ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative Muschamp Strikes Again

BTMGarnet

Jan 31, 2007
Up 31-21 with less than a minute left in the 3rd quarter and you just knew he’d make BMAC take the air out of the ball. Next thing you know, Gators have all the momentum and the rest is history. Was he watching the same game we were? Our defense couldn’t stop the run all game. You just can’t go conservative there and give the ball right back to UF. It’s a shame because BMAC was calling an excellent game up until that point.

we stole defeat from the jaws of victory...conservative play has worked in the past but i felt our defense was too depleted and offense was on point to do that today

Reactions: Pole and Tiger71
We have to get through to ray that 7-5 is a ****ing horrible season. This is on the fan base. We are a horrible fan base—- we accept ****ing results.

Bama could go 9-3 next season and they would want to fire the whole staff. They don’t accept ****.

We do in football, basketball, and baseball. It is championships or failure.

Reactions: Noonoo-33
Doesn't know how to win big games. It's shown time after time.

I think he'd rather lose playing it safe than win while being aggressive. I heard he addressed the play-calling by saying:

“We were running the same thing we were running early in the game and having a lot of success."

WRONG! We were mixing it up with a lot of success for 3 quarters of the game, some first down reads, first down passes, jet sweeps, etc. All of a sudden we have a lead and what do you know . . . we go hand-off x3 which results in a 3-and-out. This was a 2-fold mistake. Not only did he allow UF to keep the momentum but he took away all of the momentum from his own offense! You just can't handcuff your offense when you know how critical it is that they stay on the field. $4 million a year and he can't figure that out yet.

We have to get through to ray that 7-5 is a ****ing horrible season. This is on the fan base. We are a horrible fan base—- we accept ****ing results.

Bama could go 9-3 next season and they would want to fire the whole staff. They don’t accept ****.

We do in football, basketball, and baseball. It is championships or failure.

Especially when a school 90 miles up the road with a lot of the same geographical issues loses 5 games..... every three or four years.

Reactions: Pole
Especially when a school 90 miles up the road with a lot of the same geographical issues loses 5 games..... every three or four years.

That has been my point. We have the identical circumstances as Klempson but we even have a bigger alumni base to draw $ from. No excuse for what we put up with here. I’m not asking for praise but I made a decision not to buy season tickets next year. Can’t continue to bash my head against a brick wall. The board of trustees and andministration need a message sent once and for all. If they want $ then get serious about being good in football. I don’t care about tennis, golf, or swimming. Football is what matters. We will lose by 60 at klempson but i get you nothing changes.

That has been my point. We have the identical circumstances as Klempson but we even have a bigger alumni base to draw $ from. No excuse for what we put up with here. I’m not asking for praise but I made a decision not to buy season tickets next year. Can’t continue to bash my head against a brick wall. The board of trustees and andministration need a message sent once and for all. If they want $ then get serious about being good in football. I don’t care about tennis, golf, or swimming. Football is what matters. We will lose by 60 at klempson but i get you nothing changes.
To clarify, football is what matters to you.

Correct, of course. I'm merely reminding folks that football is not the be-all and end-all of college athletics.
Still, I wonder how schools which don't sponsor football manage financially.
I can't think of a single school that has 30,000 students that doesn't have an FBS football program. Look at how much enrollment has increased at Clemson since 2015. They've done multiple studies that show how winning football programs correlate with increased enrollment.

Reactions: MVPs
I can't think of a single school that has 30,000 students that doesn't have an FBS football program. Look at how much enrollment has increased at Clemson since 2015. They've done multiple studies that show how winning football programs correlate with increased enrollment.
Georgia State started a football program for that reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT