ADVERTISEMENT

Does Anyone Else See Something Odd About This Article?

What do you see, or don’t see?
It just struck me as odd that we have an article regarding a high profile recruit who throws a 95 mph fast ball and nowhere in the article, or in the quote from the recruit, is there any mention of the head coach. There is mention the recruiting coordinator and the pitching coach, but not the head coach. I don't think I have ever seen that before in articles talking about the signing of a recruit. Usually, its the head coach that is quoted, and usually the recruit mentions the head coach. It just seemed odd to me.

Reactions: Golden Cock
It just struck me as odd that we have an article regarding a high profile recruit who throws a 95 mph fast ball and nowhere in the article, or in the quote from the recruit, is there any mention of the head coach. There is mention the recruiting coordinator and the pitching coach, but not the head coach. I don't think I have ever seen that before in articles talking about the signing of a recruit. Usually, its the head coach that is quoted, and usually the recruit mentions the head coach. It just seemed odd to me.

well who on here saw sidd finch, much less the mets?":)

Yeah, that's a bit unusual. Maybe the assistants did such a good job on him that Kingston didn't have to act as the closer. If so, seems we have a pretty darned good staff.

i see nothing unusual....same type of comments about assistant coaches in every sport when recruiting is mentioned... sometimes the HC is mentioned, sometimes he's not..... whats unusual, is somebody would pick that out of article

Yeah, that's a bit unusual. Maybe the assistants did such a good job on him that Kingston didn't have to act as the closer. If so, seems we have a pretty darned good staff.
That's a good point. I'm sure there was no intentional slight to the HC, I just normally expect some comments from him on recruits. Just like we get from Muschamp with his "Spurs Up" tweets. I think this is the first article about signing a new recruit that I have ever seen where there was no comment either from or about the HBC.

Maybe Kingston is a hands off type of coach when the coaches are doing their jobs???

I know you need to meet with the head coach so he knows your name and put you down on teh starting line up...

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT