ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley a ‘top head coaching candidate’ for NBA opening, report says

I tend believe that being named the head coach of Team USA was Dawn's lifelong goal. The Olympics are a big part of her legacy. So it doesn't make sense to me that she would leave the women's game.

No other school in America would allow this, we obviously don't care about WBB program if we are letting her explore other options, because if she leaves this program will go down the crapper instantly.
What happened to the we-only-want-people-who-want-to-be-here crowd? I hope Coach Staley chooses to stay at SC, but the cost of maintaining a best-in-class WBB program just went up, again.

Reactions: winloseortie
It could also be good PR for Coach Staley and SC. It gives Staley and SC more national exposure and benefits both if she listens but chooses to remain at SC and restates her commitment to WBB.
Dawn is having a blast at Americup and all the Gamecocks are hitting the social media hard and proud.
Henny and Boston on the USA team. Kardoso for Brazil and Amihere for Canada

I see this as another bad RT hire. But then again I hope you are right.

Tanner really didn't hire him, It was the former Carolina players who know Beamer's body of work first hand and Tanner was forced to do the right thing.

I still say Tanner was close in hiring Mike Bobo as our new head coach...

Exactly. I basically just repeated the same nonsense I hear from Lebron and others on a daily basis. They only recognize how ridiculous it is when you replace the white man in their argument with a black man or a woman. I have no problem with Lebron's pay just like I have no problem with the wealth any other person accumulates.
Your argument is flawed in that I believe the Democrats' issue is with the wealthy paying their fair share in taxes and that includes Black man Lebron. I don't think LeBron's skin color excludes him from the issue of paying his fair share in taxes. In fact, athletes get screwed in this way as every state an athlete plays a game in has their hands in his/her pockets with regards to taxes.

No other school in America would allow this, we obviously don't care about WBB program if we are letting her explore other options, because if she leaves this program will go down the crapper instantly.

This ain’t communist North Korea………she can talk to whoever she wants last I checked. Them asking permission is simply a professional courtesy. That’s where it ends. So if South Carolina would’ve said no, and I’m Staley, I would then interview even if I didn’t want the job to prove a point. Keeping someone against their will has never ended positively

I love Dawn, and if there is one female out there who could succeed at coaching in the NBA, it's her.

Having said that, I will be absolutely stunned if she gets the offer.

If the NBA was really "woke" as they claim they are, they would already have a female coach. But, as usual, it's do as I say, not as I do. We've already seen where their wokeness ends with China.

You may not like LeBron, but name the time he has disrespected a coach? I’ll patiently wait on the specific examples. I’ll tell you what he has done. He has bet on himself by taking one year with a player option contracts several times to always put the pressure on a franchise that he may leave. That gave him the leverage to get what he wants and earn over 425 million dollars in player contracts. I don’t see it as disrespect for a player to recognize his worth and squeeze every ounce out of it.
Lebron is a jerk and the main reason I wont watch the NBA . Most arrogant person I have ever seen. I do enjoy watching Curry sometime,fantastic shooter

How do schools which do not sponsor football (or sponsor it below the D-1 level) pay for their varsity sports programs?
I would guess, it's men's basketball, men's baseball. Some Northern schools appreciate their hockey and lacrosse. Although soccer may be more popular, seems like there is not a big swel of money in them.

Your argument is flawed in that I believe the Democrats' issue is with the wealthy paying their fair share in taxes and that includes Black man Lebron. I don't think LeBron's skin color excludes him from the issue of paying his fair share in taxes. In fact, athletes get screwed in this way as every state an athlete plays a game in has their hands in his/her pockets with regards to taxes.

Democrats complain plenty about how white men make too much money. You're right, they only use the term "fair share" when they're talking about taxes. But they complain about both.

Athletes don't get screwed on their games either. They don't pay taxes in two states for one game. They pay taxes in the state where the game is played, but this isn't in addition to taxes in their home state.

Reactions: king ward
If Dawn left tomorrow….. Our elite athletic director, RAY TANNeR, would make a SLAM DUNK hire to keep us a National POWER HOUSE in women’s basketball!!!!!!! my question is why hasn’t the activistism nba already hired a female coach??? Plus, Dawn and her players don’t participate in the National Anthem and the NBA is about that

IDGAF!

Last edited:
If Dawn left tomorrow….. Our elite athletic director, RAY TANNeR, would make a SLAM DUNK hire to keep us a National POWER HOUSE in women’s basketball!!!!!!! my question is why hasn’t the activistism nba already hired a female coach??? Plus, Dawn and her players don’t participate in the National Anthem and the NBA is about that

IDGAF!
Some of you may be dissapointed; Dawn is not going to the NBA, at least not this year. Portland went in another direction.
Those of you that "IDGAF" about Women's sports, or dislike Dawn for political reasons will have to put up with more SEC championships and final four appearances, and most likely more National Championships.

Tanner really didn't hire him, It was the former Carolina players who know Beamer's body of work first hand and Tanner was forced to do the right thing.

I still say Tanner was close in hiring Mike Bobo as our new head coach...

There's been no indication Bobo was ever seriously considered by the administration for the job. However, there were quite a number of fans on this forum who were vocal that he would be a good option as HC.

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
Dawn is having a blast at Americup and all the Gamecocks are hitting the social media hard and proud.
Henny and Boston on the USA team. Kardoso for Brazil and Amihere for Canada

I think the next move for Coach Staley, is to become the Men's basketball coach at South Carolina... That would really open doors for all women whoever wanted to coach on the men's level, college or Pro...

Tanner should make it happen after this year... There is no way Martin will have a good year, this year to keep his job...

It sounds like she wants to stay in the college ranks and become the Bear Bryant of college women’s basketball. Chances are that as long as USC continues treating her like a Queen she isn’t going anywhere.

Last edited:
Really?? Didn’t realize you were such a staunch feminist that you would be willing to lose maybe the best coach ever at USC in the name of feminist empowerment.

If she's the best candidate, then she will do well on her own merits regardless of gender.

If she's the best candidate, then she will do well on her own merits regardless of gender.
Still your support of an African American woman busting glass ceilings in a male dominated business is admirable. And that you are willing to sacrifice our most successful program for a larger societal goal is..... so progressive of you

Reactions: Forever Fowl
Still your support of an African American woman busting glass ceilings in a male dominated business is admirable. And that you are willing to sacrifice our most successful program for a larger societal goal is..... so progressive of you

My societal goals have nothing to do with race or gender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT