ADVERTISEMENT

Drake Maye lighting us up would be ok; Giving up 9 sacks to UNC? Unacceptable

Bucs90

Sep 22, 2019
Drake Maye is a legit #1 overall pick, so him torching us would be understandable. This game should have been a shootout win or lose. UNC had an atrocious defense last year. There’s no way they turnaround this quick. We are just that bad. 9 sacks? Negative rushing yards??? To UNC???

Furman is a playoff FCS team we better wake up next week

Reactions: Elgringo
You may see this as a tragedy in terms of our performance but it’s actually more of a comedy when you consider how many teams we’ve made look superhuman early in the season only to watch them sputter along to a 7-5 season. He who laughs last laughs best.

Last edited:
That North Carolina team is not that great. Contain drake maye and you win. There are several teams on their schedule that have that capability.

We looked completely unprepared I can only hope UNC is that good but I'm grasping for straws. Nine sacks and a ton of hurries caught me off guard somewhat.

Last edited:
Rattler and Maye cancelled each other out for the most part. The story was obviously a porous O-Line and not possessing a ball control RB. We need at least one banger in the backfield who can run through ankle tackles and keep the DL honest.

Losing Lloyd and Bell proved to be costly last night. We might need to spread that NIL money around a little more rather than having it concentrated on a couple of skill players. (e.g. Rattler, Wells)

Our defense wasn't great but they did play well enough for us to win that game. If someone had told us going in we would need to score over 30 going in, I believe we would have been fine with that.

UNC is a pretty good team (Auburn-like) that seems to be making improvements each season under Mack. Hopefully, we'll see some quality adjustments moving forward and get back on track (after we get hammered at UGA.)

Reactions: FootballCityTATER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT