ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive line

bushmastercock

Nov 30, 2015
Where’s the big time defensive line we thought we’d have by now under Muschamp? After 2 games, I’d give em a C minus. They played well against the run today but it was CSU. Are they just not that talented or is coach Scott another deke Adams? Kinlaw, Wonnum, Enagbare, and co better wake up cause bama is up next and they are going to run all over us if we don’t

Again, it was CSU. Last week I’d have said a D for the way Unc ran on us and allowed a true freshman qb to get comfortable in the pocket against an acc o-line
I know who it was. If we had shut them out would it had made a difference? In a 60 game any defense will give up some plays to any team. In the end we will see UNC ain't that bad anyway. I'm looking ahead and want to play well against Bama. Winning is a long shot but looking respectable could set the tone for the rest of the season.

Reactions: rogue cock
We did have 8 tfl today but only 1 sack in 46 pass attempts. Maybe we took a step forward with the run defense today but we’ve gotta get a better pass rush next week and beyond

Our starters gave up 85 yards in the first half, essentially all of them on 2 plays. On the day, they had 24 rushes for 72 yards; take away the 1 long run, and that's 23 carries for 28 yards. As for it being CSU, you play the schedule they give you.

Looking at their schedule UNC very well may end up 8-4 or 9-3. Not saying that to make us feel better as we had opportunities to bury them and laid an egg.

That said, we have to get better week in and week out. I am encouraged by Ryan's performance today but next week is a big test.

Where’s the big time defensive line we thought we’d have by now under Muschamp? After 2 games, I’d give em a C minus. They played well against the run today but it was CSU. Are they just not that talented or is coach Scott another deke Adams? Kinlaw, Wonnum, Enagbare, and co better wake up cause bama is up next and they are going to run all over us if we don’t
Brah, can you wait til tomorrow night to continue the worry? We just beat a team by 62 points and ran for almost 500. I'm no sunshine pumper (check my history), but shouldn't we just enjoy the best offensive production ever and best running since 1930-something?

Brah, can you wait til tomorrow night to continue the worry? We just beat a team by 62 points and ran for almost 500. I'm no sunshine pumper (check my history), but shouldn't we just enjoy the best offensive production ever and best running since 1930-something?
Aight I’m gonna bump it tomorrow though

There's people who watch the game and then there's people who WATCH the game. I saw exactly what you saw. We are not the only ones who saw it. I was expecting a lot more push against that Oline especially when you consider Kinlaw was taking double teams. I'm really beginning to wonder about our defensive philosophies because its either that or our S&C. I think we know by 3:45 next Saturday.

We don't have a elite pass rusher.

We don't have elite assistant coaches that can teach tackling techniques...

I think our offense with Ryan and Joyner can actually put some points on the board... I mean constantly put 35-45 points on the board every weekend, but it's our defense that will let us down...

Spurrier was able to keep Ward at bay, until we lost our best QB and 2nd best QB to graduation...

This could be a team like 2011 team if we put points on the board... That's when Shaw took over as the starter...

I'm still worried about the D too...even a good D will be pushed to the limit against a team like Bama. We'll certainly know pretty quick if we have any chance of hanging with them.
On the flip side, Bama gave up 10 points and 262 yards to New Mexico State. I just dont think using games like these for any type of statistical analysis is worth anything

Looking at their schedule UNC very well may end up 8-4 or 9-3. Not saying that to make us feel better as we had opportunities to bury them and laid an egg.

That said, we have to get better week in and week out. I am encouraged by Ryan's performance today but next week is a big test.
South Carolina lost to the Tar holes in FOOTBALL, sorry, i will never get over that DEBACLE!!

Our weakness has always been offensive line and defensive line. Both looked bad against UNC and good against CSU, but lets see how it goes in our SEC schedule.

South Carolina lost to the Tar holes in FOOTBALL, sorry, i will never get over that DEBACLE!!

I was over with Muschamp after the choke Cocks lost to Florida after blowing that huge lead going into the 4th quarter...

And the Losses to Clemson and Virginia sealed the deal for me...

I was a huge supporter of Muschamp when he as hired, but last year did it for me....

No wins against KY, UGA, TAM and Clemson... All the losses to Clemson under Muschamp were blow outs....

If we're keeping fat boy, yes he's getting tubby living off of that 18 million dollar contract; then let's change out coordinators on both sides of the ball...

Make Muschamp the next Dabo.... Hire real coordinators and make it look like Muschamp is calling the plays on the sideline... Give him a dummy head-sets... Go out and recruit... After all, he is a used car salesman... He con is way to Tanner's heart....

There's people who watch the game and then there's people who WATCH the game. I saw exactly what you saw. We are not the only ones who saw it. I was expecting a lot more push against that Oline especially when you consider Kinlaw was taking double teams. I'm really beginning to wonder about our defensive philosophies because its either that or our S&C. I think we know by 3:45 next Saturday.

Bump

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT