ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Grad QB Transfer visiting UF but also has USC on List

Guy has had 3 Achilles injuries and is probably a lot slower than a good DE I would say that he might start at ECU or Southern Miss but not at the other schools on his list.

He is probably a bright guy looking for some more free education.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotchkis
Well i guess we know what Roper thinks of Michael Scarnecchia, if this guy is receiving interest

Well i guess we know what Roper thinks of Michael Scarnecchia, if this guy is receiving interest

If i posted what i think of Mike Scarnecchia, i'd prolly get banned...It's get this transfer to help us or Jay Urich will be forced to get ready in a hurry...I was hoping Urich would get a year or 2 to develop...Jay is a baller...I am not sure he can be ready for SEC defenses this soon

I started a graduate transfer QB thread several days ago and basically got dismissed. We are a prime landing spot for a graduate transfer. Our starting QB has a grand total of 7 games of experience. I'll be shocked if we don't land someone

Don't really understand why he's transferring, to tell you the truth.
Because of his injury, Duke was forced to develop a couple of QBs. Their backup is younger and would probably get the playing time that Sirk would normally get.

He'd be a good one for us to provide some insurance against Bentley getting injured and allow Bentley to take some plays off and allow Urich to develop. It's good for both him and us that he already knows the offense we use....he wouldn't anywhere else he went.

Because of his injury, Duke was forced to develop a couple of QBs. Their backup is younger and would probably get the playing time that Sirk would normally get.

He'd be a good one for us to provide some insurance against Bentley getting injured and allow Bentley to take some plays off and allow Urich to develop. It's good for both him and us that he already knows the offense we use....he wouldn't anywhere else he went.
I'm just thinking he's too dinged up to bother with.

I'm just thinking he's too dinged up to bother with.

Do you think we are better off with Scarnecchia? I say give the young man a shot..What do we have to lose except a bunch of ball games if we rely on Scarnecchia as backup...

Don't really understand why he's transferring, to tell you the truth.

Duke QB will be a much discussed draft pick when he comes out. He's good and it was obvious to Sirk Cutt wasn't back peddling. Look at the schools he is looking at. Lotta Duke/Cutt connections.

Tell us how you really feel about Scarnecchia.

Well I think there is another grad transfer out there that's career didn't work out at James Madison the way he thought, may we bring Connor Mitch back?

raw

Reactions: 92Pony

You mean it doesn't take a player 4 years to learn our offense?

Would have been interesting to see what happened with the rest of the season with him healthy.

I think the Kentucky game before he got hurt gave us a clue, remember Orth came in and all the sudden there defense looked like well Kentucky again, but the 24-7 deficit was to much to overcome since we kept kicking field goals despite moving up and down the field once Mitch left.

Also the fact he couldn't win the job at James Madison probably is another clue.

Last edited:
I always perceived Mitch, mostly by his body language, to have a bit of an attitude problem.

i believe he had a terminal case of stage fright...Remember a guy named Tommy Beecher...Beecher threw it like a hall of famer in practice...Just a beautiful ball with a tight piercing spiral in practice...But come gametime he could hit the side of a barn if he was standing inside one...That's Connor Mitch

Do you think we are better off with Scarnecchia? I say give the young man a shot..What do we have to lose except a bunch of ball games if we rely on Scarnecchia as backup...
My question was less about the advantages of having him as much as it was about what he perceives he will gain by transferring. And then there is the medical history, which is problematic, to say the least. Hey, bring him on. But certainly he isn't transferring to move up one place on the depth chart.

My question was less about the advantages of having him as much as it was about what he perceives he will gain by transferring. And then there is the medical history, which is problematic, to say the least. Hey, bring him on. But certainly he isn't transferring to move up one place on the depth chart.

agreed...but he might not be 2nd on the Duke depth chart...BMac dropped us in the trick bag when he punked out after 1 season...If Urich can get ready in a hurry, Jake Bentley better remain untouched

i believe he had a terminal case of stage fright...Remember a guy named Tommy Beecher...Beecher threw it like a hall of famer in practice...Just a beautiful ball with a tight piercing spiral in practice...But come gametime he could hit the side of a barn if he was standing inside one...That's Connor Mitch

My best friend thought the same thing. He believe Mitch was good but just too nervous.

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT