ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo to Tennessee or Florida?

Irmo Cock

Dec 20, 2003
They both could probably show him the money. He probably wouldn't consider it due to the easy schedule road he has.

Reactions: atl-cock
They both could probably show him the money. He probably wouldn't consider it due to the easy schedule road he has.
Supposedly he's A&M's top target. Lots of smoke around that. Don't think he takes it. Stays where he is and possibly waits for Saban to retire.

Reactions: bloodyspur
Supposedly he's A&M's top target. Lots of smoke around that. Don't think he takes it. Stays where he is and possibly waits for Saban to retire.

Not only do I not think he takes any other job right now, I don't think he'd take the Alabama job if it was offered.

When you get to coaches it seems like ten years at one spot, and the message goes stale. Sometimes it doesn't.

If Dabo's situation isn't broke, don't fix it. Alabama may have been the school you dreamed about as a kid, but when you are a grown man, have a great living situation, the wife is happy, the kids are fine, and you are making beaucoup money, don't screw it up.

He will leave when he retires at age 69. We better get used to it. Hope we can make it uncomfortable for him again like we did a few years ago.

Reactions: rogue cock
When it comes to Alabama, I would not be surprised to see Dabo flip to the Tide, if the job were offered. He would be a fool but I believe his ego would tell him and convince him that he could win more titles there than Saban. Brought Clemson a title and moved them to the elite level and now takes his place at besting Saban at his alma mater. He sees himself being called one of the greatest coaches ever. Too much for him to pass on.

Let's not forget, only a fool follows a legend when he retires.

He'd never survive the SECe gauntlet. Why, there are teams named "Florida", and "Tennessee", and "Georgia", so you KNOW they're good. He should definitely stay in the ACC where things are easier.

Not to say that I don't think him a fool, BUT; He would be a complete FOOL to leave tatertown. He's worshipped by the cult that is clemsin. He has the EASIEST schedule/path to the cfp year-in and year-out. He has hired assistants who do well. All he has to do is dance in the locker room...... that and visit opposing locker rooms.

When it comes to Alabama, I would not be surprised to see Dabo flip to the Tide, if the job were offered. He would be a fool but I believe his ego would tell him and convince him that he could win more titles there than Saban. Brought Clemson a title and moved them to the elite level and now takes his place at besting Saban at his alma mater. He sees himself being called one of the greatest coaches ever. Too much for him to pass on.

That qualifies Dabo.

Reactions: NetworkX
When it comes to Alabama, I would not be surprised to see Dabo flip to the Tide, if the job were offered. He would be a fool but I believe his ego would tell him and convince him that he could win more titles there than Saban. Brought Clemson a title and moved them to the elite level and now takes his place at besting Saban at his alma mater. He sees himself being called one of the greatest coaches ever. Too much for him to pass on

I hate Dabo as much as any Gamecock and he says really dumb sh!t about everytime he gets a mike stuck in his face, but I've never seen him as the egotistical person you describe

Only a Gamecock fan would have to endure such an idiot assembling a program right next door. I mean what were the chances Clemsin top brass (or anyone else) saw anything close to this 10 years ago?

Reactions: jawdropper
Not to say that I don't think him a fool, BUT; He would be a complete FOOL to leave tatertown. He's worshipped by the cult that is clemsin. He has the EASIEST schedule/path to the cfp year-in and year-out. He has hired assistants who do well. All he has to do is dance in the locker room...... that and visit opposing locker rooms.

Based on facts alone, Alabama appears to have the easiest path to the CFP. It is the only school to make it all three years and appear poised for a fourth straight appearance. Other SEC schools need to step up and beat them eventually.

Have many A&M friends and family, and they do not want Dabo. Also, this is a rumor which very few in college station have heard. A good coach who also “fits in” is a priority right now. This is a classy fan base...unlike ClemSon

Are these the same ratings that show "Tennessee" beating Ga Tech or South Carolina beating NCSU or Bama whipping FSU or Clemson losing to 6-loss Syracuse?
The one and the same. Tell me more about how SECw and ACC Coastal wins and losses have any bearing on how bad the SECe is. And I’m pretty certain that even you don’t actually believe UT was a better team than GT when they played (you’re probably not even overly convinced that USC is better than NCSU, if we’re being honest).

But yeah...Conference and division strength ratings are out there. Sagarin or otherwise. I guess they’re all wrong, because the ACC has teams like Syracuse and BC and Pitt, and the SEC has powerhouses like Vandy, UK, and Missouri.

And with that...I’m done discussing conferences. I can’t believe I even got sucked into it.

The one and the same. Tell me more about how SECw and ACC Coastal wins and losses have any bearing on how bad the SECe is. And I’m pretty certain that even you don’t actually believe UT was a better team than GT when they played (you’re probably not even overly convinced that USC is better than NCSU, if we’re being honest).

But yeah...Conference and division strength ratings are out there. Sagarin or otherwise. I guess they’re all wrong, because the ACC has teams like Syracuse and BC and Pitt, and the SEC has powerhouses like Vandy, UK, and Missouri.

And with that...I’m done discussing conferences. I can’t believe I even got sucked into it.
You started the conference discussion, I simply replied to your post. And, absolutely, I believe South Carolina would beat NCSU again. Ga Tech hasn't looked so hot this year either, so UT would have a pretty good chance based on athletes alone.

Reactions: BigTomE

i absolutely can not stand either - but i can see it, culture wise. they would eat a goober like him up in college station. oh my God.

i absolutely can not stand either - but i can see it, culture wise. they would eat a goober like him up in college station. oh my God.

The culture is NOT the same. They speak proper English....Southern absolutely. But, redneck “Ain’t no way ClemSon language” will not do well at college station”. They do not won’t Dabo at all...and the rumors that they do are originating from ClemSon only.

I'd move ISIS into Clemson to get Dabo to move out, but that's probably about the only way to make it happen.
I'd move ISIS into Clemson to get Dabo to move out, but that's probably about the only way to make it happen.

Bahaha! He won’t be offered.. but even if he was, why would he leave the easiest path to the playoffs?

I'm in the camp that thinks Dabo may not be tempted by Alabama. I agree with you in that he's making it to the finals where he's at right now. Might change but for now he recruits at a high level and is making it to the table in the playoff discussion. Why go to Alabama where that's expected every year?

You started the conference discussion, I simply replied to your post. And, absolutely, I believe South Carolina would beat NCSU again. Ga Tech hasn't looked so hot this year either, so UT would have a pretty good chance based on athletes alone.
GT rolled up 600+ yards on UT, including 535 rushing, and that was when Butch still had the team. It is an absolute statistical anomaly to rush for 500+ and still lose the game, but GT managed to do it. And Butch isn't even coaching them anymore, but you still like their chances? NCSU doubled USC up on yardage, quite literally, and the difference was a Deebo KO return. I get it--it's what we do as fans on message boards. I just have a hard time believe you'd put a nickel on UT or USC if those matchups were to happen again this year. Since you don't have to worry about that possibility, you can tell me you'd bet your house, and I guess I gotta believe you, right?

OK, help me out here.....

vs. Carolina: 3-5
vs. UGa: 1-1
vs. KY: 1-0
vs. Alabama: 1-1
vs. Auburn: 3-1? (not sure of the number of games the 2 have played)
vs. LSU: 1-0

Am I missing anything?
So 10-8, including the 5 best years USC has ever had, and the rest of the SEC Elite (not named Kentucky); and that's when you leave out his win in 2008 against USC. The NCAA counts it, but you don't have to. I think his record in the SEC would probably be pretty decent if you start rolling in the UKs, Vandys, Mizzous, Arkys, UTs, etc.

GT rolled up 600+ yards on UT, including 535 rushing, and that was when Butch still had the team. It is an absolute statistical anomaly to rush for 500+ and still lose the game, but GT managed to do it. And Butch isn't even coaching them anymore, but you still like their chances? NCSU doubled USC up on yardage, quite literally, and the difference was a Deebo KO return. I get it--it's what we do as fans on message boards. I just have a hard time believe you'd put a nickel on UT or USC if those matchups were to happen again this year. Since you don't have to worry about that possibility, you can tell me you'd bet your house, and I guess I gotta believe you, right?

I guess y'all can give back your trophy since everyone in the world still thought Bama was better than clemson last year.

Reactions: NetworkX
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT