ADVERTISEMENT

Does Georgia have Alabama hangover, and get hammered by Michigan? Or

saltlifeGamecock

Dec 18, 2006
Do they play up to their hype and beat the Wolverines? If they have doubt in their minds from Atlanta, then they are doomed fail. I think Michigan kicks their butts.

I just don’t think GA’s defense is as good as everyone’s been saying. They were being hyped up because let’s face it, college football needed a story and so they made them the “greatest defense of all time!”. Bull crap. Maybe the best in the last 5 years but with the offenses they played, that wasn’t all that impressive. Certainly they weren’t in the same league as 94-95 Nebraska black shirts and 01 Miami or even 2011 Alabama. UGA is a good team but great? I don’t see it. They won’t get blown out by Michigan but Michigan CAN beat them. If they make it to Alabama again, Bama will wax that ass once again. Bama is just better.

I agree with all you said about UGA D being overhyped but don’t agree Michigan can beat them. Michigan can exploit them through the air like Bama could. Also, Michigan DEs are more pass rushers and so-so vs the run which will let UGA control the game on O. Think UGA wins by 14+ then lose to Bama by 7+.

Reactions: Ratheolcoach
I agree with all you said about UGA D being overhyped but don’t agree Michigan can beat them. Michigan can exploit them through the air like Bama could. Also, Michigan DEs are more pass rushers and so-so vs the run which will let UGA control the game on O. Think UGA wins by 14+ then lose to Bama by 7+.
That ain't Bryce Young taking the snaps for Michigan. Dawgs by at least 10.

That ain't Bryce Young taking the snaps for Michigan. Dawgs by at least 10.
I think GA wins but I highly doubt it’s by double digits. I was suspicious of GA all season and Bama finally exposed them. When Beamer went on his rant I knew he was being a bit dramatic about how wonderful their defense was. Problem is I fed the media hype even more all year. GA’s other problem is QB play, Kirby is hellbent on sticking with the least efficient one it seems like.

I think GA wins but I highly doubt it’s by double digits. I was suspicious of GA all season and Bama finally exposed them. When Beamer went on his rant I knew he was being a bit dramatic about how wonderful their defense was. Problem is I fed the media hype even more all year. GA’s other problem is QB play, Kirby is hellbent on sticking with the least efficient one it seems like.

What WR does Michigan have that can beat the UGA DBs? Not even close at QB to Bama. The run game maybe close but still think Bama is better there. So just don’t see Michigan scoring more then 14 without UGA handing them points.

Michigan wants to run and I think that plays to UGA's strength. It probably sounds crazy but other than the pick 6, Bennett really didn't play that poorly. The other pick was due to the receiver quitting on the route. Young played out of his mind. I don't think he will do that again. This may also sound crazy, but I think the Dawgs also beat Bama.

What WR does Michigan have that can beat the UGA DBs? Not even close at QB to Bama. The run game maybe close but still think Bama is better there. So just don’t see Michigan scoring more then 14 without UGA handing them points.
Apparently you are not aware of Michigan's power running game. If UM can run on Iowa and OSU, then they can run on anybody.
Set up the run game then yes they can beat UGA's DB's. I can easily see Michigan putting up more than 14.

• Haha
Reactions: Macc Maine
Apparently you are not aware of Michigan's power running game. If UM can run on Iowa and OSU, then they can run on anybody.
Set up the run game then yes they can beat UGA's DB's. I can easily see Michigan putting up more than 14.

OSU’s D was trash this year and is why they just hired Ok States DC. Iowa’s D is more opportunistic and not near the talent of UGA. Also with Iowa’s inept O, it’s just a matter of time until they were worn out. UGA can just play man and load the box leading to Michigan being unable to score.

Michigan wants to run and I think that plays to UGA's strength. It probably sounds crazy but other than the pick 6, Bennett really didn't play that poorly. The other pick was due to the receiver quitting on the route. Young played out of his mind. I don't think he will do that again. This may also sound crazy, but I think the Dawgs also beat Bama.
I'm assuming Bennett starts but may have a short leash since Daniels is healthy again

A lot of people sleeping on Michigan. They're playing as good consistent fb as anybody. Wouldn't be hugely shocked if they won the whole thing.

Michigan looks like a team of destiny. Seldomly have I wanted to a greater extent to be incorrect.

The only funny thing about them winning would be the effect it'd have on Ohio st fans. I'm a fan of neither but that would definitely mess with the Buckeyes.

This is the worst playoff yet. Anyone with any sense already knows the outcomes. Bama beats Cincinnati. I honestly can't imagine anyone who thinks Cincinnati can beat this Alabama team with Saban having a month to prepare. Georgia over Michigan. If you don't have a dynamic QB that can throw the ball all over the field you aren't beating Georgia. So Bama vs Georgia again. I bet 99 out of 100 people know who wins. Here is a hint. They won it last year.

I hate the Taters the most, and I have Always hated Michigan. They are a Media Darling like Texas, Southern Cal, Michigan has always Lived in the Past. I have watched UM play and Other Than their Two Pass Rushers they don't Seem to be that Talented. McNamura is Highly Overated. They play Old School Power Football just Like UGA Does. UGA has More Speed on Defense and Probably Offense As Well.

I think UGa Will Move on from that Loss to Bama and do whatever it takes to Beat Michigan. I am so tired of hearing UM has won the most College Football Gamesin College FB History. I am not a
DAWG Fan, but I will take anyone over the Wolverines.

One of the Best Days of My Life is When Clowney Made That Play and WE Beat UM.

This is the worst playoff yet. Anyone with any sense already knows the outcomes. Bama beats Cincinnati. I honestly can't imagine anyone who thinks Cincinnati can beat this Alabama team with Saban having a month to prepare. Georgia over Michigan. If you don't have a dynamic QB that can throw the ball all over the field you aren't beating Georgia. So Bama vs Georgia again. I bet 99 out of 100 people know who wins. Here is a hint. They won it last year.
i don't disagree with your opinion on the Bama - Cincy matchup. If Oklahoma State beats Baylor for the conference title, they're probably in. Although, I'm not sure they'd provide a better matchup. I think Bama'd truck them, too.

OSU’s D was trash this year and is why they just hired Ok States DC. Iowa’s D is more opportunistic and not near the talent of UGA. Also with Iowa’s inept O, it’s just a matter of time until they were worn out. UGA can just play man and load the box leading to Michigan being unable to score.
Michigan was the #10 rushing team this year.
Your oversimplification and obvious lack of knowledge about the UM team makes your prediction of Michigan unable to score is dubious at its very best.

I don't see any type of hangover, and I don't see UM beating UGA. I agree another UGA-bama matchup, and UGA will have a huge revenge motivation in their favor, but not sure that will be enough to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT