ADVERTISEMENT

Connor Shaw endorses new OC hire; Thats enough for me

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
I didnt realize Shaw played for Dowell in Chicago and Cleveland. Shaw endorses him, says USC just got better. Id imagine Beamer spoke w Shaw about how Dowell was to play for. This combined w his rep as a great recruiter = that’s enough for me. I was skeptical about the hire but no more, lets just see how it works out. He can recruit, and out best QB ever played for him and said we are better as a result of hiring him. Now lets just find a way to stop this NIL/portal chaos

I didnt realize Shaw played for Dowell in Chicago and Cleveland. Shaw endorses him, says USC just got better. Id imagine Beamer spoke w Shaw about how Dowell was to play for. This combined w his rep as a great recruiter = that’s enough for me. I was skeptical about the hire but no more, lets just see how it works out. He can recruit, and out best QB ever played for him and said we are better as a result of hiring him. Now lets just find a way to stop this NIL/portal chaos

In fairness though, he also trumpeted Roper when he moved to OC under Muschamp.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Connor Shaw also endorsed Muschamp. So I wouldn’t base by opinion on just that. Shaw could just personally like the guy. Or be trying to keep the fanbase positive. Shaw knows more about football than I ever will and what goes on behind the scenes.

I trust it will be a good hire because of Beamer and we seem to be trending up. I’m optimistic. I hope he brings some weapons with him to replace the ones that got sucked into the portal.

Last edited:
I’m going to be optimistic. But not because of Shaw. Because Connor Shaw also endorsed Muschamp.

I think this should be the approach. Connors endorsement should not swing the pendulum one way or another.

Last edited:

How much Kurt Roper stock did you buy, after Connor Shaw endorsed him?

If you watched the press conference and still do not like the hire. It’s going to be a long 6-10 years for you as a Gamecock fan.

Go Gamecocks -

Reactions: tngamecock#
If you watched the press conference and still do not like the hire. It’s going to be a long 6-10 years for you as a Gamecock fan.

Go Gamecocks -

Why do people feel the need to post something like this?

It would be nice if we made a great hire for once and really felt this way instead of telling ourselves stuff like this.

He had some really bad NFL QB’s he was forced to coach - after learning that some of his offensive ranking stats make a little more sense.

Guess we’ll see - sounds like I need to watch the presser

He had some really bad NFL QB’s he was forced to coach - after learning that some of his offensive ranking stats make a little more sense.

He pushed for Cleveland to draft Johnny Manziel in the 1st round.

I've noticed this seems to have become the argument to support Loggains. So you're saying he couldn't beat more talented teams?

How is that a good thing? We're currently ranked 9th out of 14 in recruiting in the SEC. So if he needs more talent than his opponents to be good at his job, we may be in trouble.

I think it's a poor hire but complaining about it now is not worth my time.

I'm not going to brag about the hire because some people defend it either.

I think it's a poor hire but complaining about it now is not worth my time.

I'm not going to brag about the hire because some people defend it either.

This is the sensible take. It is what it is at this point. No point in pretending he's a failure and no point in claiming him to be a success.

This is less of an endorsement than a kiss of death based on Shaw's endorsement record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT