ADVERTISEMENT

*** D.J. Burns Sunday night update...

W

Wes Mitchell

Sunday night update: D.J. Burns has officially announced he is reclassifying to 2018.

Quick Sunday morning update:
I'm told that D.J. Burns' official visit "couldn't have gone any better." The staff rolled out the red carpet and both Burns and his family had a great time. I'm hoping to get some more details about where it goes from here, but I think it's safe to say Carolina has given Burns plenty to think about. My gut is that Carolina has done enough to land him, but I'm going to continue to check on this to see what the word is.

Original Friday update: Just a reminder from my previous report, South Carolina will host York Prep four-star center D.J. Burns on his official visit this weekend and it's a key trip in his recruitment. While Burns has yet to announce anything officially, at this point I fully expect for him to end up as part of the 2018 class and South Carolina and Tennessee are the two finalists here. I get the impression that Burns wants to be done with the process soon and the reclassification also has helped to speed up the process.

I expect the Gamecocks to roll out the red carpet with weekend and give Burns the full experience. He may be a great player, but he's not an athlete only - he's a very sharp, academically oriented kid - and showing both Burns and his family that Carolina has everything in place for him to be successful on and off the court. In addition to the academic staff - which is top notch by the way - I expect for him to meet with Harris Pastides, Ray Tanner and Marcus Lattimore while on the official visit.

While Tennessee was the long-time favorite, I think Carolina has the momentum after his in-home visit with Frank Martin. I can't predict the future, but with a great official visit, I think he's someone the Gamecocks can land.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News