ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Day

GamecockinHouston

Mar 13, 2019
QB- Colten Gauthier is in.

Derwin Burgess signed with Ga Southern, not a big loss at all.

10am we should get some good news from Isaiah Norris, CB from GMC out of Anderson.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
QB- Colten Gauthier is in.

Derwin Burgess signed with Ga Southern, not a big loss at all.

10am we should get some good news from Isaiah Norris, CB from GMC out of Anderson.

Derwin Burgess, a Wide Receiver who was committed to us since last July, flipped on signing day to Georgia Southern. Who runs the triple option. And never throws to receivers. I don't care if he wasn't all-world, losing 1 of the 10 guys we had committed who is a RECIEVER to a G5 school that DOESN'T THROW THE BALL is embarrassing unless Shane made it clear to him that he wasn't going to honor Muschamp's offer.

A smaller class this year is not a bad thing, transfer portal will make this class. We do have a few good ones to build on, Blake, Barnett, Sanders, so that is positive.

Reactions: BobtheBuilder6289
Derwin Burgess, a Wide Receiver who was committed to us since last July, flipped on signing day to Georgia Southern. Who runs the triple option. And never throws to receivers. I don't care if he wasn't all-world, losing 1 of the 10 guys we had committed who is a RECIEVER to a G5 school that DOESN'T THROW THE BALL is embarrassing unless Shane made it clear to him that he wasn't going to honor Muschamp's offer.

This is what happened.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
I was under the impression Burgess was a McClendon evaluation.

If so, Im not shedding any tears, and would think Beamer did not want him.

This is what i said yesterday, about not having a huge amount of Muschamp evals as commitments today for Beamer, and having more space for his and his new staffs own evals, is probably a good thing for Beamer.

But of course I got called a Moron in another thread for that take, LOL

The numbers matter. Probability dictates the more bodies we sign the better. Hopefully Beamer can turn this around sooner rather than later.

I would almost hope for a very small class. One would think that due to the NCAA giving everyone a free year due to Covid that they will relax the total numbers rule for next year. But if they don't, might want to use any available space for JUCO's and transfers. Coaches do have a honeymoon period. I say Beamer gets a free pass next year no matter what happens. But if you don't show some progress after that it pins one in the same recruiting run that the program has been in. Got to get some talent in, and some talent that can produce sooner rather than later

True. But at least he knows what they'll run at Georgia Southern. We still have no idea what offense we'll run.

I don't think anyone is banking it on us killing it in the transfer portal. But with how lousy this class is, our best chance of picking up talented players is the portal. No high-level players are gonna be had that way though.

I don't think anyone is banking it on us killing it in the transfer portal. But with how lousy this class is, our best chance of picking up talented players is the portal. No high-level players are gonna be had that way though.
Maybe we can go scout out the women's soccer team.

If you don’t understand why we need to take advantage of the transfer portal - especially this year then I really questioned your motives of even being on fgf .

I was under the impression Burgess was a McClendon evaluation.

If so, Im not shedding any tears, and would think Beamer did not want him.

This is what i said yesterday, about not having a huge amount of Muschamp evals as commitments today for Beamer, and having more space for his and his new staffs own evals, is probably a good thing for Beamer.

But of course I got called a Moron in another thread for that take, LOL
Depends on the evals....moreso which position. Hoping Wilson, Tatum and Steele don't sign so we have a chance to flip them back, Also hoping TID and Nesbit don't sign today.

Gonna be a rough one.
Right. This is the worst signing class in my memory...and I've been tracking and digging up info on recruiting since around 86 as a youngster.
Not Beamer's fault (obviously)....but I can't help wonder if this is all part of his grand plan. He can remove and distance himself from this early signing class...and start fresh since his hire date was pretty close to the signing date. Still doesn't help our program no matter whose fault it is.

Reactions: rogue cock
YES....all correct. The most embarrassing thing to me is....this dude was recruited. I've been jumping up and down screaming how bad our edge offensive talent is...and here was WM bringing in more of these type guys. Awful.
Just unbelievably bad personnel judgement for WR talent.

Reactions: Buzzkill1
Why is everyone suddenly banking on us killing it in the transfer portal?
Blind hope. Same blind hope that carries the thought that S. Beamer is a great HC. 100% gamble.
COVID does bring up the possibility of getting a huge transfer group in....and I'm sure it'll look like NFL free agency with people going all over.
Still.....WITHOUT knowing what type offense, defense we will run....no chance of us getting any serious recruits other than guys blindly loyal to the university and not taking into account football aspect, or guys whose offer sheets are Samford, UNCC, Tulane.

You really believe Beamer doesn't know what he wants to run, who is going to be on staff and dont think he is letting the players know?
I hope he's telling somebody. We need to tell that to recruits to entice them (certain ones). Supposedly he's on the phone 24 hours recruiting.....I hope so. i'm waiting to see how many (and what type) commits he brings in this class....as well as in the transfer portal.

Considering he has never run an offense, yeah, I think it's highly likely he doesn't know what we'll be running yet. "Multiple." lol
Despite what they say - you hit right on. Famous coach catch phrases "mulitple". SMH .
Also- the facts are that you are right...he's never come close to running an offense, or making the decision "we will run this offense". I don't know why you could be demonized for openly questioning something as big a part of our football program as this. It's a big deal. It's a really big deal to recruits. We are either recruiting 6'2 290 run graders upfront or 6'6 long armed 280 dancing bears for offensive tackle. A lot goes into it.

I am sure his message was not so curt- but it has been intoned that he was perhaps encouraged to “look around”. This kid was not some embarrassing loss to a lower school... He was an afterthought at best... Nothing against him..

We did get Omega Blake who I hope gets a shot at WR- looks like a great athlete! He was not planning to sign early but upped his sign date just a few days ago out if the blue.

Reactions: section907
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT