ADVERTISEMENT

Does Muschamp interfere with McClendon's calls?

kethdredd

Nov 19, 2002
I'm wondering, after all these years with Muschamp as head coach at both Florida and here. Perhaps the problem hasn't been with all those coordinators.

I'm remembering when clemson fired their OC the rumor was that Dabo was overriding playcalls with his own. When they hired Morris and he took control thats when they started winning.

Muschamp is obviously a strong DC. I hope he's not interjecting himself into the offensive playcalling.

Did Muschamp tell the receivers to drop those passes? Frustrating as allheck but we played like carp, hit our stride too late. Next close game something else will pop up to make a loss. Michael knows this is his last chance for a long time.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Did Muschamp tell the receivers to drop those passes? Frustrating as allheck but we played like carp, hit our stride too late. Next close game something else will pop up to make a loss. Michael knows this is his last chance for a long time.

It all goes back to coaching...

It all goes back to coaching...

Man, I just don't think so based on the game today. In the first half to drops stalled a couple of drives. Jake came out throwing high fast balls. Second half, clock management was suspect. Still had a chance.

s1cytW.gif

Sorry I have to agree that it all goes back to leadership. Coaches are suppose to have these guys mentally prepared and physically coached up. This team overall looks completely lost. There is absolutely no player leadership either. It's really pathetic to watch.

Reactions: 4ever2thee
The play calling was fine. The execution was nonexistent.
Sorry, you’re just making excuses. When a team doesn’t perform the fundamentals well, that’s 100% coaching. Champ has been a HC for 6.5 years and it’s the same ol same ol every game every year. He’s hit his ceiling. Did you defend Brad Scott too after it became painfully obvious to the rest of the free world? I’ve watched him at SC for 2.5 seasons just like you. There’s no improvement and the recruiting is no better than SOS.

Sorry, you’re just making excuses. When a team doesn’t perform the fundamentals well, that’s 100% coaching. Champ has been a HC for 6.5 years and it’s the same ol same ol every game every year. He’s hit his ceiling. Did you defend Brad Scott too after it became painfully obvious to the rest of the free world? I’ve watched him at SC for 2.5 seasons just like you. There’s no improvement and the recruiting is no better than SOS.
At least our players aren't blocking each other.

Yes, the buck stops with coaches. You asked of BOOM! interferes with play calling. You can call the right play but you can't throw it or go catch the damn ball for the WR. Therefore, it wasn't the play calling. It was the lack of execution. Search my posts and you'll see I'm not excusing this staff. This sucks. Their is no excuse for this staff's lack of production. Every week someone else screws the team. They talk culture change and this is what we see?

Last edited:
Man, I just don't think so based on the game today. In the first half to drops stalled a couple of drives. Jake came out throwing high fast balls. Second half, clock management was suspect. Still had a chance.

I can tell you I watched many of his games while he coached at Florida and it’s like a mirror image, especially on offense with wideouts dropping the ball and not being able to run the ball.

Another thing I keep seeing is how our defensive players (dbs especially) are trying for the strip instead of tackling... it was the same issue at Florida.

Its just hard to believe we are getting worse, instead of better.. look at year 3 at Florida because that’s when it started coming apart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT