ADVERTISEMENT

Directv Customers and WatchEspn...

Silverspur02

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Jan 26, 2006
Lexington, S.C.
Haven't seen this posted and just found it. If you are a Directv customer, you can watch espn3 shows on your regular tv. Tunein to channels 206, 208, or 209, select the red button on your remote and it will bring up the espn3 games. Make your selection and voila!! No more having to watch on computer while at home. Either this is new or I really do have my head stuck in the sand as one poster told me yesterday.....

OMG dude! Thanks for the heads up. Just tried it and it works! Tuner is about two years old but worked anyway. Yesterday was the last time I'll have to hook up a HDMI cable. Awesome!

Reactions: Silverspur02
Can get it to work on my Genie DVR in the living room, but can't get it to work on my mini's yet. Red button just shows score guides. Is that even possible? Any trick to making that happen?

Can get it to work on my Genie DVR in the living room, but can't get it to work on my mini's yet. Red button just shows score guides. Is that even possible? Any trick to making that happen?

Sorry, can't help you there. I only have the one Genie and have HD DVr's in other rooms. Didn't want mini's at the time because I wanted to be able to use dvr at tailgate and at beach house.

I called Direct Tv because i couldn't get it to come up when hitting the red button. DTV support said that it will not access while on a commercial which made no sense so i played along and as soon as the schedule program came back on it worked.

How do you search for other games if it is not on the board as a live event or featured event?

There are not a lot of games on Watchespn today. It's easier to see what is on by looking at my computer
to see the complete list. If the games are not in the the listings where you have to scroll to the right to see all available on the tv, it's probably not going to be carried, just like the computer version.

Reactions: Stickman413
Haven't seen this posted and just found it. If you are a Directv customer, you can watch espn3 shows on your regular tv. Tunein to channels 206, 208, or 209, select the red button on your remote and it will bring up the espn3 games. Make your selection and voila!! No more having to watch on computer while at home. Either this is new or I really do have my head stuck in the sand as one poster told me yesterday.....
Your head was in the sand to the extent that you could have purchased a streaming box such as Roku, Google Chromecast, etc. To redirect streaming to your TV for the past several years.

However you get the events to your TV is all that matters.

Your head was in the sand to the extent that you could have purchased a streaming box such as Roku, Google Chromecast, etc. To redirect streaming to your TV for the past several years.

However you get the events to your TV is all that matters.

I have a directtv account that is like $98 a month. I can take my DVR Hi def box to tailgate, and I have one of my DVR boxes I keep at the beach house thus cutting my bill in half because I don't have to pay for that house. Two houses, one price, not to bad.
I also have a Fire Stick with Kodi that I purchased a few months back.

I have looked at the sights where you put in your zipcode and it tells you what type of antennae to get OTA. I live too far away from the towers for it to help me, both here in Lexington and in Cherry Grove.

I have a directtv account that is like $98 a month. I can take my DVR Hi def box to tailgate, and I have one of my DVR boxes I keep at the beach house thus cutting my bill in half because I don't have to pay for that house. Two houses, one price, not to bad.
I also have a Fire Stick with Kodi that I purchased a few months back.

I have looked at the sights where you put in your zipcode and it tells you what type of antennae to get OTA. I live too far away from the towers for it to help me, both here in Lexington and in Cherry Grove.
I hope you searched at tvfool.com.

I hope you searched at tvfool.com.

Yeah, I tried that a couple of months back. I think you were the one that posted it in one of the threads about cord cutting. Just tried it again and I am in the grey area both in Lexington and in Cherry Grove.
It reads:

Grey

These channels are very weak and will most likely require extreme measures to try and pick them up.

But thanks for trying to help me.

Yeah, I tried that a couple of months back. I think you were the one that posted it in one of the threads about cord cutting. Just tried it again and I am in the grey area both in Lexington and in Cherry Grove.
It reads:

Grey

These channels are very weak and will most likely require extreme measures to try and pick them up.

Doesn't matter. You'll have all these cord-cutters brag about how they cut the cord and save a billion dollars a month and how you're an idiot for still having satellite/cable.

1. Anyone who says they are streaming sports via Kodi is either a liar or is lying to themselves about how the stream "isn't that bad," while searching for another link.

2. Buy your own equipment. It will pay for itself quickly. Time has value and I don't want to spend it watching commercials. I bought a TiVo that allows me to record everything while telling Comcrap to eat their monthly, $40 worth of crappy equipment.

It reads:

Grey

That was me who posted it. Surprising that Lexington would be grey for Cola stations.
Most of the Cola towers are off I-20 at the Richland-Kershaw County line. That can't be more than 45 miles away. I can see where you may need an outdoor antenna, but I find very weak surprising.

What about Augusta stations? Most of their TV towers are in the Beech Island, SC area.

I can see where Florence is too far away from Cherry Grove (the WBTW and I think WPDE towers are near the NC border west of Dillon), but what about the Myrtle Beach and Wilmington Stations?

That was me who posted it. Surprising that Lexington would be grey for Cola stations.
Most of the Cola towers are off I-20 at the Richland-Kershaw County line. That can't be more than 45 miles away. I can see where you may need an outdoor antenna, but I find very weak surprising.

What about Augusta stations? Most of their TV towers are in the Beech Island, SC area.

I can see where Florence is too far away from Cherry Grove (the WBTW and I think WPDE towers are near the NC border west of Dillon), but what about the Myrtle Beach and Wilmington Stations?

You'll also note that I'm not calling anybody an idiot who subscribes to cable/satellite.

If one wants to access non-ota, non-dvd programming without a cable/satellite subscription, you'll still need internet access. Depending on where you live, Comcast may be your best bet for internet. That's what we have in Atlanta, and Hargray is what we have in Beaufort.

Myrtle beach towers are are on the south end. If I was in Surfside or Garden City, I could use almost anything and have good reception. Wilmington is still 55 miles from Cherry Grove but obviously their towers are on the north end of the city.
My neighbor across the street took down their Directv antennae last year and were going to try OTA. Put a nice motorized antenna on top of the house. Two weeks later she had Time-Warner installed. Which was good for me because she also installed wifi and gave me the password. Only problem with that is, only my oldest HP computer will pick up the signal. new 17 in. laptop will not.

Myrtle beach towers are are on the south end. If I was in Surfside or Garden City, I could use almost anything and have good reception. Wilmington is still 55 miles from Cherry Grove but obviously their towers are on the north end of the city.
My neighbor across the street took down their Directv antennae last year and were going to try OTA. Put a nice motorized antenna on top of the house. Two weeks later she had Time-Warner installed. Which was good for me because she also installed wifi and gave me the password. Only problem with that is, only my oldest HP computer will pick up the signal. new 17 in. laptop will not.

Buy a cheap USB wireless and try that, better yet, borrow one first. I'll be in CG this weekend. If you're going to be there, PM me and I'll bring you one to try.

OMG dude! Thanks for the heads up. Just tried it and it works! Tuner is about two years old but worked anyway. Yesterday was the last time I'll have to hook up a HDMI cable. Awesome!
aint it nice to have some good news in your life.....good news is always well, good

Buy a cheap USB wireless and try that, better yet, borrow one first. I'll be in CG this weekend. If you're going to be there, PM me and I'll bring you one to try.

Didn't think of that!!! Got one on my wife's computer. I will take it down there and try it next time I go. THANKS!!!!

Did you neighbors put in a pre-amp at the antenna as well? No pre-amp, no reception to speak of.:(

The Savannah towers are about 44 miles from my house in Beaufort, and the Charleston towers are 66 miles away (Georgia PBS is about 60 miles out). Fox Savannah only comes in if the antenna is pointed southwest. All other Savannah stations come in if the antenna is pointed northeast (towards Chas) as well. Charleston stations only come in if the antenna is pointed northeast. And oddly enough, Georgia PBS only comes in if the antenna is pointed northeast:confused:.

CBS Charleston (WCSC) reception can occasionally be iffy. NBC Charleston (WCBD) was not so great for quite a while, but they must have made some transmitter improvements in the last few months since reception of WCBD is now pretty good.

Even though my home in Atlanta is about two miles from a pluraIity of the transmitting towers, I still have a rotor because Georgia PBS is tough to pick up unless the antenna is pointed towards Stone Mountain. And if I'm pointed towards Stone Mountain, I can't pick up the ION affilliate as well as a few interesting low power stations.

Truth is, it's a bit of crap shoot. You just have to do your best research, install the best you can, and hope for the best.

Last edited:

I sent my son-in-law this info and it worked. Look forward to seeing this when I get back to my DIRECT at the lake.

Thanks

Didn't think of that!!! Got one on my wife's computer. I will take it down there and try it next time I go. THANKS!!!!
For some reason (I'm assuming you're using a laptop), the laptop adapters will degrade over time.. I used to replace them regularly in the 50 or so company laptops I supported. I used to buy them 6 at a time and just have them in a drawer. My uncle has the house next door to me in CG and uses my wifi. We just put a repeater in his house, one of those that plug into a wall outlet, on a wall nearest my house.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT