ADVERTISEMENT

Espn and the NBA are reaching

Jordan328

May 26, 2016
Columbia
A few years ago the NBA sold their game on players and coaches! So tonight I sit down to watch the NBA summer league game between both of the L.A.s (Thornwell vs. Dozier) and already, they have interviewed Lavar Ball (Lonzo Ball's daddy) twice before the 2nd half begins! That guy has the IQ of a fly! Sad thing is, is that the NBA is enabling him to be the jerk off he is!!! Why sell your sport to a guy who isn't even a proven all star and his DADDY????

A few years ago the NBA sold their game on players and coaches! So tonight I sit down to watch the NBA summer league game between both of the L.A.s (Thornwell vs. Dozier) and already, they have interviewed Lavar Ball (Lonzo Ball's daddy) twice before the 2nd half begins! That guy has the IQ of a fly! Sad thing is, is that the NBA is enabling him to be the jerk off he is!!! Why sell your sport to a guy who isn't even a proven all star and his DADDY????
They love to interview him so they can bitch about him. I dont get it.

Sin shot 18 free throws and committed 8 fouls. Ball shot 0 free throws. Sin is a VERY physical player. Ball, on the other hand, is soft. No one talks about that because his daddy deflects so much attention/criticism from him.

Reactions: umdterpcock
listening to dan patrick at work during the week and 80% of it is NBA talk even though the season's been over for like a month... its getting tiring
Once football is done ESPN programs talk NBA to death. They must think their audience craves it. I rarely listen anymore during this time because of very little interest in the NBA. It would be nice to know the percentage of time ESPN spends on NBA vs all sports during

Once football is done ESPN programs talk NBA to death. They must think their audience craves it. I rarely listen anymore during this time because of very little interest in the NBA. It would be nice to know the percentage of time ESPN spends on NBA vs all sports during

and yet you saw fit to enter a thread about the NBA to inform us that you have little interest in the topic:eek::eek::eek:

Watching ESPN right now, and this is what they love to do. Build and build somebody up just to tear him down. Lonzo Ball didnt play well sounds like. So I'm sure they will talk about all day.

Watching ESPN right now, and this is what they love to do. Build and build somebody up just to tear him down. Lonzo Ball didnt play well sounds like. So I'm sure they will talk about all day.

he stunk it up big time...As a lifelong Lakers fan, i wanted them to draft DeAndre Fox or Josh Jackson...I thought Ball was the most overrated player in the draft..It's just 1 summer league game...But other high picks did much better under the same conditions..Maybe he is feeling the heat of his Daddys nonstop bloviating

Reactions: SCcocks4ever

ESPN doesn't cater to just the southeast. The NBA is second in popularity to the NFL, everywhere except the southeast and Texas. And for international interest, the NBA blows the NFL out of the water, and is second only to soccer.

They do it because people TALK ABOUT IT. PERIOD.

The news SHOULD be this budding young star named THORNWELL who scored more points in OT than Ball scored the whole FN game, but all people are talking about is Ball's dumbshit father!

Sin shot 18 free throws and committed 8 fouls. Ball shot 0 free throws. Sin is a VERY physical player. Ball, on the other hand, is soft. No one talks about that because his daddy deflects so much attention/criticism from him.

Consider that Sin is considerably older than Ball and has far less upside.

ESPN doesn't cater to just the southeast. The NBA is second in popularity to the NFL, everywhere except the southeast and Texas. And for international interest, the NBA blows the NFL out of the water, and is second only to soccer.
Thanks for explaining. Even more happy I was born in Texas and now live in the SEC. Enjoy your NBA.

Reactions: jeff2001
Consider that Sin is considerably older than Ball and has far less upside.

I'm not suggesting Sin is a better long term prospect than Ball. My point is everyone that Ball faces for the next couple of years is going to be older than him. He's going to have to get tougher and more physical. Not to mention everyone is going to be gunning for him because of his dad's mouth. Brice Johnson was trash talking Lonzo last night even though I'm pretty sure Lonzo never said a word.

Boo hoo. He was a top 2 pick. Hes gonna make millions including endorsements. With that comes pressure. The Lakers have sucked for a while and are hoping this kid turns around the franchise.

Thanks for explaining. Even more happy I was born in Texas and now live in the SEC. Enjoy your NBA.

I'm not really an NBA fan, just responding to your notion that "ESPN thinks their audience" wants NBA coverage. ESPN's audience does want NBA coverage. Personally, I don't really like hearing about this Ball dude, so I do this magical thing where I change the channel when it comes on, instead of whining about it.

Reactions: ddw1263
I saw that PJ played 3 minutes last night and had 2 turnovers. He probably wouldn't have even seen the floor if Ingram was healthy. It's hard to imagine PJ is going to make the roster at this point. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

I'm not really an NBA fan, just responding to your notion that "ESPN thinks their audience" wants NBA coverage. ESPN's audience does want NBA coverage. Personally, I don't really like hearing about this Ball dude, so I do this magical thing where I change the channel when it comes on, instead of whining about it.
Believe me I am not whining. Just commenting on a message board. You are correct on changing channels which I do often after football season.

he stunk it up big time...As a lifelong Lakers fan, i wanted them to draft DeAndre Fox or Josh Jackson...I thought Ball was the most overrated player in the draft..It's just 1 summer league game...But other high picks did much better under the same conditions..Maybe he is feeling the heat of his Daddys nonstop bloviating

In the film "Moneyball", Billy Bean, (the A's GM played by Brad Pitt), makes a statement, "It's hard not to become romantic about Baseball." Magic drafted him because he allowed himself to become too "romantic" with Ball's story, and what it could mean to the Lakers. You know, the whole idea of how a GM who was once a star, a legend of the team, who drafts a local kid who grew up a Lakers fan, whose last name is even Ball for God sakes, whose real-life father is a character Walt Disney himself couldn't have even imagined, who ignites an amazing turnaround of a storied franchise that has become a cellar-dweller, who is joined by his little brother a few years later, and wins a decade of championships turning the whole world into Lakers fans. The lure of the Disney movie come to life dream clouded Magic's head too much to realize that Ball is a soft player who will never run with the big boys of the NBA.

Last edited:
Boo hoo. He was a top 2 pick. Hes gonna make millions including endorsements. With that comes pressure. The Lakers have sucked for a while and are hoping this kid turns around the franchise.
You've missed the part where he won't be getting endorsements bc his dad sees fit to launch his Big Baller brand. Granted, I don't feel bad for him, but pops is taking away a pretty significant revenue stream for selfish reasons.

I h,ope the "Balls" just flame out and fade away. They have a brand, shoes, etc.

Of course, if you listen to his father - he knows more than Magic or any other NBA exec.

He guaranteed his son was going to be Rookie of the Year. Hope NBA isn't pinning their future on him / family....gotta be likeable and I don't think the masses can tolerate that family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT