ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievably Bad

JGH 35

Oct 22, 2013
I think one thing we found out last night is that this is probably the worst team overall offensively and defensively we have had since Brad Scott. Both sides of the ball were totally physically whipped by a decent but not great team. We found out that the bright spot for our Line was pass blocking (s/c). They only gave up 9 sacks, but we had over 300 yds passing. The run blocking though was good enough to only have minus 2 yds rushing. I guess it could have been worse, and we may find out in 2 weeks. But, it was PITIFUL to say the least. We only have one good SEC receiver - Xavier Leggette. I still think Rattler is a good QB. This was not on him. Those are the only good SEC quality players on the team presently.

The defensive line was equally as bad. Our DTs had 1 tackle each. The team had NO sacks all game and very few pressures. The run defense was horrible. As in the past we still have no idea how to set the edge or fill gaps. Are we even coaching that? The DBs looked lost and simply could not cover the second string receivers playing for UNC. I wonder if they have been coached at all preseason. It didn't look like it. It wasn't that Drake Maye was a Heisman QB, it was we were just that bad. When he gets hit and throws the ball straight up in the air like a punt, we should have easily intercepted the ball or at a minimum knock it down. Instead, we give up a TD. That was unbelievable and inexcusable. The talent deficiency question I think has been answered for now. These are not SEC caliber players.

We will really find out just how bad this team is in 2 weeks against UGA.

I think one thing we found out last night is that this is probably the worst team overall offensively and defensively we have had since Brad Scott. Both sides of the ball were totally physically whipped by a decent but not great team. We found out that the bright spot for our Line was pass blocking (s/c). They only gave up 9 sacks, but we had over 300 yds passing. The run blocking though was good enough to only have minus 2 yds rushing. I guess it could have been worse, and we may find out in 2 weeks. But, it was PITIFUL to say the least. We only have one good SEC receiver - Xavier Leggette. I still think Rattler is a good QB. This was not on him. Those are the only good SEC quality players on the team presently.

The defensive line was equally as bad. Our DTs had 1 tackle each. The team had NO sacks all game and very few pressures. The run defense was horrible. As in the past we still have no idea how to set the edge or fill gaps. Are we even coaching that? The DBs looked lost and simply could not cover the second string receivers playing for UNC. I wonder if they have been coached at all preseason. It didn't look like it. It wasn't that Drake Maye was a Heisman QB, it was we were just that bad. When he gets hit and throws the ball straight up in the air like a punt, we should have easily intercepted the ball or at a minimum knock it down. Instead, we give up a TD. That was unbelievable and inexcusable. The talent deficiency question I think has been answered for now. These are not SEC caliber players.

Some of the poorest line blocking I have ever seen.

Reactions: Elgringo
Couldn’t agree more. All summer we got to see constant rah rah videos, skits, pranks. Wow, I thought, the culture is really changing, we are the “cool” program, things are looking up. All a waste of time and embarrassing, made a mockery of a loyal and trusting fan base.

He's not been proven wrong.
Yep the season has shown us that UNC whipping out butts up front wasnt a fluke.

We could win a track meet vs anyone on our schedule, but a football game, we’ll beat 4 maybe 5 of em

We will really find out just how bad this team is in 2 weeks.

What a wild ride it is to be a fan of the Gamecocks.
From top-notch content creation to broken bones, Coach sure knows how to keep us entertained.

Beamer shared news of his broken foot, wanting to avoid speculation and get ahead of any narratives questioning his composure. He reached out to coach Ray Tanner before making the announcement, Tanner responded with laughter.

Beamer insists that his frustration stemmed from caring deeply about the players and acknowledging his own shortcomings in helping them secure a win.

My two favorite teams- Kentucky and South Carolina have coaches that need to elevate their game.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT