ADVERTISEMENT

D1 Baseball Fall Report on SC

Sounds promising.

I read the same article .... Just exactly what sounded promising???

There’s reason to believe that last spring was an aberration, and that South Carolina will bounce back strong in 2020. No that's not it. Hhmmm, he didn't give any reasons ... strange!

The Gamecocks did have some talented young players on last year’s club, and now those players not so young, and several of them seem poised for breakout years.
Wonder who he is talking about. No, that's not it either. Odd that he didn't mention anyone by name, like most sportswriters would.

Now third-year head coach Mark Kingston and his staff have gotten a chance to build their own recruiting class, and this is one of college baseball’s best newcomer groups, loaded with impact veteran transfers as well as promising freshmen
. Oh! I see! This is the part where a Know-nothing writes words but, doesn't say anything and the sheep are expected to follow blindly and believe. Right!

The only thing, whatsoever, this article said was ...'we haven't dreamed up the excuses we are going to use this year yet.

Reactions: Cock In Space
I read the same article .... Just exactly what sounded promising???

There’s reason to believe that last spring was an aberration, and that South Carolina will bounce back strong in 2020. No that's not it. Hhmmm, he didn't give any reasons ... strange!

The Gamecocks did have some talented young players on last year’s club, and now those players not so young, and several of them seem poised for breakout years.
Wonder who he is talking about. No, that's not it either. Odd that he didn't mention anyone by name, like most sportswriters would.

Now third-year head coach Mark Kingston and his staff have gotten a chance to build their own recruiting class, and this is one of college baseball’s best newcomer groups, loaded with impact veteran transfers as well as promising freshmen
. Oh! I see! This is the part where a Know-nothing writes words but, doesn't say anything and the sheep are expected to follow blindly and believe. Right!

The only thing, whatsoever, this article said was ...'we haven't dreamed up the excuses we are going to use this year yet.
Oh, I get it. It's a conspiracy to make us think our baseball team is gonna be good this year. That way when they don't do good we'll be sad. I don't know why I didn't notice it myself.
But seriously, I simply read the article and took it at face value. Sounded promising to me. I didn't require him to name his sources or tell why he thought we might possibly be pretty good.

Reactions: MookieBlaylock9
Did we read the same thing? He mentioned 28 players by name and the article went on for 31 paragraphs... I suspect all you had access to was the non-subscriber version...sorry.

Ah! That explains all. Still could not get additional access to the article. Hopefully this also excuses my aggression towards acceptance of the article since I had only about 10% of it.
Sorry for my part of the confusion.

Reactions: BBallUSC
Yeah...their terms of service prevent me from copying and pasting the whole article but it was fairly detailed and very promising forecast.
A small quote will give an example of the articles found there:
“No team in college baseball bolstered its roster with graduate transfers more than South Carolina, which landed two serious impact bats in Dallas Beaver (from UCF) and Bryant Bowen(Southern Miss). Beaver hit .316/.455/.545 with 12 homers and 56 RBIs for the Knights last year, and he’s a capable defender at catcher or either infield corner spot...Bowen had a similar season for Southern Miss last year, hitting .341/.403/.563 with 11 homers and 51 RBIs.”

There’s a lot to be excited about for the upcoming baseball season with all the newcomers. Should have much more quality depth on the mound, and hopefully with all the experienced additions we’ll have a more productive offense. Don’t see how it could be worse. We really struggled offensively last year, and evidently Kingston has decided to change the offensive approach to get away from trying to live off the longball. Still a bunch of questions to be answered though. What will the weekend rotation look like? Who’s gonna be the closer? Will the lineup produce? etc.

I won't pretend to know anything about college baseball, but I thought we lost a lot of players from last season's roster. Interesting that everyone think the JuCos and new recruits make us better this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT