ADVERTISEMENT

dablow on Fred Davis

I was watching this earlier and thought the same thing. I guess since the mail person didn't die oh well, we'll handle it internally. He might miss the first quarter of the South Carolina State game. I would assume the mail person would sue his ass big time if he makes it to the NFL in the future.

Reactions: pepsicock
Clowney got caught twice doing over one hundred in a matter of weeks and it was laughed off. I don’t think ruining his life is a just punishment in this situation.

And I believe you the statute of limitations is 3 years. So depending on how his career goes that may pass by the time he makes it to the nfl.

Reactions: redrogers
Clowney got caught twice doing over one hundred in a matter of weeks and it was laughed off. I don’t think ruining his life is a just punishment in this situation.

And I believe you the statute of limitations is 3 years. So depending on how his career goes that may pass by the time he makes it to the nfl.
People try to justify something by bringing something else up. Clowney should have gotten arrested if you ask me for going that fast. And of course this tater tot hit someone and almost killed them big difference. The mail person should sue clemson. The 1st time they see that punk on the field for mental distress.

People try to justify something by bringing something else up. Clowney should have gotten arrested if you ask me for going that fast. And of course this tater tot hit someone and almost killed them big difference. The mail person should sue clemson. The 1st time they see that punk on the field for mental distress.
Give me a break, mental distress. Would you feel the same if it were a Carolina player? No difference at all according to sc. There is not an up charge for injuring anyone while wreckless driving. These are young adults lapse in judgement will happen. Punished yes, kicked off the team and his life ruined no. The mail carrier according to wis will make a full recovery.

On a side note I would say the same thing if the player were from here or Georgia or wherever.

Give me a break, mental distress. Would you feel the same if it were a Carolina player? No difference at all according to sc. There is not an up charge for injuring anyone while wreckless driving. These are young adults lapse in judgement will happen. Punished yes, kicked off the team and his life ruined no. The mail carrier according to wis will make a full recovery.

On a side note I would say the same thing if the player were from here or Georgia or wherever.
No I would not feel differently if it was a USC player. Would you feel differently if it was your wife or mom?

No I would not feel differently if it was a USC player. Would you feel differently if it was your wife or mom?
No I wouldn’t and I have been in that very situation. I helped the boy get a job afterwards. Still talk to him from time to time. He has thanked me. Not everyone is an eye for an eye person.

Reactions: SeeUatAU

Yes mental distress, hey look there that guy who almost killed you doing 110.

No I wouldn’t and I have been in that very situation. I helped the boy get a job afterwards. Still talk to him from time to time. He has thanked me. Not everyone is an eye for an eye person.
Yeah well I have too and my sister-in-law didnt live thru it.

• Angry
Reactions: redrogers
It was probably 6 points and a heavy fine, what the law calls for. He didn't have an accident so there you go. He's not the only person that has hit 100 on the interstate.

Reactions: CLT_Cock

SportsTalk Media Network
@sportstalksc

Swinney said of Fred Davis accident was not of his character, he will have consequences, discipline will be handled within program, discipline has already started. #Clemson

3:21 PM · Aug 6, 2021

Good ole dablow . As long as the mail person didn't die he still on the team.
Doesn't the fact the kid did this, by definition mean it's within his character? It may not be a habit, but clearly it's within the kid's character to drive like that.

Yeah, sounds like the kids I teach when I have to get on them for misbehaving. They always want to know why I’m not fussing at so & so. I tell them they need to worry about their own business and quit worrying about what everyone else does. Tend to your own business.

Reactions: rogue cock

Three years to file the suit....not to complete it. And a judgment will last a lot longer.

Yeah, sounds like the kids I teach when I have to get on them for misbehaving. They always want to know why I’m not fussing at so & so. I tell them they need to worry about their own business and quit worrying about what everyone else does. Tend to your own business.

While I agree with the sentiment, it comes off as really convenient to dismiss it when it's one side, and call for drastic punishment when it's the other.

We should all be held to the same standards.

Reactions: hillstosea

You are right, there is not....but there damned well should be. SC has some very weak laws. Causing serious bodily injury while reckless driving ("Vehicular Assault" in many jurisdictions) should be a felony.

Couple of points raised by ClemBoom:

The 3 years vs NFL is irrelevant. If a judgment is entered for $100s of thousands of dollars in excess of insurance limits (very well conceivable), that judgment, unless satisfied, sits for years awaiting funds to seize. If he goes NFL, then voila!

Also, comparing Clowney vs Davis omits the major difference. Clowney hurt no one. Davis almost killed someone. To omit that, well, humongous difference is disingenuous and way too Clem-loving to see reality.

And yes, if it were a Carolina player, he’d be suspended for the year if it were my call.

I guess it is when you get to the physical injury aspect, the game changes. Look at it this way, ClemBoom, if a player threw someone down a stair case, or hit a girl with a towel rod, you’d feel the …..oh, I guess I may be wrong…………..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT