ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to UVA Basketball (sarcasm)

Let’s start with this-the play that changed the entire complexion of the overtime. No replay, no mention of anything from the announcers because it was another embarrassingly bad call in a tournament full of them.

On becoming the most fraudulent national champions of all time!!

tumblr_md39025RjM1rgt79vo1_500.gif

Bad calls frustrate the heck out of me. NFL replay usually gets it right. Baseball strike zone, easily solved by modern technology, though some fans and MLB disagree. Don't watch much NBA. I've seen headlines recently about players and coaches criticizing refs, also scandal years ago about refs betting on games they worked. Particularly frustrating to me is NCAA football and basketball. Bad calls are the norm and we hope our team will get make up calls when it happens. Maybe it's part of the game and we have to accept it, sort of like "because I say so" and "life isn't fair." Still hoping fairness will prevail, eventually.

Reactions: wentzel25
Let’s start with this-the play that changed the entire complexion of the overtime. No replay, no mention of anything from the announcers because it was another embarrassingly bad call in a tournament full of them.

I don't dispute the bad calls, but TT must have been in their back pocket, too. The 3 that sent the game to OT was a head-scratcher. TT defense just laid down with 7 seconds left and up by 3, and they let a guy get a WIDE open look. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I don't dispute the bad calls, but TT must have been in their back pocket, too. The 3 that sent the game to OT was a head-scratcher. TT defense just laid down with 7 seconds left and up by 3, and they let a guy get a WIDE open look. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The one guy that DID NOT MISS A FG OR FT after halftime left wide ass open??? Tied game, OT, UVA goes in to win NC.

Bad calls be damned, but UVA definitely was the recipient of a non call double dribble vs Auburn, and a phantom foul last night both very late in each game! l

Reactions: HI Cock
How are they most fraudulent of all time when University of No Classes won just 2 years ago

I actually have a friend who took one of those “classes”. Jokes about it to this day...but of course because “normal” students took advantage of it just as much as the student athletes, it “technically” was a university academic issue and not an athletics issue. Of course this is comical...but as far as on the actual court is concerned...UNC earned their titles. It just felt as though the moment Duke was knocked out, the NCAA was determined to have their redemption fairytale story. There were so many egregious calls that went UVA’s way...that quite literally changed the entire dynamic of the game...that I can’t simply just ignore it and pretend it didn’t happen. We’re not talking disputable calls...I’m talking suspiciously bad calls.

Man it’s almost like the NCAA/sports journalists wanted this story. No way this was a rigged outcome...we all know how incorruptible and trustworthy the NCAA is. At least make it less obvious next time. F-I-X-E-D.

Man it’s almost like the NCAA/sports journalists wanted this story. No way this was a rigged outcome...we all know how incorruptible and trustworthy the NCAA is. At least make it less obvious next time. F-I-X-E-D.

It’s an obvious storyline. No surprise in any of these. Now the media is in on this grand conspiracy theory of yours too?

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT