ADVERTISEMENT

Curious. - Any of you #not a dime peeps butt hurt today

section907

Sep 16, 2000
that Muschamp’s recruiting class didn’t fall apart like you had hoped.

it’s not the best and room for improvement but has some solid players coming in this year. He also weather y'all's social media anti-establishment push to keep the class together.

Gotta give him some credit.

Go Gamecocks

it’s not the best and room for improvement but has some solid players coming in this year. He also weather y'all's social media anti-establishment push to keep the class together.

Go Gamecocks

I have been very critical of Muschamp and Tanner (and deservedly so) but also can give him mad props for holding this class together and today's signees.

Now we need to see him produce on the field with W's.

Yeah, it's good we got these recruits. But we still have Muschamp as HC and I am way past thinking he's possible of being a winning coach. Look at Pickens. Wasn't he supposed to come in and destroy everyone? If Kirby and UGA have not proven that coaching matters more than top recruits, I don't know what does.

I am more than happy that they held this recruiting class together. How they did it with the BOT spouting off at the mouth, Tanner spouting off, President Caslen putting his foot in his mouth time and time again. Muschamp going 4-8 and being a lame duck coach possibly. I am happy to have the ones we got for sure. It is a good class but we are still looking up at many teams on our schedule. We need to see that Muschamp and his staff can develop some players and not make them worse as they age.

I am glad he held the class together just in case he falls flat again next year. It If Muschamp gets it turned around, I am all for it. If he does not get it turned around and they are not competitive this coming year, I certainly want there to be some athletes there are the next coach to coach up. While I do not think Muschamp is the answer, I do not want the program completely destroyed in order to get rid of him.

I can’t stand him . However , what he managed to do (if Burch finally signs that damn LOI) is a freaking miracle honestly . I give credit where credit it due . However it don’t mean Diddly Poo if you can’t coach or develop players . Hit me back next December . That’s all I’m
Saying . W’s and L’s are all that matter . Either way outstanding job holding this class together .

Go Gamecocks
I will give him credit as being a great recruiter when his class finishes well above middle of the sec pack

7 SEC teams ahead of us and Kentucky is one spot behind us. Average

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
Yeah, it's good we got these recruits. But we still have Muschamp as HC and I am way past thinking he's possible of being a winning coach. Look at Pickens. Wasn't he supposed to come in and destroy everyone? If Kirby and UGA have not proven that coaching matters more than top recruits, I don't know what does.

Bingo. Won't matter. He can't coach worth a damn. Today's news / sunshine pumping is nothing more than sugar sprinkles on top of a crap sandwich. We still have the 3 stooges running the entirety of the mens programs. Ray at AD, Chump-loser at HC of FB team and Frank as Basketball coach.......and we'll not make the dance this year either. Again.....

Sunshine pumpers are the cancer and they need to be cut out.

Nothing has changed. Muschump is incompetent and Tanner and the board are ok with it. Our players deserve good coaching not this crap. #notadime

#notadime? Are you talking out both sides of your mouth or is your "time" worth nothing? That would be pretty depressing, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brutal Rooster
In the last week I have talked to two longtime Gamecock fans who have stopped giving and will not buy season tickets until changes are made. One was a big muckety muck with 8 tickets and who gave in 5 figures each year.

First time I've talked to anyone who was doing that. I have to admit that it made me a little sad. At the same time, I talked to one other fan who has had season tickets for a long time who said he would never give up his tickets.

It is clear to me that there are some seriously disgruntled fans. Whether it makes an impact in the years to come remains to be seen.

Reactions: tigertomreed

Go Gamecocks

Great we got Burch. WIth that said, this could be Muschamp's lowest ranked {or 2nd} of his head coaching career. He went 5th, 7th and 9th at UF and stunk up the place. He's averaged 18th here.

He's proved he can recruit. He hasn't proved he's a good head coach with now 8 years of real data. As a result, many fans have grown weary of the off-season folderol.

Has to start happening on the field. Otherwise, let's pay him for off-field activities and let's get a true leader in for gameday.

Reactions: redrogers

Go Gamecocks
I'm still disappointed were ranked 8th in the SEC in recruiting. If we played in another Conference our class would be impressive. I'm glad we got Burch. Is he enough to win the East?

Last edited:
It's another top 20 class. We've been landing those since the Brad Scott days. It takes someone dumb enough to believe Muschamp was a good hire to believe this recruiting class actually changes anything for Muschamp. He needs to change whatever he's doing to screw up every offense he has overseen. It's coaching, not talent, that has been the problem.

Today's top 20 class just proves my point that all the idiots who said recruiting was going to change under Muschamp compared to Spurrier and we needed to follow Clemson's model were completely and utterly wrong. We will ALWAYS be able to recruit top 20-25 classes. We will NEVER consistently recruit above that unless we cheat like Clemson, Auburn, North Carolina, etc. The ONLY way we will ever be consistently successful in football will be when we commit to hiring great coaches, NOT so-called great recruiters. We need coaches who can take top 20 recruiting classes and produce at least top 20 football teams.

Yearly ranking of Gamecock recruiting classes:

2020 19th
2019 19th
2018 18th
2017 16th
2016 26th
2015 19th
2014 16th
2013 16th
2012 19th
2011 18th
2010 24th
2009 12th
2008 22nd
2007 6th
2006 24th
2005 23rd
2004 35th
2003 8th
2002 11th

As far as recruiting is concerned, nothing has changed, period.

I hope one day the morons who say every year, THIS is the top 20 recruiting class that's going to change everything will wake up and realize how ridiculous they look. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Wait til next OC! WOOHOO!!!

Last edited:
It's another top 20 class. We've been landing those since the Brad Scott days. It takes someone dumb enough to believe Muschamp was a good hire to believe this recruiting class actually changes anything for Muschamp. He needs to change whatever he's doing to screw up every offense he has overseen. It's coaching, not talent, that has been the problem.

Today's top 20 class just proves my point that all the idiots who said recruiting was going to change under Muschamp compared to Spurrier and we needed to follow Clemson's model were completely and utterly wrong. We will ALWAYS be able to recruit top 20-25 classes. We will NEVER consistently recruit above that unless we cheat like Clemson, Auburn, North Carolina, etc. The ONLY way we will ever be consistently successful in football will be when we commit to hiring great coaches, NOT so-called great recruiters. We need coaches who can take top 20 recruiting classes and produce at least top 20 football teams.

2020 19th
2019 19th
2018 18th
2017 16th
2016 26th
2015 19th
2014 16th
2013 16th
2012 19th
2011 18th
2010 24th
2009 12th
2008 22nd
2007 6th
2006 24th
2005 23rd
2004 35th
2003 8th
2002 11th

I hope one day the morons who say every year, THIS is the top 20 recruiting class that's going to change everything will wake up and realize how ridiculous they look. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Good info. Why is it that we can consistently recruit in the top 20 but can’t consistently be ranked in the top 20?

Regarding the OP, did Muschamp suddenly not win only four games in Year 4? Did this class (so far) grant him more wins next year?

To echo other posters, this is a nice class (assuming Burch actually signs) considering how pathetic we were last season. So the cupboard should be fairly stocked for the next coach we hire.

2020 19th
2019 19th
2018 18th
2017 16th
2016 26th
2015 19th
2014 16th
2013 16th
2012 19th
2011 18th
2010 24th
2009 12th
2008 22nd
2007 6th
2006 24th
2005 23rd
2004 35th
2003 8th
2002 11th

Sadly, this is pretty accurate. And here is a fact. Next year, we probably have fewer 4 and 5 stars next year than Muschamp has had since he has been here, even with this class. Spurrier's last five classes had 42 4 and 5 star players; Muschamp's five include 33. None of that addresses coaching up the three stars. But it reflects that what 75 Carolinafan says is true. We have been in this same general area for the last twenty years. Muschamp's average class is 19, Spurrier's 18. The 11 win seasons were preceeded by a 2009 class that had I think 14 4 and 5 star players. Seven is the most Muschamp has had. He recruits well, but it's still not enough. Spurrier's 2007 and 2009 great recruiting years were outliers.

At South Carolina, recruiting is critical, but good coaching is even more critical with a ceiling on recruiting. We have a good defensive coaching group, it all comes down to whether they are willing to what is needed on offense. Do they...can they?

BTW.....The argument that he did such a great job recruiting after a bad season conveniently ignores the fact they created the bad season.

The coaching has to match the recruiting. Muschamp I'd guess has averaged around 18-22 in recruiting since he's arrived. I'd say his average finish in results has been between 50-60th. That shows a definite dropoff in the results compared to recruiting.

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
Bingo. Won't matter. He can't coach worth a damn. Today's news / sunshine pumping is nothing more than sugar sprinkles on top of a crap sandwich. We still have the 3 stooges running the entirety of the mens programs. Ray at AD, Chump-loser at HC of FB team and Frank as Basketball coach.......and we'll not make the dance this year either. Again.....

Sunshine pumpers are the cancer and they need to be cut out.
actually just like players on the team, the cancers are the ones stirring up crap all the time, which would be the champ haters.. there is absolutely no doubt that if the coaching staff was anything like yall think it is, they never woulda been able to keep this class together. yall are just insulting the intelligence of every recruit, parent and high school coach of these kids.. personally, i am pretty sure it is yalls intrelligence that needs to be questioned

An incompetent coach.
you might be right!! but I'll say this to death ears..... if he is such an awful coach and I have seen better!!! but if he's so awful??? how is it that he makes so much money???? don't give me the tanner crap!!! he has been coaching for a long time and at a lot of different places!!! been making big bucks for a long time... is everyone stupid like Tanner? if he can't coach... why has he moved from position to position through out his career to were he is at today??? making the money he's making... not just here..... tell me that???? I see the product ... it sucks... I agree... but there is more to it than just coaching...

Go Gamecocks
He’s a good recruiter — he just can’t coach them when they get here.

you might be right!! but I'll say this to death ears..... if he is such an awful coach and I have seen better!!! but if he's so awful??? how is it that he makes so much money???? don't give me the tanner crap!!! he has been coaching for a long time and at a lot of different places!!! been making big bucks for a long time... is everyone stupid like Tanner? if he can't coach... why has he moved from position to position through out his career to were he is at today??? making the money he's making... not just here..... tell me that???? I see the product ... it sucks... I agree... but there is more to it than just coaching...

There’s more to coaching...than coaching? Makes sense.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Go Gamecocks
I read your post and thought....this will start another sh*t storm. Then I read through the thread. I was right. I. cant understand why on an otherwise good day, people will open a door knowing that10,000 pounds of doo doo is on the other side.

Go Gamecocks

Nope at Disney with my kids I truly forgot about it. Oh and I always want to be stocked. Butt hurt? Okay..

He's a good Defensive coordinator. As a Head Coach he's the Drizzling Shits. He sucks at hiring offensive Coordinators.The Bobo hire shows he's not willing to go out of his Comfort zone. He could've went after a fast paced passing attack offensive coordinator like Kendall Briles or Chad Morris. Our offensive is gonna look the same as Mclendon calling the plays. Boom will be looking for a Defensive coordinator job next year at this time. Hopefully Tanner can make a good hire.

Reactions: Flameout12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT