ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to our new LPGA tour member!!! Way to go Katelyn

cockgrad90

Dec 4, 2000

10. Katelyn Dambaugh, North Charleston, South Carolina, Univ. of South Carolina, 23 years old, $63,023

Dambaugh relied heavily on her putter en route to six top 10 finishes this season in only 12 events. She led all players with only 1.76 average putts per hole and was fourth in putting average. Dambaugh made her LPGA major debut as an amateur in this year’s ANA Inspiration. She joined the Symetra Tour in June as a three-time All-American who was Univ. of South Carolina’s all-time leader in career stroke average. Dambaugh, like her lefty idol, Phil Mickelson, does everything right-handed except swing a golf club.

Dambaugh on earning her tour card
“It means so much. Obviously missing the cut this week put me on the nervous side, but I just gave myself too many expectations coming in here. It seems like it was all part of God’s plan, so it didn’t matter if I made it or not.” Is it a dream come true? “It is, it is a dream come true. I’m excited to go to the Bahamas. I’ve never been there so that’s what I was looking forward to the most.”

Notables
SEC individual champion this year at South Carolina

Needed only 12 starts to earn enough money to graduate

10. Katelyn Dambaugh, North Charleston, South Carolina, Univ. of South Carolina, 23 years old, $63,023
Dambaugh relied heavily on her putter en route to six top 10 finishes this season in only 12 events. She led all players with only 1.76 average putts per hole and was fourth in putting average. Dambaugh made her LPGA major debut as an amateur in this year’s ANA Inspiration. She joined the Symetra Tour in June as a three-time All-American who was Univ. of South Carolina’s all-time leader in career stroke average. Dambaugh, like her lefty idol, Phil Mickelson, does everything right-handed except swing a golf club.

Dambaugh on earning her tour card
“It means so much. Obviously missing the cut this week put me on the nervous side, but I just gave myself too many expectations coming in here. It seems like it was all part of God’s plan, so it didn’t matter if I made it or not.” Is it a dream come true? “It is, it is a dream come true. I’m excited to go to the Bahamas. I’ve never been there so that’s what I was looking forward to the most.”

Notables
SEC individual champion this year at South Carolina

Needed only 12 starts to earn enough money to graduate
SchaWheet!!! And if there's ANYONE on this site that "goes golfing" as opposed to "playing golf", you're a northern idiot whom I despise!!!! =;-p

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT