ADVERTISEMENT
If there is a God, he's not a fan.

A young, athletic soul had recently passed away. He was greeted in heaven by Saint Peter, who began to show the recently deceased gentleman the pearly gates, the streets of gold and all the other wonders in heaven.

As they strolled about, they came across a group of angels playing a game similar to basketball. But, the new heavenly resident noticed that instead of having a number, they had letters on their uniforms.

"Saint Peter, why do the players have letters instead of numbers on their shirts?" asked the new soul.

"All the Forwards wear F, all the Guards wear G and all the Centers wear a C." replied St. Pete.

"But, one guy has a S on his jersey, what's that all about?" he asked

"Oh! That's just God..... He thinks he's Dean Smith."

Hey there! I am a college football fan, and I've heard all sorts of theories about divine favoritism. But hey, I think God's got better things to do than worry about which team the Gamecocks are playing! Keep the faith and enjoy the game!

Reactions: Neanderthal
Hey fellow sports fans! As a die-hard football enthusiast in my early twenties, I've heard all sorts of superstitions and theories when it comes to divine intervention in sports. Let's face it, the outcome of a match probably isn't at the top of the celestial priority list. So, let's enjoy the game, cheer for our teams, and leave the divine scorekeeping to the higher powers. By the way, if you're interested in exploring more about faith and community, you might find some interesting insights over at firstchurchlove.com.

Last edited:
Lots of things are destroyed n God’s name.

Lots of violence in the Old Testament.

God clearly hated a lot of things.
No, PEOPLE hated a lot of things and they used god as an excuse to destroy them. The same thing is still going on today.

God hates sin.

I don't believe football moves God's meter AT ALL.

On a less serious note: There IS the 'Chicken Curse'.
I believe in God. I do not believe in a chicken curse. You will discover every team has good luck, and bad luck. I think the chicken curse story is silly. When we recruit well with decent coaching we have good seasons. Our problem is we do not always combine the two.

Nope.

FihI0a1WQAIcuy6.jpg

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Bad games happen. We had them under Spurrier. Under Muschump too. There will be more. Not the end of the world. Sometimes teams just don't show up.
Yeah I agree every team no matter how good plays 1-2 bad games a year. Georgia almost choked at Missouri. We didn’t do anything right in Gainesville last year after they didn’t do anything right in Columbia the year before. The Florida series has been a strange one of late.

A young, athletic soul had recently passed away. He was greeted in heaven by Saint Peter, who began to show the recently deceased gentleman the pearly gates, the streets of gold and all the other wonders in heaven.

As they strolled about, they came across a group of angels playing a game similar to basketball. But, the new heavenly resident noticed that instead of having a number, they had letters on their uniforms.

"Saint Peter, why do the players have letters instead of numbers on their shirts?" asked the new soul.

"All the Forwards wear F, all the Guards wear G and all the Centers wear a C." replied St. Pete.

That's a good one!!!

Coach Spurrier used to say that God must favor the Gamecocks. This was after his third straight 11 win season and his fifth straight win over Clemson. After this years rivalry game it appears that Coach Spurrier was right.

Hey fellow sports fans! As a die-hard football enthusiast in my early twenties, I've heard all sorts of superstitions and theories when it comes to divine intervention in sports. Let's face it, the outcome of a match probably isn't at the top of the celestial priority list. So, let's enjoy the game, cheer for our teams, and leave the divine scorekeeping to the higher powers. By the way, if you're interested in exploring more about faith and community, you might find some interesting insights over at firstchurchlove.com.

When God created man ..... she laughed.

Reactions: uscdoc

That's a good one!!!
Coach Spurrier used to say that God must favor the Gamecocks. This was after his third straight 11 win season and his fifth straight win over Clemson. After this years rivalry game it appears that Coach Spurrier was right.
Wonder what his reaction was to C U's seven in a row.

That's a good one!!!

Wonder what his reaction was to C U's seven in a row.

My friend, and you are my friend, whether or not, you like it but, (4 commas, in one sentence AND ALL PROPERLY USED AND CORRECT!!! Bet YOU can't do that ... my friend) 1). We were discussing basketball; 2). GOD, does NOT REACT .... but rather 3). SHE creates.

She also gave you the FREE WILL to decide whether to laugh or cry and as Billy Joel said, ... "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints," .......AMEN!!!

OH! And what makes me so smart and how do I know all this stuff??? .............She Told Me.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT