ADVERTISEMENT

Does everyone on here still hate me or do you see I'm right?

This offense philosophy will never beat Clemson or any team like them. I don't need to see anymore blowouts to confirm it.

Reactions: sadd66
We will never beat Clemson while Muschamp is here unless he does some serious soul searching. We need to start over on offense completely when Joyner comes in.

The trend in recent years has been offense, offense and offense. Ball-control philosophy to keep the defense rested is becoming outdated. That's why you see a program like Oklahoma go from a defense-oriented Bob Stoops to Lincoln Riley. I believe you are right about Muschamp needing to do some soul-searching. I hope he will deliver on what he said when he had his introductory press conference here about going to a more aggressive style of offense.

We will never beat Clemson while Muschamp is here unless he does some serious soul searching. We need to start over on offense completely when Joyner comes in.
Only problem I had with you was it appeared you put most of the blame on Roper. I think our current qb is part of the problem. I have said before hopefully our qb situation next year is looked at by Muschamp and all involved, whoever that is.

Only problem I had with you was it appeared you put most of the blame on Roper. I think our current qb is part of the problem. I have said before hopefully our qb situation next year is looked at by Muschamp and all involved, whoever that is.
Roper had a good plan to start but my God Jake hasn't come along at all. That's on him since he's the QB coach.

Reactions: Cyclone94
I still hate you but this freaking sucks... This looks like what they looked like at the end of the Spurrier era. Stupid play, stupid play calling, stupid penalties, qb looks lost, idiots talking shit to a team that is beating the hell out of them. But 8 and 4 is progress only an idiot cant see that. 8 and 4 seasons are better then the average season for my beloved Gamecocks and its certainly better then the 6 and 6 season of your beloved Seminoles.

Take it easy, Robert. We are a member in good standing of the SEC and winning the East is more important than beating these guys. Focus on that. There are more Millennial and Xer Capitulators now in our fanbase than there are people like you and me.

Roper had a good plan to start but my God Jake hasn't come along at all. That's on him since he's the QB coach.
concur.

I agree with everything expect Joyner, unless we switch to the triple option. Have you seen him throw the ball, he is not D1 passer.
How many games have you seen him play? He is not a terrible passer! I watched him more last year than this year but the very first game I watched, I called a buddy and said there was DW 2nd at Ft. D. They have had a great O-Line and their WRs were better last year. I am not convinced that he isn't a good passer. I just think he is a super athlete so they want the ball in his his hands!

I totally believe we need DJ to be the starter and to “start over” but will it happen with Papa Bentley on staff. Jeez out good ole boy syndrome is so bad it’s infiltrated our BOT’s, administration, Ath Dept, and continues to reside with our football staff. Nothing will ever truly change until that does

When you hire another man's trash, what do you expect? We hired down with Muschump. Clearly, a bad move. Until we get serious about winning, this will be the norm

Reactions: drawplay000
How many games have you seen him play? He is not a terrible passer! I watched him more last year than this year but the very first game I watched, I called a buddy and said there was DW 2nd at Ft. D. They have had a great O-Line and their WRs were better last year. I am not convinced that he isn't a good passer. I just think he is a super athlete so they want the ball in his his hands!

No argument about him being a great athlete, but I’ll bet you right know he is not the answer at QB for this offense.

“Not a terrible passer” thats not exactly a ringing endorsement from you either. I think know what I’m saying is right.

No argument about him being a great athlete, but I’ll bet you right know he is not the answer at QB for this offense.
Maybe not. But that means we don't have the answer going forth. Suppose in 3-4 years?

A few things:

1) No identity on offense. Roper is lost without Cutcliffe. Hence, Bentley also looks lost. Muschamp, Roper have an idea of what they want to be on offense (maybe?), but it is hard to really tell on gameday.

2). The past two years we look comfortable with our wins leading up to the Clemson game. Last year we exceeded expectations with 6 wins. Losing to Clemson wouldn't change that. This year, we exceeded expectations with 8 wins. Losing to Clemson wouldn't change that. Hence, the blowout wins. Now, Clemson is better than us, sure. But it shouldn't look this easy where they don't have to even try.

3). Until Muschamp hires a proven and experienced offensive coordinator with complete autonomy over the offense and playcalling and opening things up, you are going to see what we saw with Florida and here under Muschamp, offensively.

If you notice, at least in the SEC, all of the ball-control, traditional freaks are getting run out of the conference. Last year, it was Les Miles. This year it is Beliema. McElwain was canned. And Saban, with all of his 5 star athletes, but still stale/unimaginative/conservative/game-managing QB, might not make the final four this year.

At some point during your season, during a game, against a legit opponent, you are going to have put up points. Not just rely on the punt, clock, and defense.

Reactions: Tidal Creek Cock

“Not a terrible passer” thats not exactly a ringing endorsement from you either. I think know what I’m saying is right.
Well, I would put that in the same realm of saying Jake is not a terrible passer either! See what I'm saying? I think you are correct that the offense needs to change, as in OC, tempo and putting DJ where he needs to be.

Jake has developed almost identically to Muschamps QBs at Florida - which is not at all.
The biggest let downs of tonight was the penalties and mental mistakes. Never thought I'd see that from a Muschamp coached team or even senior players.

Well, I would put that in the same realm of saying Jake is not a terrible passer either! See what I'm saying? I think you are correct that the offense needs to change, as in OC, tempo and putting DJ where he needs to be.

The difference is Jake is”not a terrible passer” against college defenses, DJ against HS defenses.

A few things:

1) No identity on offense. Roper is lost without Cutcliffe. Hence, Bentley also looks lost. Muschamp, Roper have an idea of what they want to be on offense (maybe?), but it is hard to really tell on gameday.

2). The past two years we look comfortable with our wins leading up to the Clemson game. Last year we exceeded expectations with 6 wins. Losing to Clemson wouldn't change that. This year, we exceeded expectations with 8 wins. Losing to Clemson wouldn't change that. Hence, the blowout wins. Now, Clemson is better than us, sure. But it shouldn't look this easy where they don't have to even try.

3). Until Muschamp hires a proven and experienced offensive coordinator with complete autonomy over the offense and playcalling and opening things up, you are going to see what we saw with Florida and here under Muschamp, offensively.

If you notice, at least in the SEC, all of the ball-control, traditional freaks are getting run out of the conference. Last year, it was Les Miles. This year it is Beliema. McElwain was canned. And Saban, with all of his 5 star athletes, but still stale/unimaginative/conservative/game-managing QB, might not make the final four this year.

At some point during your season, during a game, against a legit opponent, you are going to have put up points. Not just rely on the punt, clock, and defense.
Good points but we aren't even talking about an offense that is "ball control" right now. I'm not sure what identity or classification it would be except sh$tty.

The positive of this garbage offense tonight is that I had resigned myself after 8 wins that Roper would be back for 2018 in spite of a 2nd year of a 100+ ranked offense. Now though, after this shellacking there may be enough outcry that Tanner forces Muschamp to change OC's even if Muschamp doesn't want to.

But that's what so dumbfounding about Muschamp, he actually seems ok with this crap Roper puts on the field every week and it could take Tanner making him change OC's before we see a change. Tonight might have gotten it done though because in my long life as a Gamecock I have never experienced two straight years of these kinds of losses to Clem. Tanner will be hearing it in the coming weeks from people that matter.

A few things:

What you said from Point number 3 on down is SPOT ON. That should be tattooed on Muschamp's forehead. But, my guess is he won't change. SAD.

You can't make that distinction! Jake is not a good passer against D1 strong defenses because we have seen it. Joyner has never taken a snap against D1, or D2, or D3!!! Yes he could suck or he could be great, but I have never seen him terrible. He is a stud, better overall athlete than Bentley but maybe not as good of a QB. Time Will tell!

Take it easy, Robert. We are a member in good standing of the SEC and winning the East is more important than beating these guys. Focus on that. There are more Millennial and Xer Capitulators now in our fanbase than there are people like you and me.
Winning the SEC East? How are we doing with that?

You guys knocking Dak Joyner....

I have coached against him. He's good.

How many people do you think said Kelly Bryant isn't good enough throwing the football. He can't beat people throwing the ball.

Might just be what Carolina needs

Reactions: rogue cock
A lot of talk of us losing due to bad coaching, and bad schemes.
From what I saw last night it wasn't going to matter what offensive or defensive scheme we were using.
Bottom line is that Clemson has a talent level that we are not close to matching.
The most glaring aspect was team speed. We can't match up, and it's not even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT