ADVERTISEMENT

Does Georgia have Alabama hangover, and get hammered by Michigan? Or

Most years Florida is pretty strong, A&M, and LSU too. Not just Bama and Georgia. But I get your b1g bias.
I named teams from 3 different conferences. You chose one conference. Who has the bias?
Florida hasn't been consistantly strong since Meyer. TAMU has never won anything. And LSU was strong a couple of years under two different coaches. None of those 3 would move the needle this year.

Who knows what they will do in the future, but they all have a massive advantage over us....and you obviously hope they will increase whatever advantage they have by cheering them on and riding their damned coattails. Frankly, I hope they all, including Bama and UGA, go into the crapper.

So now we've gone from "most" years to "this" year. Interesting. And I admit I'm biased about our conference.
This year or most years recently. Florida had ONE good season since Meyer left and fired that coach. LSU has had two really good years and fired both those coaches.

And you can be biased about our conference all you want.....as long as you understand that the success of all the others does absolutely nothing to help us succeed and actually inhibits it.

Obvious to who? You? It's obvious I want other teams to do better than us? Based on anything I just said?
Yep. Here is how Clemson's success has helped us in-state (notice all the orange paws). Now try recruiting in Florida, Georgia, etc and see how we stack up if they are having success.

Last edited:
Counselor, I understand you're upset this morning. THIS YEAR your precious big team PROVED it didn't deserve to be on the same field as Georgia. Would osu have done better? How about against Bama? This year is where we are. I expect MY team to get better. Seems like most sports writers who had votes for rankings went to b1g schools and are biased like you. THEY have kept b1g relevant. Until their BEST team plays the best team from the best conference. And the addition of Tex and Ok makes it even better.

Counselor, I understand you're upset this morning. THIS YEAR your precious big team PROVED it didn't deserve to be on the same field as Georgia. Would osu have done better? How about against Bama? This year is where we are. I expect MY team to get better. Seems like most sports writers who had votes for rankings went to b1g schools and are biased like you. THEY have kept b1g relevant. Until their BEST team plays the best team from the best conference. And the addition of Tex and Ok makes it even better.
Keep thinking that helps USC. And, no, I didn't expect TOSU to do much this year. I knew what they had to replace from the previous year....and I don't pull for anyone else in that conference.

I go to USC games and will cheer USC, USC, USC. But you keep riding those coattails and cheering SEC, SEC, SEC.

Keep thinking that helps USC. And, no, I didn't expect TOSU to do much this year. I knew what they had to replace from the previous year....and I don't pull for anyone else in that conference.

I go to USC games and will cheer USC, USC, USC. But you keep riding those coattails and cheering SEC, SEC, SEC.
I WANT my team to be in the BEST conference. I do understand we root for the same team. So Happy New Year and Go Cocks!

And all that does is make the mountain we climb that much higher and yet you expect to be able to recruit against them and complain when we aren't among the top 7 in the conference. Quit riding the coattails!! It doesn't help us.
Never said it helped us, never complained about where we were in the conference. During our 11-2 years we were top 3 in the conference and we can be again. It has always been an uphill climb.

I WANT my team to be in the BEST conference. I do understand we root for the same team. So Happy New Year and Go Cocks!
People amaze me. They brag on the SEC and our being in it, but then pull for the league's teams to lose to outsiders. They act as if the brand could never be affected or the money the brand is worth to our schools could never be reduced. People should not want to see what it would take for that to happen, but it could happen under the right circumstances.

You were right about 1 thing. Miami and Nebraska, (the teams you spoke of) played a similar schedule to Georgia. Then had a month to prepare for the National Championship. Now you have two weeks. We will see.
I just don’t think GA’s defense is as good as everyone’s been saying. They were being hyped up because let’s face it, college football needed a story and so they made them the “greatest defense of all time!”. Bull crap. Maybe the best in the last 5 years but with the offenses they played, that wasn’t all that impressive. Certainly they weren’t in the same league as 94-95 Nebraska black shirts and 01 Miami or even 2011 Alabama. UGA is a good team but great? I don’t see it. They won’t get blown out by Michigan but Michigan CAN beat them. If they make it to Alabama again, Bama will wax that ass once again. Bama is just better.

People amaze me. They brag on the SEC and our being in it, but then pull for the league's teams to lose to outsiders. They act as if the brand could never be affected or the money the brand is worth to our schools could never be reduced. People should not want to see what it would take for that to happen, but it could happen under the right circumstances.
Unless someone advocates being independent, which is not economically possible these days, one must be in a conference. If one must be in a conference why not be in the best one?

I'm happy off the charts we beat the team we beat.

This. UNC, UGA, Tatertown, and ND are just four of the teams I hate most. Ending the year on a good note against one of our hated rivals washes a lot of bad tastes out of my mouth from earlier in the season.

This. UNC, UGA, Tatertown, and ND are just four of the teams I hate most. Ending the year on a good note against one of our hated rivals washes a lot of bad tastes out of my mouth from earlier in the season.
I apologize if I've already said this, but having Michigan and Notre Dame lose on successive days after we had won is about as wonderful as the bowl season could get for me. I despise Utah for letting Ohio State off the hook the way they did. Utah does have a great offense, though.

Reactions: Ghostang
I apologize if I've already said this, but having Michigan and Notre Dame lose on successive days after we had won is about as wonderful as the bowl season could get for me. I despise Utah for letting Ohio State off the hook the way they did. Utah does have a great offense, though.

li3gqu6aec721.jpg

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT