ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn on the recruiting trail last night

winloseortie

Feb 21, 2007
columbia
She went to see Talaysia Cooper(East Clarendon HS) play. TC is a 6’0” freshman guard who averaged 28 ppg last year as an eighth grader in leading her team to the state championship. TC is considered a top 10 recruit for 2022.
DS is also recruiting Ashlyn Watkins 6’4” at Cardinal Newman. AW is also considered a top 10 recruit for 2022. And yes she lead Cardinal Newman to a state championship as an eighth grader.

She went to see Talaysia Cooper(East Clarendon HS) play. TC is a 6’0” freshman guard who averaged 28 ppg last year as an eighth grader in leading her team to the state championship. TC is considered a top 10 recruit for 2022.
DS is also recruiting Ashlyn Watkins 6’4” at Cardinal Newman. AW is also considered a top 10 recruit for 2022. And yes she lead Cardinal Newman to a state championship as an eighth grader.
I’ve seen the girl from CN and she’s a good one.

Cardinal Newman has a 6th grader on the volleyball team who's really good. CN is pushing athletics hard now. I'll always have a soft spot for the old campus in Forest Acres, but the facilities at the new campus are much better.

We have some serious talent in state and hopefully Dawn Staley can keep them all home. Would love to to see the same trend some day soon with the men. There's always something extra special with the home grown kids.

With the players we have returning next year plus the recruiting class coming in and also what is in state down the road, we will be and are becoming the next UConnof womens basketball. If only we can just beat them soon, it will signal the full changing of the guard. How long was it before UConn was able to finally beat Tenn to take ove their reign?

With the players we have returning next year plus the recruiting class coming in and also what is in state down the road, we will be and are becoming the next UConnof womens basketball. If only we can just beat them soon, it will signal the full changing of the guard. How long was it before UConn was able to finally beat Tenn to take ove their reign?
The first meeting was January 16, 1995
Connecticut 77, Tennessee 66. Connecticut leads the series, 13–9, but Tennessee won the last 3 before the series ended.

Let's not get carried away now..... :) What UConn has been able to accomplish in recent years is nothing short of impressive. While I'd love to see us reach that level, it'll be tough. WBB is much more competitive now across the board than when UConn began their rise.

Now, that having been said, if anyone can get us there, I believe CDS can do it! We have to do everything within our power to retain her. I hope she retires from USC in about 30yrs. :D

The first meeting was January 16, 1995
Connecticut 77, Tennessee 66. Connecticut leads the series, 13–9, but Tennessee won the last 3 before the series ended.
Tennessee punked out of the rivalry series as soon as it was obvious UCONN was significantly better. The Vols never faced the Maya Moore group nor the Brianna Stewart dynamo. If Pat Summitt had not punked out, Tenn would be down 20+ to 9 in the series. Geno and Pat had a rocky relationship that got heated at times. But that was no excuse to cut and run. Muffet McGraw took her beatings and never punked out.

by the time the USC/UCONN series began the Huskies were all but unbeatable. Dawn saw the series as a measuring stick and her Mt. Everest. It's been good for us even though we have yet to beat them. Our day is coming and much sooner than some think. UCONN has cycled out of their invincible era. I don't to see them getting back anytime soon. WBB is trending towards balance. A lot of teams are recruiting very well.

Last edited:
I just tell the idiots her record speaks for itself!
DxotnQ2U0AAJQle.jpg

Tennessee punked out of the rivalry series as soon as it was obvious UCONN was significantly better. The Vols never faced the Maya Moore group nor the Brianna Stewart dynamo. If Pat Summitt had not punked out, Tenn would be down 20+ to 9 in the series. Geno and Pat had a rocky relationship that got heated at times. But that was no excuse to cut and run. Muffet McGraw took her beatings and never punked out.
Tennessee and Pat felt justified as they believed Geno cheated in the recruitment of Maya Moore. Interesting story involving the SEC, handbags, an apartment and a tour of the ESPN offices.

Tennessee and Pat felt justified as they believed Geno cheated in the recruitment of Maya Moore. Interesting story involving the SEC, handbags, an apartment and a tour of the ESPN offices.
Horsecrap! Geno didn't cheat and the Vols knew it. Summit knew how good Moore was. She understood it meant a bunch of losses to UCONN and punked out.

Reactions: winloseortie

by the time the USC/UCONN series began the Huskies were all but unbeatable. Dawn saw the series as a measuring stick and her Mt. Everest. It's been good for us even though we have yet to beat them. Our day is coming and much sooner than some think. UCONN has cycled out of their invincible era. I don't to see them getting back anytime soon. WBB is trending towards balance. A lot of teams are recruiting very well.
Actually ND and Muffet are the only team that has given it back to UConn, 8 ND victories in the last 11 years

Horsecrap! Geno didn't cheat and the Vols knew it. Summit knew how good Moore was. She understood it meant a bunch of losses to UCONN and punked out.
I said Tenn and Pat believed it. Never said I did but how are you so sure? Still an interesting story.

Last edited:
Actually ND and Muffet are the only team that has given it back to UConn, 8 ND victories in the last 11 years

One year Notre Dame beat UCONN 3 times and went undefeated...only to lose to the Huskies in the championship game. Ouch.

Last year was sweet for ND, I know,

Reactions: lawcalcock
I know that UT went to 7 final 4's before Pat won her 1st national title.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT