ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo to Tennessee or Florida?

I dont think Dabo ever leaves Clemson. If he did it would be for the Alabama job. He fits in like Danny Ford, maybe even a better fit.

Tennrssee doesnt have Clemson beat in anything. Clemson facilities much nicer, and more of that college feel.

Florida needs some major upgrades but they are perhaps one of the top 5 coaching spots. Fertile recruiting grounds. However Dabo already does a great job recruiting florida and the gators will back stab their own coach. Not very professional the way they fire coachrs mid season or after just a couple of years in. Dabo doesnt need that crap, hes the King up at Clemson.

Texas AM is the wildcard. They have everything, best, newest facilities, more millionaire alumni than maybe any other university . They could pay a coach anything they wish. I dont think its about money with Dabo though so if TAMU comes after him it could be for $15 million a year

The one and the same. Tell me more about how SECw and ACC Coastal wins and losses have any bearing on how bad the SECe is. And I’m pretty certain that even you don’t actually believe UT was a better team than GT when they played (you’re probably not even overly convinced that USC is better than NCSU, if we’re being honest).

But yeah...Conference and division strength ratings are out there. Sagarin or otherwise. I guess they’re all wrong, because the ACC has teams like Syracuse and BC and Pitt, and the SEC has powerhouses like Vandy, UK, and Missouri.

And with that...I’m done discussing conferences. I can’t believe I even got sucked into it.

You can't believe you got sucked into it? You're one of the biggest trolls on this site. It's what you do. You can't help yourself.

GT rolled up 600+ yards on UT, including 535 rushing, and that was when Butch still had the team. It is an absolute statistical anomaly to rush for 500+ and still lose the game, but GT managed to do it. And Butch isn't even coaching them anymore, but you still like their chances? NCSU doubled USC up on yardage, quite literally, and the difference was a Deebo KO return. I get it--it's what we do as fans on message boards. I just have a hard time believe you'd put a nickel on UT or USC if those matchups were to happen again this year. Since you don't have to worry about that possibility, you can tell me you'd bet your house, and I guess I gotta believe you, right?

Or maybe USC won the game because the defense forced turnovers, something it's done all season long.

You can't believe you got sucked into it? You're one of the biggest trolls on this site. It's what you do. You can't help yourself.
Yeah, I guess you're right. All the stuff I said is incorrect, so definitely a troll. Dabo would prefer to stay in the ACC where things are easy, rather than taking on the SECe murderer's row, as the OP stated. Apologies again for trolling.

Dabo is not going anywhere. Why would we want him to anyway?? He is a doofus and will screw it up one way or the other.

Not only do I not think he takes any other job right now, I don't think he'd take the Alabama job if it was offered.

When you get to coaches it seems like ten years at one spot, and the message goes stale. Sometimes it doesn't.

If Dabo's situation isn't broke, don't fix it. Alabama may have been the school you dreamed about as a kid, but when you are a grown man, have a great living situation, the wife is happy, the kids are fine, and you are making beaucoup money, don't screw it up.
Agree with all said above. My family had it all (certainly not near as much money - but definitely comfortable). Then, I decided we needed more, left, and regretted the move. Yet, we learn from our mistakes.

Have many A&M friends and family, and they do not want Dabo. Also, this is a rumor which very few in college station have heard. A good coach who also “fits in” is a priority right now. This is a classy fan base...unlike ClemSon
So should I infer that Sumlin does not fit in at A&M?

A lot of talk about Jon Gruden considering the UT job.

GT rolled up 600+ yards on UT, including 535 rushing, and that was when Butch still had the team. It is an absolute statistical anomaly to rush for 500+ and still lose the game, but GT managed to do it. And Butch isn't even coaching them anymore, but you still like their chances? NCSU doubled USC up on yardage, quite literally, and the difference was a Deebo KO return. I get it--it's what we do as fans on message boards. I just have a hard time believe you'd put a nickel on UT or USC if those matchups were to happen again this year. Since you don't have to worry about that possibility, you can tell me you'd bet your house, and I guess I gotta believe you, right?
Like every loser, pull out the statistics. There is a reason for the old adage "lies, damned lies and statistics."

Why did they think that? Did they double Clemson's yardage?

Oh...so that's how they determine winners. You look at the stats. I thought you just looked at records and injuries and such, and what the entire country's perception (including vegas) is/was. Would you bet on clemson given the score going into the 4th quarter if Bama's RB was not hurt?

Your argument that we would not bet on USC against NC State is a baseless one. Our defense is significantly better than it was at that time, and we were playing from ahead the whole game, limiting what we needed to do on offense.

Facts do not fit your narrative. Quit crying. Why clemson fans waste their time on their rival's boards always entertains me. Just enjoy your Natty with your clemson buddies...we don't need your editorials.

BTW, your strength of schedule is based upon the fact that you played Auburn, an SEC team. FSU? Louisville? NC State? VT? BC? Wake? You really don't think that we could beat those teams?

Like every loser, pull out the statistics. There is a reason for the old adage "lies, damned lies and statistics."
Right, and those were both wins, and count as such. No argument. Statistics are used to calculate probability. The probability that either UT or USC would repeat as winners of games against GT and NCSU based on statistics from the first games is slim, but you've made it clear that statistics don't matter to you, and you'd bet on both to go 2-0. And that's fine. UT doesn't have a coach now, and USC doesn't have Deebo now, but hey, no difference. SEC, baby.

Right, and those were both wins, and count as such. No argument. Statistics are used to calculate probability. The probability that either UT or USC would repeat as winners of games against GT and NCSU based on statistics from the first games is slim, but you've made it clear that statistics don't matter to you, and you'd bet on both to go 2-0. And that's fine. UT doesn't have a coach now, and USC doesn't have Deebo now, but hey, no difference. SEC, baby.
See...there you go again bringing conference back into the discussion...you may be the biggest hypocrite on this board. BTW, your simplistic analysis on a game that occurred early in the season fails to consider any improvement or regression of the teams you are comparing.

Never said UT would win again, just said GaTech hasn't looked so hot lately...looked much better earlier in the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken M.
Oh...so that's how they determine winners. You look at the stats. I thought you just looked at records and injuries and such, and what the entire country's perception (including vegas) is/was. Would you bet on clemson given the score going into the 4th quarter if Bama's RB was not hurt?

Your argument that we would not bet on USC against NC State is a baseless one. Our defense is significantly better than it was at that time, and we were playing from ahead the whole game, limiting what we needed to do on offense.

Facts do not fit your narrative. Quit crying. Why clemson fans waste their time on their rival's boards always entertains me. Just enjoy your Natty with your clemson buddies...we don't need your editorials.

BTW, your strength of schedule is based upon the fact that you played Auburn, an SEC team. FSU? Louisville? NC State? VT? BC? Wake? You really don't think that we could beat those teams?
I've posted this before, and don't feel like going back to look it up, but Scarborough had 8 runs from the last 10 minutes of the first half (up 14-0) to the end of the 3rd quarter when he got injured. He amassed 24 yards. His 2 backups ran 6 times in the 4th for ~30 yards. That indicates to me that Clemson had Bo figured out, but agree--nobody knows what would have happened had he stayed in. Clelin Ferrell, the best DE in the game that night, went out 2 plays after Scarborough. Does that matter?

Anyway...continue with your anecdotal evidence. It's the best kind when actual statistical evidence doesn't work.

Here's Sagarin's latest Division strenths. How about that AAC West? The SECe WILL get better--too much money and too many serious fans for UF, UT, etc. to remain down. But right now...lawd. It's a dumpster fire.

CONFERENCE WIN50% ARITH.MEAN TEAMS

1 SEC-WEST (A) = 80.28 80.75 7 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 79.98 80.02 7 ( 2)
3 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 77.98 78.86 7 ( 3)
4 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 76.94 74.39 6 ( 6)
5 BIG 12 (A) = 76.00 74.16 10 ( 7)
6 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 75.85 76.07 6 ( 4)
7 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 74.93 75.23 7 ( 5)
8 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 72.63 73.82 7 ( 8)
9 AAC WEST (A) = 71.73 70.89 6 ( 9)
10 SEC-EAST (A) = 69.06 70.66 7 ( 10)

I hate Dabo as much as any Gamecock and he says really dumb sh!t about everytime he gets a mike stuck in his face, but I've never seen him as the egotistical person you describe

Take a step back and you will see. The “don’t let the left hand know what the right is doing” brand of Christianity has all but disappeared in today’s society. We all have some of this inside us. Try doing something good for someone, without anyone seeing, and without telling anyone. We all want other people to think we are a good person, but examine your motives. By doing something good for someone, are you doing it because it meets their need or yours?

Dabo praising the effort of the Syracuse team in a press conference is one thing, but he simply could not resist the opportunity to show everyone what a stand up guy he was by going into their locker room to tell them personally. He knew it would play well all over the media, but I have no doubt that he did it to meet his own need for validation and to have others pat him on the back for being such a great man. Such an overt act to gain attention is symptomatic of a pious, Pharasaich, egomaniac or an insecure little boy.

I dont think Dabo ever leaves Clemson. If he did it would be for the Alabama job. He fits in like Danny Ford, maybe even a better fit.

Tennrssee doesnt have Clemson beat in anything. Clemson facilities much nicer, and more of that college feel.

Florida needs some major upgrades but they are perhaps one of the top 5 coaching spots. Fertile recruiting grounds. However Dabo already does a great job recruiting florida and the gators will back stab their own coach. Not very professional the way they fire coachrs mid season or after just a couple of years in. Dabo doesnt need that crap, hes the King up at Clemson.

Texas AM is the wildcard. They have everything, best, newest facilities, more millionaire alumni than maybe any other university . They could pay a coach anything they wish. I dont think its about money with Dabo though so if TAMU comes after him it could be for $15 million a year

The A&M job is a pressure cooker for sure, but someone with Dabo’s ego may not be able to resist that. The didn’t rebuild their stadium to seat 125,000 people for nothing. They want a return on their investment, so whoever goes there better get the Bag Men Network (secretly known as “The 14th Man”) set up quick.

That damn clown ain't going anywhere but Pickens County where he belongs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT