ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Slade Carroll...RS Frosh walk on running back...PRODUCES on his opportunity

bascock

Mar 16, 1999
Congrats Slade on your opportunity in helping to close the game out Saturday. 4 or 5 straight carries for 48 yards to run the clock out! Reminds me a lot of Rob DeBoer and Ryan Brewer.

Note to FGF Gamecock community ….Slade Carroll led Lexington high school to reach the Class AAAA Division II state championship game... rushed for over 2,000 yards as a senior and eclipsed 3,600 yards on the ground in his career.

Congrats again to Slade...Hard work pays off !

And congrats to the O-Line and rest of the running backs for nice rushing game ! It was a pleasure to watch.

Last edited:
Congrats Slade on your opportunity in helping to close the game out Saturday. 4 or 5 straight carries for 48 yards to run the clock out! Reminds me a lot of Rob DeBoer and Ryan Brewer.

Note to FGF Gamecock community ….Slade Carroll led Lexington high school to reach the Class AAAA Division II state championship game... rushed for over 2,000 yards as a senior and eclipsed 3,600 yards on the ground in his career.

And congrats to the O-Line and rest of the running backs for nice rushing game ! It was a pleasure to watch.

His high school stat line is pretty impressive. Maybe there is a place for him at another position than rb? Log jam at that position. Still didn’t see mon denson.

Redshirt Freshman. He might get a chance later on down the road, he definitely can play somewhere, it’s just he wanted to be a Gamecock. He's a walk on.

Redshirt Freshman. He might get a chance later on down the road, he definitely can play somewhere, it’s just he wanted to be a Gamecock. He's a walk on.
There's always room for a Solid H-Back in a future backfield.

I posted the exact same thing yesterday and it got deleted.I love to see a walk-on excel. I hope to see more of him

Last edited:
Props to this young man and to Bailey Hart from Mt Pleasant. Was moved from QB to WR this summer. Made his INITIAL CATCH as a USC WR Saturday, a 16 yard reception.

Walk-ons usually don't receive much on their ROI with playing time vs. getting killed in practice.

#33 looked like a college RB to me, not sure how he'd stack up vs. UGA's defense, but a 11.5 yards per carry average ain't too shabby!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT