ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick

CarolinaCocky83

Sep 9, 2014
Probably in the minority, since they moved him. But I sure miss listening to Dan during my lunch break.
Maybe the solution is Carolina being better across the board in the major sports….but I enjoyed the national perspective and escaping the doldrums of what is Carolina athletics

I still contend that we should try harder and do better in the men's 'Big 3' - especially football, and get back to being better in men's soccer and women's softball.

I still contend that we should try harder and do better in the men's 'Big 3' - especially football, and get back to being better in men's soccer and women's softball.
How long have you been hoping for that? Even at 38, it’s amazing how consistently mediocre we are. I can’t imagine having to talk about that day after day. We had it going pretty good in the early 2010’s providing ample opportunities year round.
Guess when we have been mediocre to terrible over the past several years is is when I just didn’t care/ have the need for so much Gamecock coverage and started to really listen to Dan. Though I have enjoyed his banter for quite a while and the insight/interviews he does.

Reactions: alexj1
How long have you been hoping for that? Even at 38, it’s amazing how consistently mediocre we are. I can’t imagine having to talk about that day after day. We had it going pretty good in the early 2010’s providing ample opportunities year round.
Guess when we have been mediocre to terrible over the past several years is is when I just didn’t care/ have the need for so much Gamecock coverage and started to really listen to Dan. Though I have enjoyed his banter for quite a while and the insight/interviews he does.
He had Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Clayton Kershaw and Al Michael's on TODAY. Just one day in the middle of the week, that's pretty strong, yeah I know super bowl week, but he ask questions like some conversation you would have sitting at at bar on stuff that may be trivial, but gives you great insight on the interviewee. Like if your a qb, hand size matters, because in cold weather you need larger hands for a better grip, I would have never thought about that or that Clayton Kershaw grew up with Matt Stafford and could tell at a young age he was probably going to make it big, who knew. Or what will Al Michael's eat during a broadcast, no not a full meal, but maybe some york peppermint patties, might just me, but I find that stuff interesting!

I've listened to Dan Patrick off and on for years. I am always amazed at how he gets top notch celebrity athletes on for interviews and seems to instantly put them at ease. He is the best in the business in my opinion.

He had Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Clayton Kershaw and Al Michael's on TODAY. Just one day in the middle of the week, that's pretty strong, yeah I know super bowl week, but he ask questions like some conversation you would have sitting at at bar on stuff that may be trivial, but gives you great insight on the interviewee. Like if your a qb, hand size matters, because in cold weather you need larger hands for a better grip, I would have never thought about that or that Clayton Kershaw grew up with Matt Stafford and could tell at a young age he was probably going to make it big, who knew. Or what will Al Michael's eat during a broadcast, no not a full meal, but maybe some york peppermint patties, might just me, but I find that stuff interesting!
That’s a crazy lineup. And I’m sure Al Michaels has tons of stories or off the wall shares. He is always a good listen. And yeah, that’s the first I’ve heard about Stafford and Kershaw, had no clue!

Last edited:
Love listening to Dan Patrick. The only national show that interests me. Even the wife enjoys his show, and she barely keeps up with any sports.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
If you can podcast Coach O on the DP show today, it's a classic interview!

When Kershaw and Stafford were in the 8th and 9th grade and playing on the same school football team, Kershaw was the starting center while Stafford started at QB. Kershaw stopped playing football after 9th grade to focus on baseball. He did not like playing offensive line.

Pretty cool when Dan came out on stage with Hootie and the Blowfish during their concert here the other year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT