ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia sports talk radio is so so, but I really like listening to Matt Barber!

cockn'fyr

Mar 26, 2006
Filling in for Teddy on WGCV with Dr. Rick, very informative. Don't understand why he doesn't have a gig!

Reactions: jeff2001
I'm behind the times. I didn't even know that station existed. i'll check it out.

I am pretty sure he does have an account on here...

Teddy does too

Yep, everyone in radio I know of does. Teddy, Heath, Bill, and whoever else is on the radio has an account on here.

Radio guys can tell you they don't read message boards, but they do. You have to as this is kind of outlet is a way to judge the interest of fans and topics fans want to hear. It is also a way to hear criticism.

I've worked on both major sports stations in town. Trust me, all those guys are reading GCC

Also, thanks for listening in this morning. Always fun to be in studio with Rick and talk to all the listeners

Yep, everyone in radio I know of does. Teddy, Heath, Bill, and whoever else is on the radio has an account on here.

Radio guys can tell you they don't read message boards, but they do. You have to as this is kind of outlet is a way to judge the interest of fans and topics fans want to hear. It is also a way to hear criticism.

I've worked on both major sports stations in town. Trust me, all those guys are reading GCC

Also, thanks for listening in this morning. Always fun to be in studio with Rick and talk to all the listeners
Didn't mean to call you out sir! I don't work in sports journalism but that was my major in college so I understand the biz a bit and appreciate people who are good at it. (And what it must be like to put up with the community of "fanatics" out there).

Thanks Matt! I bet everyone doesn't use their name as handle, I think Heath does though!

Yes Matt is good at what he does. He's a Newberry College alum, and I think that he was there when Heath Benedict, Tymere Zimmerman, and Josh Stepp were playing..

Bump, caught some of the show yesterday and today. Thanks for the tipoff OP. Who was on there talking with Matt this morning, was that Teddy? Sounded kinda like him but I was unsure; also sounded kinda like Kornblut. Maybe it's just been too long since I heard ol' Teddy's voice!

Pretty sure that was Teddy this morning, I think he had Phil. Matt just fills in from time to time! Corey doesn't seem too interested in a radio show or think it's worth his while! Teddy show is a nice change of pace when 107.5 decides to go off topic!

Reactions: coolcock2001
What happened to Corey's show?
I'm not that guy always accusing someone of being anti-USC but last I heard Corey Miller do a show (several years ago) it was nauseating with the way he talked about us. Maybe that was just because it was during the whole Christian Miller recruitment but idk. Comes off like he thinks he's big and bad and doesn't think much of Carolina. So, good riddance IMO

If people like USC baseball they were definitely doing a deep dive on Teddy's show this am...let me know if you guys want some information on the nuances of Jonah Bride's defensive prowess at 3B

I'm not that guy always accusing someone of being anti-USC but last I heard Corey Miller do a show (several years ago) it was nauseating with the way he talked about us. Maybe that was just because it was during the whole Christian Miller recruitment but idk. Comes off like he thinks he's big and bad and doesn't think much of Carolina. So, good riddance IMO
Don't think Corey's issue is with Carolina....just the defensive coaches we had at the time....and he was right.

Reactions: DarkCock
Matt was in yesterday with Rick again and yes he is definitely better than anything 107.5 has. Matt's old show with Justin Cannon was always very informative & he got a lot more out of Carey Rich than Heath does.

Don't get me wrong Heath is very smart, but Matt could get energy out of Carey. Heath just uses him as a basketball analyst.

Sports radio in this town would be a lot better with Matt, Justin, & Jonathan Reynolds on more. Jonathan always provided a really good nonbias perspective on things too

Reactions: cockn'fyr
What happened to Corey's show?

The problem with Corey's last show was his cohost. The Pope guy just wasn't strong enough to be on air with Corey. Corey is a strong personality and Pope, who is probably a really nice guy, just wasn't a strong personality

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT