ADVERTISEMENT

Did anybody watch Miss State?

Aug 16, 2016
Just curious as to what we can expect Saturday? Sounds like they have a duel threat QB, and some good skill guys, but other than that I have no idea what they bring to the table.

Are they stronger on D or O? Aren't they getting back some 5 * freshman?

Just worried we are walking into a trap game, and that they were over looking South Alabama. Any info would help out greatly!

Go Cocks.

Seems they found a QB in #11. Don't remember his name, but he looked like a decent dual threat to me.

Last edited:
I saw the end of the game. They are another SEC team hunting a quarterback. They lost by being unprepared at quarterback. Some got away with it; some didn't.

Seems the found a QB in #11. Don't remember his name, but he looked like a decent dual threat to me.

He was a magnificent 20-28........... For 93 yards!!! Don't think he threw 3 passes past 5 yards downfield. Could be another 13-10 game and their K missed two very make able FGS. I'll take the points and think we have a great opportunity to win

He was a magnificent 20-28........... For 93 yards!!! Don't think he threw 3 passes past 5 yards downfield. Could be another 13-10 game and their K missed two very make able FGS. I'll take the points and think we have a great opportunity to win
I think he ran for 93 and threw for 143.

It was a strange game. When #11 came in like the third series they were on fire moving the ball. Looked unstoppable. I thought it was going to be a beatdown. But their D was giving up chunk plays in the first half. Then USA started putting together drives and Mst kept going 3 and out. Next thing you know they went ahead. BUT then Mst woke up drove 80+ yards in less than a minute just like the first half and set up a short FG attempt.. Doink game over. They really should have won. Their D line and backend looked very vulnerable at least last week. I still think we will need 25+ points to win.

No offense but we shouldn't feel like ANY game is a "trap" game....Although, I get your point, I had no idea 2 weeks ago we would have ANY kind of chance to be 2-0 in the SEC....There was just too many unknowns and way to many memories of 3-9..
However, we survived Nashville and now play a team that lost at HOME to South Alabama....Not that we have ANY chance of a National Title, however one headline I read on ESPN was "MISS ST and 27 other teams eliminated from playoffs".....I mean that has to sting if you're a MSU player....Again, I don't think THEY had any realistic dreams of a playoff birth but to work so hard all spring and into fall camp and lay a big egg vs. USA has gotta suck. Love, love, love to come outta here with a W and head back to face ECU at home.....Can't imagine our crowd!!!!

Reactions: king ward
Just have to make sure our D plays good assignment football and flocks to the ball. Inthinknour offense will put up 27 this game. If we win the turnover margin we win. We won't lose the turnover still win like we did vs Vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT