ADVERTISEMENT

Discussion: I'm asking this before the Vols game for a reason. Can the Cocks survive the next 5 weeks?

Southern Fried Chicken

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2022
Appears to be the hammer to the anvil portion of the season.

Seriously, look at the meat grinder schedule. If Rattler goes down, is Doty the backup?

Class means more than winning? All the class in the world without winning will get a coach fired.
What about Frank Martin??? He had neither?

Rick Pitino, Bruce Pearl, Bobby Petrino, The old Southwest Conference, in general, all big winners, not very high on many 'respect' lists, though.

But, ya know, I'll admit YOU ARE RIGHT!!! You see, I've never had much experience with winning year after year. I'm A Carolina Fan!!!

What about Frank Martin??? He had neither?

Rick Pitino, Bruce Pearl, Bobby Petrino, The old Southwest Conference, in general, all big winners, not very high on many 'respect' lists, though.

But, ya know, I'll admit YOU ARE RIGHT!!! You see, I've never had much experience with winning year after year. I'm A Carolina Fan!!!
You are not making any sense. What about our Miss State win was classless?

If you were seriously interested I would answer. I do have a simple idea that could even be used by conferences and help clarify the legitimate invitees to a playoff.

Willing to discuss, just not to argue.
You criticize next years schedule, but then you refuse a simple question. Next season we play Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Kentucky and A&M. All seven of those teams are currently nationally ranked.

You criticize next years schedule, but then you refuse a simple question. Next season we play Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, Kentucky and A&M. All seven of those teams are currently nationally ranked.
And 25% of our schedule, Akron, Wofford and Old Dominion, would have a tough time beating a good IMG team. Not even considering adding a Vandy (33%) and then add the usual "we can't possibly lose a game to KY/Mizzou/Arky/MSU" crowd and that's 42% of your schedule against admitted cupcakes.

Hey, I said I would discuss, not argue. Wanna quick answer that's better than what we have had, now have and what we are scheduled to have??? Army, Navy, Air Force ... every year, and we travel to Colorado and West Point and Annapolis every other year, just like klemsin, the 4th wild card. What better publicity? AMERICA's TEAM. But that's just a 'from the hip' answer, not even part of the plan.

Like I said, I'll discuss but, I'm not here to take cheap shots.

Class means more than winning? All the class in the world without winning will get a coach fired.
We could just have a football field surrounded by a meadow, where families and friends could sit on picnic blankets while drinking wine and eating cheese, and watching all the CLASS on the field through field glasses. It would be lovely.

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT