ADVERTISEMENT

DJ being DJ...

Dude made huge plays in college and continues to do the same thing in the NFL. You got to love this guy's "Laying Everything Out On The Field" mindset and style. He's the player you despise when he is on the opposing side but the guy you love to have on your team!!!

DJ is my faveorite Gamecock of all time. When he layed that sorry tater rb out and flexed on him that sealed it for me.
I heard someone close to the team say before our games the locker room he would sit in the corner by himself listening to musc and just screaming to pump himself up. Arkansas game where he threw the ball into the student Section on a pick 6 is when he became a legend

I heard someone close to the team say before our games the locker room he would sit in the corner by himself listening to musc and just screaming to pump himself up. Arkansas game where he threw the ball into the student Section on a pick 6 is when he became a legend

Todd: "Who cares?!? Who cares?!?"

Loved that moment!!

Great player, but never cared for most of his actions.
I guess you're one of those who wishes DJ would gently grab the person he's tackling and easily lay him on the turf, then reach down and help the guy back up!!

Geeze Dude, DJ is a Playa No Doubt!!!

Before we played LSU in 2012 the State had an article about him, Kelcy Quarles and Sam Montgomery since they had all played together in Greenwood. Montgomery told a story about DJ where he once punched a teammate before a high school game because the guy wasn't getting his mind right for the game!

That was actually a heads up play by DJ. I imagine most players would not think to lateral in that situation. They are so drilled to take care of the ball. But since it was a two point opportunity -- who cares? Go for it.

Well, it looks like because it was a 2 point play. He didn't get credited with an INT. Well that sux.

I guess you're one of those who wishes DJ would gently grab the person he's tackling and easily lay him on the turf, then reach down and help the guy back up!!

Geeze Dude, DJ is a Playa No Doubt!!!
He may be a "playa" to you, but there's other descriptions given people that act like him. Hit em hard, and walk away with class....and that's not something he's ever been graced with the ability to do unfortunately. No, you don't have to help the guy back up, but he could take a lesson or ten in class.

He may be a "playa" to you, but there's other descriptions given people that act like him. Hit em hard, and walk away with class....and that's not something he's ever been graced with the ability to do unfortunately. No, you don't have to help the guy back up, but he could take a lesson or ten in class.

giphy.gif

I miss him too and that got me to thinking. Who was the other player / db / cb we had that thought he was "all that" and just repeatedly got stupid personal foul penalties? I can't remember his name. Played during the DJ time frame.

Uhh, okay. Lil' girlie.

Common dude - welcome to today (i.e. Reality!) IOW's, WAKE UP!!

Geeze!! Some on this board amaze me. And FWIW, I think I'm actually becoming someone else - the one that absolutely don't get no respect! =;-p (irony there Rod, sarcastic irony!!)

Uhh, okay. Lil' girlie.

Common dude - welcome to today (i.e. Reality!) IOW's, WAKE UP!!

Geeze!! Some on this board amaze me. And FWIW, I think I'm actually becoming someone else - the one that absolutely don't get no respect! =;-p (irony there Rod, sarcastic irony!!)
Today’s reality is not what I’m proud of. Embarrassing when you’re used to class....and not low class that these represent.

Today’s reality is not what I’m proud of. Embarrassing when you’re used to class....and not low class that these represent.
Gotcha. Understand. And please, do forgive me. I made that post on a Sunday night after I'd spent the afternoon/evening with a group us older fellas drinking beer, grilling burgers and just having a little fun. If I recall correctly, I meant that to be humorous. In hindsight, it wasn't. WADR, I apologize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT