ADVERTISEMENT

Erik Bakich question

bushmastercock

Nov 30, 2015
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...eries-erik-bakich-bo-schembechler/1468517001/
Was he actually offered the job here? Or even interview? About halfway down the article it says he “spurned” offers from Stanford and South Carolina.
I remember hearing during the coaching search that he was supposed to interview, but don’t remember if he actually did, and definitely never heard that he was actually offered the job.

Reactions: Proudcock
Don't know if he actually "spurned an offer". His name was out there at one point, but Meechigan came up with a pile of money and he decided to stay. In the interview after he decided to stay, you could tell that he loved the job he had.

Contrary to popular opinion on this board, not every coach is jumping at the chance to be the coach at South Carolina. Most of the "named" coaches are happy where they are.

I said before that baseball should get anyone they want, and I suppose that’s within reason, but before this year, this guy is another Kingston, so I’d take that we “offered” him with a grain of salt. Solid, but hasn’t won’t anything significant. Yeah, he’ll be scorching after this year regardless. We need a Corbin, and even that doesn’t guarantee anything.

I imagine that Ray probably contacted Bakich's agent to gauge his interest, but that's probably as far as it got. And I'll bet that Bakich's agent was not the only one contacted with similar results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT