coach nor fan should be psyched out playing LSU. Last year, Ole Miss beat LSU in Oxford. I'm not saying they are not good. What I'm saying is we can beat them.

Reactions: usc_nc and PC31
Haven’t watched Gameday in years. It’s just not interesting anymore.

It use to be "can't miss" viewing when it first started.

They've worn it out. Should have always been a program that they only did 3-4 times a year for the most significant games.

Reactions: PC31
I don't watch much of any of the pregame shows but the best one to me is the Big10 network one. Problem is they talk about.........duh!
SEC Network and ESPN are equally bad and the FOX one is terrible IMO. I'm usually watching soccer anyway so whatever.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The wife and baby boy are going for the festivities and game.

I went to Game Day at the Horse Shoe when Clowney was here.

Y’all take care of them, I am staying in Raleigh.

The wife and baby boy are going for the festivities and game.

I went to Game Day at the Horse Shoe when Clowney was here.

Y’all take care of them, I am staying in Raleigh.

I'll be down there around the outside of the stadium to see my son.

But I'll leave and head home right before kickoff.

I hate that it will draw such a crowd to the Gamecock Park. I like to go look at the displays out there and watch the Gamecock Walk, but with all the extra people there, I may need to pass this time. I will probably just stay across the street and watch from there.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I hate that it will draw such a crowd to the Gamecock Park. I like to go look at the displays out there and watch the Gamecock Walk, but with all the extra people there, I may need to pass this time. I will probably just stay across the street and watch from there.
I bet most of them will be gathered right around the stage. The other part might be pretty normal.

Looks like there could be some rain Saturday.

Not sure it will draw a big crowd. Gameday isn’t what it used to be. The crowds are probably bussed in. You know, like they do for Harris campaign rallies.

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123
Not sure it will draw a big crowd. Gameday isn’t what it used to be. The crowds are probably bussed in. You know, like they do for Harris campaign rallies.
Why don't you come down Saturday morning and see for yourself?

The crowds aren't bussed in.

FWIW

“College GameDay” on ESPN/ESPNU averaged 2.5 million viewers on Saturday morning (9am-12pm ET) from the campus of Texas A&M, marking the show’s third-best audience all-time. It’s the best figure for the show since November 2016, and the best episode prior to November ever.

Let me clarify my earlier post - post #15

Students can ride on busses to Gamecock Park. But this is routine. They can ride them from a few places on campus to the game.

There is no bussing people to make the crowd look bigger. That would be totally unnecessary given how many people seem to want to be in the crowd around the Gameday set- and for a Harris rally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT