ADVERTISEMENT

Doty is a freak athlete

ken in sacramento

Jan 16, 2000
You saw what I saw. He is physically gifted and with a good offensive gameplay and some receivers, he’d be a nightmare to defend. I’m already salivating over him paired with Fenwick and Harris. Holy cow.

how in gods green earth is he on the bench so much? Makes me wonder about Dak too? Was he this capable but no one noticed?

imagine what it will be like for Doty to get all the reps in practice? And to get snaps at your chest? And not to have to play from behind?

QBs that can run (and he sure can) slow down pass rushes and makes it easier for guys to get open. That should be on Muschamps gravestone.

we didn’t seem to miss certain players who thought their sh/t don’t stink. Trob actually had These guys playing.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing this Team play again.

I saw some Gamecocks out there at last.

You saw what I saw. He is physically gifted and with a good offensive gameplay and some receivers, he’d be a nightmare to defend. I’m already salivating over him paired with Fenwick and Harris. Holy cow.

how in gods green earth is he on the bench so much? Makes me wonder about Dak too? Was he this capable but no one noticed?

imagine what it will be like for Doty to get all the reps in practice? And to get snaps at your chest? And not to have to play from behind?

QBs that can run (and he sure can) slow down pass rushes and makes it easier for guys to get open. That should be on Muschamps gravestone.

we didn’t seem to miss certain players who thought their sh/t don’t stink. Trob actually had These guys playing.

Hell to the yes. I'm ready to run through a brick wall after seeing Doty play. Been a while since we saw defenders being juked out of their shoes by the QB. Taking sacks because all they can do is stand there and have no situational awareness. The sad part is I bet Bobo starts Hill next week.

If you can't see the difference in Doty and Dak I dont know what to tell you. Again, Dak isn't the freak elusive, speedy, athlete people think he is. He's not even half as explosive as Doty, Shi, or even Harris.

Reactions: burnerburner843

I missed the second half, what did Doty do???

What you said puts the future brighter next year with a real offside minded head coach (Not Bobo)... Along with a real defensive coordinator... We could see us getting back to better years within 2 years if Tanner hires the right coach this time...

Now I got to find the replay and watch. You tube tv didn’t carry it.

The first thought is... these revelations we are seeing on game day. Does the stinkin coaching staff not see this in practice??? That’s what it’s for. Glad to hear Doty showed out.

I almost turned it off at halftime, glad I didn’t.
Why hasn’t Doty been playing?
He gave the whole team a spark, even the defense perked up!

Why we only ran the wildcat with Doty and Joyner is insane

Wouldn’t be surprised Joyner transfers to a G5 team and starts QB

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Now I got to find the replay and watch. You tube tv didn’t carry it.

The first thought is... these revelations we are seeing on game day. Does the stinkin coaching staff not see this in practice??? That’s what it’s for. Glad to hear Doty showed out.
For future reference, if you download the watch ESPN app, you can log in through your YouTubeTv account and the game was on there. That’s how I watched it.

If you can't see the difference in Doty and Dak I dont know what to tell you. Again, Dak isn't the freak elusive, speedy, athlete people think he is. He's not even half as explosive as Doty, Shi, or even Harris.
I am sad to have to agree here. I’ve been anticipating seeing Joyner break out for a long time..... it just isn’t in the cards.

It was nice to have a quarterback out there who can make something happen when the pocket breaks down. Much easier to recruit a mobile quarterback to USC than to put together an offensive line capable of adequately pass blocking in the SEC.

I can’t see the difference because Dak never got to start a half of football at South Carolina. He may be no good but I haven’t seen that with my own eyes. He did get us that win in Georgia with a gimpy hamstring.

not saying he’s great but I have no way to know. I do think he’ll transfer and we’ll find out

🤷‍♂️

Joyner had similar if not better passing stats vs Missouri last year and similar rushing stats vs Georgia all with a tender hamstring

sorry your opinion just doesn’t add up but okay 🤷🏽‍♂️

Splitting hairs, but I wouldn't term him a "freak athlete." To me, that's a Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson.

Doty is definitely athletic, strong, fast. I hope they invest the time in him so he can flourish.
Understandable people think he's a freak -- the bar has been set so low we forgot what's it's like to see an SEC level recruit being put in a position to succeed (in spite of losing this one).

Understandable people think he's a freak -- the bar has been set so low we forgot what's it's like to see an SEC level recruit being put in a position to succeed (in spite of losing this one).
Yea. Maybe freak compared to what we’ve seen lately LOL

Joyner had similar if not better passing stats vs Missouri last year and similar rushing stats vs Georgia all with a tender hamstring

We were getting killed when Joyner got in at Mizzou. They were playing soft. I was there right behind the team. Your name fits...feeble.

I can’t see the difference because Dak never got to start a half of football at South Carolina. He may be no good but I haven’t seen that with my own eyes. He did get us that win in Georgia with a gimpy hamstring.

not saying he’s great but I have no way to know. I do think he’ll transfer and we’ll find out

🤷‍♂️
Dak has played way more snaps at QB than Doty. He has a body of work. He is not nearly the elusive runner Doty is. I like Joyner but I just dont see a spot on the field for him.

Reactions: ken in sacramento
We were getting killed when Joyner got in at Mizzou. They were playing soft. I was there right behind the team. Your name fits...feeble.
Well if you actually look at the throws he made, a few were exactly where mizz did not want him to throw the ball, particularly a 30 or so yard strike down the sideline, which is a better pass than Doty has made so far

so once again, what is actually true and your *~feelings~* don’t add up

Dak threw an interception last spring game to someone right in front of him. He can't check down. When he takes off he's not that good of a runner. He can't break the two deep on a WR unit that couldn't catch COVID all season. I have seen nothing consistently impressive about him except his desire to help the team. I mean he hasn't transferred yet.

Dak threw an interception last spring game to someone right in front of him. He can't check down. When he takes off he's not that good of a runner. He can't break the two deep on a WR unit that couldn't catch COVID all season. I have seen nothing consistently impressive about him except his desire to help the team. I mean he hasn't transferred yet.
Did you see the pick Doty threw last night? Also DJ was starting on the two deep at the beginning of the season

and the only two runs he had all season were a 40 yard touchdown and 17 yard sweep

y’all can disagree with me but these just are just not just arguments

Did you see the pick Doty threw last night? Also DJ was starting on the two deep at the beginning of the season

and the only two runs he had all season were a 40 yard touchdown and 17 yard sweep

y’all can disagree with me but these just are just not just arguments
QBs have to make reads. After three years Joyner can't. Nothing left to say here.

Based on nothing besides him playing a half (with little to no preparation) against one of the best defenses in the nation.

this defense which had a top three rushing defense in the nation Yet he averaged nearly 5 yards a carry against them with a bum hamstring

but according to you, he has no elusiveness or speed

you’re just wrong don’t change it to “he can’t make the reads” when no QB on our roster has shown they can

Reactions: ken in sacramento
Very raw still

Passing is still very raw, that's why Muschamp and Bobo had him on the bench, though obviously we all agree that was a bad decision.

We all knew Doty has speed. I was surprised how shifty he is though. He juked a lot of defenders when he wasn't just flat out out-running them.

Based on nothing besides him playing a half (with little to no preparation) against one of the best defenses in the nation.

this defense which had a top three rushing defense in the nation Yet he averaged nearly 5 yards a carry against them with a bum hamstring

but according to you, he has no elusiveness or speed

you’re just wrong don’t change it to “he can’t make the reads” when no QB on our roster has shown they can
Ok. You win. He’s the worst one of a roster of bad QBs.

Passing is still very raw, that's why Muschamp and Bobo had him on the bench, though obviously we all agree that was a bad decision.

We all knew Doty has speed. I was surprised how shifty he is though. He juked a lot of defenders when he wasn't just flat out out-running them.
He definitely has moves. Moves we haven't seen since maybe Shaw or Syvelle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT