ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley a ‘top head coaching candidate’ for NBA opening, report says

You can say the same thing about Lincoln Riley a few years back when Tanner tried to hire him... Someone told Tanner that Lincoln Riley really didn't have the qualifications.
Not that I want to re-litigate this. But Riley had earned a reputation as a proven OC under Ruffin McNeil at ECU after proving himself as a WR coach under Mike Leach.

Not that I want to re-litigate this. But Riley had earned a reputation as a proven OC under Ruffin McNeil at ECU after proving himself as a WR coach under Mike Leach.

Let's re-litigate this... You can be the best OC and DC and be a crappy head coach... ie Brad Scott Mike Bobo and Will Muschamp... Or you can be an assistant coach that steps it up and becomes a great salesman ie Dabo Swinney and down the road Shane Beamer...

I'll send your sentiment to the people in Norway.
The issue I draw from your proposal is the contradictory nature of it. Virtue signaling is inherently disingenuous. Therefore, the "serious or not clause" is quite consequential in the appraisal of my worthiness of the award.

The issue I draw from your proposal is the contradictory nature of it. Virtue signaling is inherently disingenuous. Therefore, the "serious or not clause" is quite consequential in the appraisal of my worthiness of the award.
From one totally disingenuous(in our repartee) poster to another🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I sense that is correct, but it is also difficult to prove. It must be explored case by case. It's a matter of having the time and the will to do it. Virtue signalers depend on that.

Anybody that believes she was ever a "top candidate" is a fool. Nothing but PR.

Staley needs to stay. I want to see her reaction when the lady boys take over women's college basketball.

The NBA has really backed themselves into a corner with that Becky lady. They’ve used her as a token female for so long that people legitimately can argue she deserves a HC job.

How is the NBA going to convince someone to hire her? Maybe Lebron could take her with one of his super teams and actually win?

I say go for it! Make history!

Dawn Staley a ‘top head coaching candidate’ for NBA opening, report says

South Carolina women’s basketball coach Dawn Staley is being targeted to possibly fill an NBA coaching vacancy, according to one prominent league insider.

The Athletic’s Shams Charania, citing league sources, tweeted a list of the “top head coaching candidates” for the open Portland Trail Blazers job, with Staley among the group. Others include San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon, Los Anggeles Clippers assistant coach Chauncey Billups, Brooklyn Nets assistant coach Mike D’Antoni and Spurs vice president of basketball operations Brent Barry.

Portland fired coach Terry Stotts last week.

This isn’t the first time Staley’s name has been mentioned with a possible NBA job. Her name was mentioned over the fall with her hometown Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers ended up hiring Doc Rivers.

Staley also was mentioned in opening for North Carolina men’s basketball job. The Tar Heels ended up promoting assistant Hubert Davis to replace Roy Williams.

Staley was asked about possibly coaching men’s college basketball or in the NBA when she met with reporters on April 13.

“No ounce of me really wants to coach outside of college,” Staley told reporters via videoconference. “I don’t know why my level of interest has never been to coach in the WNBA, NBA or coach on the men’s (college) side. I don’t know why my competitiveness won’t allow me to go there. Maybe because I think there’s too much work to be done in our game. There’s a lot of work that needs to be done in women’s basketball.”

Staley has built South Carolina women’s program into a women’s powerhouse, winning the national championship in 2017 and leading the Gamecocks to two other Final Four appearances, including this past season. USC has won five regular season Southeastern Conference championships and six tournament championships.

Staley, Naismith Hall of Fame inductee, is also the coach for USA women’s national team. The USA team is playing in a FIBA AmeriCup qualifying tournament and played Dominican Republic on Saturday.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...sketball/article252081208.html?#storylink=cpy
Fingers crossed. We can then really hit bottom.

The NBA has really backed themselves into a corner with that Becky lady. They’ve used her as a token female for so long that people legitimately can argue she deserves a HC job.

How is the NBA going to convince someone to hire her? Maybe Lebron could take her with one of his super teams and actually win?

Yeah, eventually the NBA is going to have to put up or shut up about hiring a female coach. But the folks in charge today are probably thinking that will be the next guy's problem to deal with. They are willing to do and say anything today in order for themselves to benefit. Screw the ramifications down the road. Won't be their problem.

Same thing you see with corporate America. A bunch of privileged C level executives that push bastardized "equity" and "inclusion" lies, yet if you look at everyone at their level, they clearly don't live and work by the same rules. Just want to be woke and get paid and leave everyone else to deal with policies that sound good by the dictionary definition of their name, but are anything but what they claim they are.

Why do some people view it as a problem for a woman to coach men in the NBA, but it is not a problem for men to coach women in the WNBA or WCBB? Is it because women not know the rules or not understand basic basketball strategy?

Why do some people view it as a problem for a woman to coach men in the NBA, but it is not a problem for men to coach women in the WNBA or WCBB? Is it because women not know the rules or not understand basic basketball strategy?
Quite the strawman. To coach in the NBA it requires a very complex basketball strategy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT