ADVERTISEMENT

(Cut and Paste) Coaching Search Commentary From Across the Country...

LaborLawyer

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2004
Nebraska: The Huskers officially announced Scott Frost is their next head football coach. Frost has agreed to a seven-year, $35 million contract. A Sunday news conference is planned.

Bruce Feldman tweets that Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos is “calling recruits and telling them Scott Frost has 90% of his staff in place, and they will be pleased.”

UCF athletics director Danny White said Frost and the assistant coaches Frost brings with him to Nebraska will coach UCF in its bowl game. A person with direct knowledge of the situation told The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach that Nebraska will pay 50 percent of the UCF assistant coaches’ salaries beginning Monday. (?????)

UCF: The Knights named Troy Walters as interim head coach following the departure of Frost. Athletics director Danny White said the school will conduct a national search and that, “I think we have the most attractive football opening in the nation right now.”

Arizona State: The school is preparing a Monday news conference to introduce Herm Edwards as its new head football coach, according to a person with direct knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the announcement has not been made public. Edwards, an ESPN analyst since 2009, spent 11 seasons as an NFL assistant coach, five years as head coach of the New York Jets and last coached college football as an assistant at San Jose State from 1987-89. He is a former client of Arizona State athletics director Ray Anderson.

Florida State: Athletics director Stan Wilcox said the school would like to hire a replacement for Jimbo Fisher in the next two or three days. “I can’t say that we have a top candidate,” Wilcox said. “There’s a number of top individuals that I think that rise to the top for each of us, but I can’t say that we have one individual in mind, right now.”

UCLA: Cal defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro, who coached under Chip Kelly at Oregon and in the NFL, is leaving the Bears to join Kelly’s UCLA staff as defensive coordinator, a person with direct knowledge of the matter told The Athletic’s Chantel Jennings.

In addition, former Oregon linebackers coach and defensive coordinator Don Pellum will reunite with Chip Kelly as the Bruins’ linebackers coach, Aaron Fentress of NBC Sports Northwest reports. Gary Campbell, the longtime running backs coach with the Ducks under Kelly and others, will remain in retirement, another person with direct knowledge told Jennings.

New Mexico: Offensive coordinator Bob DeBesse and cornerbacks coach Al Simmons will not return. DeBesse spent the last six years on staff, while Simmons spent three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News