ADVERTISEMENT

Could Chad Holbrook-----

jfdubya

Jan 7, 2004
be the one to complete Kingston's coaching staff? Appears to me he needs a good recruiter/recruiting coordinator and who has better credentials that ole Chad? Beside that, he loves it here and this is his wife's home town and he and Tanner are just doggone 'good buddies. Sorry to spoil anyone's 4th of July plans but stay tuned.

It is my understanding that Mike Current is now in charge of recruiting. Or did I read that wrong?

You are correct...

be the one to complete Kingston's coaching staff? Appears to me he needs a good recruiter/recruiting coordinator and who has better credentials that ole Chad? Beside that, he loves it here and this is his wife's home town and he and Tanner are just doggone 'good buddies. Sorry to spoil anyone's 4th of July plans but stay tuned.

It would be a slap in the face to Chad

Last edited:
Reactions: roosterbell
Are you really serious?

I would welcome it if he wanted to do it. Let the man recruit and be behind the scenes.

Nah, best thing for Chad is to move on, did some good things, made mistakes to learn from as well, i hope he gets another job outside of SEC as HC and does well.

Reactions: Coppertopp
i think Chad will be a good head coach someday. I actually thought his hire by Tanner at the time was a good one due to his potential and continuity to the program. All hires are a calculated risk and now we know in hindsight Chad as the head coach at USC is a decision that did not work out. I believe what hurt him was his lack of experience in key several areas. Carolina is not the kind of program where someone can be given time to gain that experience or learn on the job. I hope Chad gets a shot again soon at a program where he can grow as a coach without the pressure a coach at Carolina is under.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcock2001
I believe he and Meyers would make a good combo at another school. Fresh start for both for success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT