ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Day

Boy, lots of rainbows and unicorns in here. I honestly wish I could look at our current state the way some of yall do. I really do.

Reactions: Cockopotamus
These people that think a kid enters the portal because they arent good enough to start or be productive dont know what they are talking about. There are multiple reasons why, coaching, system fit, asked to play out of position etc...
Exactly- graduation, sick family members back home, girl problems... These are people who have people problems after all. In fact the examples many think are ridiculous- like Hurts for instance- are examples of guys who LOST THEIR STARTING ROLE and then Transferred. Anybody think he is no good? Just took Wentz’s job in Philly and beat a damn good team in his First NFL start!! I’d take a few “backups” like that!! 😂

Reactions: The Defender
I haven't read this entire thread. But is this new transfer rule a waiver for the COVID-19 year? Or does it grant all players a one-time "free" transfer, without having to sit out a year, forever and ever amen?

There is literally nothing to be positive about right now when it comes to the current state of our men's programs. Hopefully, Kingston and The Yardcocks change that.
Sure there is. We just had a 1K runner in an all SEC 10 game season, who is only a redshirt freshman. Jordan Burch is going to be a stud as well. There is talent in the pipeline and with better coaching things are going to improve on the field quicker than people think.

Reactions: rogue cock
I haven't read this entire thread. But is this new transfer rule a waiver for the COVID-19 year? Or does it grant all players a one-time "free" transfer, without having to sit out a year, forever and ever amen?

I think it is now a one time free transfer. The Covid is more about giving everyone a free year.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think it is now a one time free transfer. The Covid is more about giving everyone a free year.
Thanks. Do you know if they will be voting next month on whether or not to make the new rule permanent?

Seems like I read that somewhere. But it could be this waiver that they just voted on early.

Thanks. Do you know if they will be voting next month on whether or not to make the new rule permanent?

Seems like I read that somewhere. But it could be this waiver that they just voted on early.

I think this was the official vote, completed on the 16th- the MASSIVE influx of new names to the transfer portal the past couple days would reinforce that... The wording of this one is that it only grants the approval for students who transfer this year however. So there may be another vote specific to FB in January? Or one to determine if it remains the rule going forward?? This is all too complicated and the leadership structure of college athletics is fractured, feckless and too similar to politics to make efficient.

Last edited:
kyler Murray
jaylen Hurts
Baker Mayfield
Justin Fields...
The list goes on and on and it becomes more common every year. If they do remove the one year restriction as expected next season it will be a full blown “free agency”.

These are the kinds of “backups” good teams lose to the transfer portal... Now, all of those guys went to schools like OSU or OU... If only our coach had some inside knowledge of what OU has done to position themselves to get so many amazing transfers in recent years! 🤔

We won’t know for months what this will all look like but Beamer is well versed in how the transfer portal works and talked in a presser this week abiut how often he gets clued in to players moving around through the connections he has built.
agree there are some great players in the portal from time to time however none of those QB's mentioned would have lit it up at USC without better receivers than we have. Maybe we can get lucky and get some of them as well.

agree there are some great players in the portal from time to time however none of those QB's mentioned would have lit it up at USC without better receivers than we have. Maybe we can get lucky and get some of them as well.
Yes- WR is our main need on offense, no doubt! As weak as this class is, I like the players we got! We got some beef for both lines and a “waterbug” (old SOS term) small speedy WR as well as Blake who is a bigger athletic guy... Not sure if they will be immediate impact type players though, so we deff need to add some more Experienced players through the portal at WR if we can!
As to Hurts or Murray... If they HAD come here, they would have had guys like Deebo abd Edwards to throw to which might have worked out ok- it is tru tho with our current Receivers, NOBODY will look like a real good QB throwing to this group...

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
2019 4* recruit- DB from Ky...

There is a ton of talent hitting the portal because of this announcement!! I expected this to all go down next month...I have seen teams in better shape than us lose MULTIPLE high level contributors just since this announcement was made about the transfer rule yesterday. Perhaps it is encouraging we have not had any today? This is going to be madness!!
He heard Eric Wolford was hired and realized his snap count was about to double.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT