ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Chicken Curse include Clemson success?

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
I watched the pick six and turned off the game for good. I read a story later about how Lawrence should be the #1 pick in 2021 and is favored for the Heisman and next year's title already. When is Dabo retiring lol?

I watched the pick six and turned off the game for good. I read a story later about how Lawrence should be the #1 pick in 2021 and is favored for the Heisman and next year's title already. When is Dabo retiring lol?
It sure feels like it today.

Yes. The fact that they are situated in the same small, nondescript state that we are is an absolute curse upon us.

when does the curse expire ?
Maybe we can pull of a miracle once Fabio moves on & Pickens is a junior with Cam & hopefully some of our freshmen who played this year are still here,

Reactions: sclawman77
when does the curse expire ?
Maybe we can pull of a miracle once Fabio moves on & Pickens is a junior with Cam & hopefully some of our freshmen who played this year are still here,
It doesn't.

I said it in another thread somewhere;

After all-out, global nuclear war, the only things that will remain will be cockroaches and the Chicken Curse.

I always thought that the chicken curse was real. Only Frank McGuire and Spurrier and Ray Tanner possessed the magic needed to defeat it. Although even then only for limited time windows as they too were affected by it.

"What the Chicken Curse Means to Me"
By Bayrooster

I believe the current manifestation of the Chicken Curse is our inability to build on any short term success in either Men's football or basketball.

I always thought that the chicken curse was real. Only Frank McGuire and Spurrier and Ray Tanner possessed the magic needed to defeat it. Although even then only for limited time windows as they too were affected by it.
When did Spurrier defeat it ? We never won a championship. If anything the Chicken Curse was the reason. We would choke and not get to Atlanta during 11 win seasons,

When did Spurrier defeat it ? We never won a championship. If anything the Chicken Curse was the reason. We would choke and not get to Atlanta during 11 win seasons,

Exactly my thoughts, the string of 11 win seasons and 5 game win streak over them didn't amount to a single Conf Title, much less National TItle, even the 1 SEC East Title was when literally every single other team like Tenn, FL and GA were in the dumps. Meanwhile their 5 game winning streak has 2 National Titles in it and a string of 8 or so 10+ win seasons. I've always thought the key to being successful is stability in the personnel and coaching, you have to keep guys in place and build on that and develop that trust with recruits each year, they see stability as a big factor in programs and Clemson has done that very well keeping guys there in the last 5 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT