ADVERTISEMENT

Deleted

Definitely not a big splash name.

images

Satterfield couldn't even keep a HC job. Read his Bio
We had good Coaches in Bobo and Friend and we let them slip away from us.
WHY????????? Do we do dumb crap like this.
Couldn't keep a HC job? Like Sarkisian, Bobo, Kiffin? Alabama in particular seems to do ok hiring former head coaches. Tons of guys that fit that category. And I did read his resume. Been an OC 9yrs in his 21 year coaching career. The fact that Beamer only took two days to get him after Bobo tells me he was someone he wanted.

Last edited:
Not a bad resume. He has produced everywhere he’s been.

Reactions: NetworkX
Satterfield failed at Tenn. Tech going 6-16! What is your point ? These are panic hires because Beamer can’t do any better ! Facts are facts ! Might as well hire Kimreys defensive coordinator from Hammond and call it a day ! Damn how stupid does the USC AD think the fans really are ? Only a truly clueless homer can paint a rosy picture from this mess !

Satterfield is the Muschamp of OC candidates. He's the guy left after you are passed over for all the guys you really wanted.

I am for firing Beamer now and going after Herman or Malzahn. I mean if the evidence isn't there that this hire already failed, I don't know what it would take. I guess Beamer's list of super assistants was complete BS. Tanner must be fired yesterday.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Satterfield failed at Tenn. Tech going 6-16! What is your point ? These are panic hires because Beamer can’t do any better ! Facts are facts ! Might as well hire Kimreys defensive coordinator from Hammond and call it a day ! Damn how stupid does the USC AD think the fans really are ? Only a truly clueless homer can paint a rosy picture from this mess !

Spoken like a true house tater . Welcome aboard - you’ll fit right in with the rest of them. I do give you extra credit for not using US and We . Btw. Fields just threw for another TD.

Our fans are beyond stupid. I mean look at them trying to justify this. Its like political groupthink by Democrats and Republicans. Dude literally had to resign from Tenn Tech for doing shady stuff but yet our fans said we couldn't hire Freeze or Chadwell because of baggage. Now we do exactly that and they are happy. It blows my mind at the extent our fans will go to defend anything Beamer or Tanner does. It was the same with Muschamp. No sign of intelligent life anywhere.

No, actually they aren't facts. They are hires; that much is fact. Them being *panic* hires is your subjective, negative opinion. Not fact. And I'm not saying it's a rosy picture, but I'm willing to let these coaches ACTUALLY COACH THE FIRST PRACTICE before pitching a crying, stomping hissy fit over it.

Couldn't keep a HC job? Like Sarkisian, Bobo, Kiffin? Alabama in particular seems to do ok hiring former head coaches. Tons of guys that fit that category. And I did read his resume. Been an OC 9yrs in his 21 year coaching career. The fact that Beamer only took two days to get him after Bobo tells me he was someone he wanted.
Yep. According to some of the football geniuses on here, we are ONLY supposed to hire coaches who have NEVER been fired at another school or from another coaching job. Shouldn’t be too hard. The names would probably fit on a Post It note.

I feel like I am in the movie "Coming to America" and I am waiting for Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall to walk by.

We didn't get Scott Satterfield, but we did get Marcus Satterfield. (It is not McDonalds, it McDowells.) He is not coming from the Tennessee Volunteers, he is coming from the Middle Tennessee Raiders. (it's not the Big Mac, it's the Big Mick.)

So, should we expect an announcement in the coming days that Luke Pruitt will be the new DC for the Gamecocks?

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
Our fans are beyond stupid. I mean look at them trying to justify this. Its like political groupthink by Democrats and Republicans. Dude literally had to resign from Tenn Tech for doing shady stuff but yet our fans said we couldn't hire Freeze or Chadwell because of baggage. Now we do exactly that and they are happy. It blows my mind at the extent our fans will go to defend anything Beamer or Tanner does. It was the same with Muschamp. No sign of intelligent life anywhere.
No one knows for sure the details around Satterfield’s dismissal but the NCAA wasn’t involved and there were no sanctions involved.

It certainly seems like similar complaints were levied towards Bobo at CSU and no one seemed to concerned about that.

In the end we have what we have and I’m perfectly fine with a break from the Muschamp era completely. Who knows what Satterfield can do but at least he’s not a holdover to the stink and atmosphere of the last two seasons.

Reactions: WingchunCock
I feel like I am in the movie "Coming to America" and I am waiting for Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall to walk by.

We didn't get Scott Satterfield, but we did get Marcus Satterfield. (It is not McDonalds, it McDowells.) He is not coming from the Tennessee Volunteers, he is coming from the Middle Tennessee Raiders. (it's not the Big Mac, it's the Big Mick.)

So, should we expect an announcement in the coming days that Luke Pruitt will be the new DC for the Gamecocks?

You still ain’t met no damn Frank Sinatra or Martin Luther the King

Reactions: upsouthvolleyball
The next time there is an AD opening, some of you better submit your resume. The ability of many SC fans to identify, evaluate, and recommend new hires is impressive. Some of you missed your calling. You should quit your day jobs and open an athletic coach search firm.
This is always the worst argument. You don’t have to be a chef to know someone can’t cook.

His offenses averaged 25 points a game wow

No one knows for sure the details around Satterfield’s dismissal but the NCAA wasn’t involved and there were no sanctions involved.

It certainly seems like similar complaints were levied towards Bobo at CSU and no one seemed to concerned about that.

In the end we have what we have and I’m perfectly fine with a break from the Muschamp era completely. Who knows what Satterfield can do but at least he’s not a holdover to the stink and atmosphere of the last two seasons.
Well we do know what he can do. He has a history .. his teams averaged 25 points a game. Terrible. That’s why he wasn’t Baylor’s oc... just another buddy hire

I hope all these College GMs in waiting take a look at JC Shurbett's post about the ensuing negativity towards Beamer's every move. It Seems that Gunner Stockton is still onboard with the program because of the connection to Connor Shaw, but that he is getting more and more increasingly discouraged by the negative energy of the fans towards the program and coach he is committed to.

I hope all these College GMs in waiting take a look at JC Shurbett's post about the ensuing negativity towards Beamer's every move. It Seems that Gunner Stockton is still onboard with the program because of the connection to Connor Shaw, but that he is getting more and more increasingly discouraged by the negative energy of the fans towards the program and coach he is committed to.

I think Auburn is now a major player for Stockton. And i forsee posters being blamed when Auburn outbids the gamecocks.

Satterfield is the Muschamp of OC candidates. He's the guy left after you are passed over for all the guys you really wanted.

I am for firing Beamer now and going after Herman or Malzahn. I mean if the evidence isn't there that this hire already failed, I don't know what it would take. I guess Beamer's list of super assistants was complete BS. Tanner must be fired yesterday.
Yeah that’s real smart.

Beamer(we don’t know his capabilities) vs malzahn (couldn’t get it done at auburn)

Yeah go with Malzahn. Lmao.

Yeah that’s real smart.

Beamer(we don’t know his capabilities) vs malzahn (couldn’t get it done at auburn)

Yeah go with Malzahn. Lmao.
Couldn't get it done at Auburn? Check your math. He made a National Championship game, won the SEC and has the best record of any current coach against Saban. Just because Auburn wasn't happy doesn't make him a bad coach.

Holy crap, Vince was a asst college coach when hired as asst for ny giants......u folks have no clue, get over it, u have to start somewhere!

tumblr_nchrugbPPF1tif7w2o1_250.gif

Mr. Friend? Seems he might be asked a few things by the NCAA. Bobo got picked up for $2M/yr....wasn't worth it to us. Try again.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Not a bad resume. He has produced everywhere he’s been.
Not true. He has a short tenure everywhere he has been. Why do think that is? This happens to people who suck at their job. They are replaced by others.

Since our AD and to much of our fanbase have low Expectations and don't care about our football program why should

the rest of us. Let's all just develop apathy.

I never thought we would return to King Dixon Sparky Woods days.

But Tanner and MusChamp have us there again and maybe the lowest of all time.

Bobo got fired from CSU. If he was still a HC I don't think he would have stepped down on his own to take our OC position.
One thing Bobo and friend will do is help Auburn Recruit Well. That is what we need more than anything right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT