ADVERTISEMENT

Do the house taters consider ND a part of the ACC in football?

section907

Sep 16, 2000
I see a lot of headlines proclaiming ND tops of the ACC. Why would they need to join the conference in football if they can just beat up on 3-4 ACC teams and take their spot into the playoffs. I get that they don't want to play in a conference that averages 50K fans a game but I don't get why the ACC is promoting them tops of the conference.

I see a lot of headlines proclaiming ND tops of the ACC. Why would they need to join the conference in football if they can just beat up on 3-4 ACC teams and take their spot into the playoffs. I get that they don't want to play in a conference that averages 50K fans a game but I don't get why the ACC is promoting them tops of the conference.

My answer, "No." They aren't in the ACC in football and count as a nonconference game so they cannot be touted as a top ACC team.

However, your quote about taking a spot in the playoffs could happen. If ND goes undefeated they will be in the playoff and the ACC will probably be left out. I don't count that as taking the ACC's spot but they would be responsible for knocking the ACC out of the playoff because that would mean they beat both Clemson and GT. The only chance the ACC and ND gets in is if FSU goes undefeated. An undefeated FSU would make it with wins over Clemson, GT, and probably GT again in the ACC championship.

I am curious, where do you see headlines proclaiming them the tops of the ACC?

No. It is an OOC game for the ACC teams and ND cannot participate in the ACC-CG. However, ND is eligible for an ACC bowl slot, which they do not have to share their revenue money. They are in the ACC for all other major sports and (I assume) Olympic sports as well. As part of the deal, ND has to play 5 ACC teams every year. Personally, I don't like the special treatment they receive. I wish the ACC would make them join in all sports or none at all.

No. It is an OOC game for the ACC teams and ND cannot participate in the ACC-CG. However, ND is eligible for an ACC bowl slot, which they do not have to share their revenue money. They are in the ACC for all other major sports and (I assume) Olympic sports as well. As part of the deal, ND has to play 5 ACC teams every year. Personally, I don't like the special treatment they receive. I wish the ACC would make them join in all sports or none at all.

I agree it should have been all in or all out.

Anyway I doubt any ACC school considers them as part of ACC including Clemson. Not sure where are they touted as top of ACC this year?

I agree it should have been all in or all out.

Anyway I doubt any ACC school considers them as part of ACC including Clemson. Not sure where are they touted as top of ACC this year?

Exactly. In all honesty, it seems to me that the ACC in general would have been a helluva a lot better off financially if they'd taken WVU in-whole as opposed to partially accepting ND (on ND's terms of course).

JMHOFWIW.

Reactions: WoundedTiger

Absolutely NOT. They got a sweetheart deal that should not have been offered. It is another example of Swofford's leadership failures. I see no reason that ND would join a conference in football, unless the eventual power 5 conference do break away from the NCAA.

Reactions: WoundedTiger
No. They are not a part of the ACC in football. Anyone touting them to try and make the ACC look better is an idiot.

Yes we do... Kind of. They are ACC in other sports and play a five game ACC football schedule every year but to us they are kind of like the kid in class that gets special treatment. They should have to play for a conference championship if they ever want to go to the playoffs as a one loss team. I think that is most Clemson people's opinion. We definitely want them to be full members.

Here is a cut and past..

Around the ACC

Notre Dame solidified their spot at the top of our ACC power rankings with a 30-22 victory over the 14th ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. With the focus in South Bend solely on the loss of starting quarterback Malik Zaire, C.J. Prosise reminded watchers that Notre Dame is still a top tier team with DeShone Kizer at the helm. Prosise rushed for 198 yards and 3 touchdowns, including a 91 yard game breaker—the longest in Notre Dame history. While the loss is a kick to the side of Georgia Tech, they illustrated that they are not to be taken lightly with a near 4th quarter comeback, beginning when they were down 30-7 and ending in a one possession game.

Here is the headline..

ACC Power Rankings: Notre Dame Rises After Biggest Win of Season

here is the link
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...-notre-dame-rises-after-biggest-win-of-season

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2...-notre-dame-rises-after-biggest-win-of-season

This was on Yahoo today..

Basses probably knows the answer.

Here is a cut and past..

Around the ACC

Notre Dame solidified their spot at the top of our ACC power rankings with a 30-22 victory over the 14th ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. With the focus in South Bend solely on the loss of starting quarterback Malik Zaire, C.J. Prosise reminded watchers that Notre Dame is still a top tier team with DeShone Kizer at the helm. Prosise rushed for 198 yards and 3 touchdowns, including a 91 yard game breaker—the longest in Notre Dame history. While the loss is a kick to the side of Georgia Tech, they illustrated that they are not to be taken lightly with a near 4th quarter comeback, beginning when they were down 30-7 and ending in a one possession game.

Here is the headline..

ACC Power Rankings: Notre Dame Rises After Biggest Win of Season

here is the link

This was on Yahoo today..

STS let the blog's readers vote on whether to include ND in the site's Power Rankings and the majority said yes since the Domers play 5 ACC games each year. It's silly, but all for fun, like most blogs.

Could be a good thing for ND to be viewed as an ACC member as it relates to the football playoff committee. When it gets down to the nitty gritty it might mean they bump one of the real members from the playoff.

only if they beat ND will they consider them in the ACC.....if ND wins, no their not an ACC team

Legal tiger. How did you vote on the blog? Do u consider them part of the ACC in football, I agree it is silly. That blog shouldn't be made public on Yahoo. It should stay on the Clemson tigers community page.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
Legal tiger. How did you vote on the blog? Do u consider them part of the ACC in football, I agree it is silly. That blog shouldn't be made public on Yahoo. It should stay on the Clemson tigers community page.
I did not vote. No, I do not consider them an ACC member in football.

No- not in. But here is the problem with the current set-up. ND does rotate who it plays in the ACC and for now it provides those five teams a quality OOC opponent but it will get old. If they don't join after a a couple revolutions, I'd like them to just go away. I'd much rather add a rotation of SEC teams in our recruiting footprint and make special series a once in a decade home and home.

What pisses me off the most though (because this problem could be fixed) is the two-patsies-a-year part of the schedule. ESPN needs to bribe teams away from that extra meaningless home game revenue. Then ND could stay just as is and we get another good game.

only if they beat ND will they consider them in the ACC.....if ND wins, no their not an ACC team

LOL'd @ that factual statement right there I did!!!...

lol.jpg

the acc begged notre dame to join. the acc was about to implode. and in fact it still could

The ACC whored themselves out to ND who, BTW, should have joined the B10. I do admire ND's stance on paying players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT