ADVERTISEMENT

Everybody laugh at Tom Herman

I get the TH hate, really. He is however a very very good coach, and at UT where he will have every advantage a college FB team could dream of, money, facilities, recruiting base, tradition etc., it is only a matter of time. Already UT is sitting at around a top 5 class this year, and that will only get stronger each year. UT can and will outspend any school in investment in their program, their wealth is vastly greater than even Bama, by a lot. UT should never be behind the TCU’s of the world in anything, they simply have those type teams beat in every meaningful measure in CFB. Herman will have his day, and soon.
To me this is all conjecture without merit. Tom Herman is just another media darling that got hired at a big school who has done nothing. The name of the school means nothing and the recruiting class means nothing if the coach is not the right fit. We crown a coach with a losing record at the richest school with all the facilities, resources, etc but criticize our own coach for going 8-3 with what he was given.

Herman ain’t done squat. Muschamp has.

To me this is all conjecture without merit. Tom Herman is just another media darling that got hired at a big school who has done nothing. The name of the school means nothing and the recruiting class means nothing if the coach is not the right fit. We crown a coach with a losing record at the richest school with all the facilities, resources, etc but criticize our own coach for going 8-3 with what he was given.

Herman ain’t done squat. Muschamp has.
Not until he beats UPC.

Clemson is LOADED at every position on the field, and this game will not define Will muchamp, Roper or our season. We just have to lick our wounds and continue to recruit our butts off.
They aren't as loaded across the board as you think. They're loaded at certain positions like DL, RB, WR. They're not so loaded in the defensive backfield, LB and their starting QB is equal to ours if you compare the stats.

They aren't as loaded across the board as you think. They're loaded at certain positions like DL, RB, WR. They're not so loaded in the defensive backfield, LB and their starting QB is equal to ours if you compare the stats.
We aren't ready to beat them. Is Chi in or out? We might be
That’s fine but Herman hasn’t beaten a team from the state of Texas or Oklahoma and y’all give him a pass and pump him up. I don’t get it.
Who's y'all?

How did Mac fool them for so long?

From 2001 to 2009 Mack Brown's wins each season were 11, 11, 10, 11, 13, 10, 10 12, and 13. I guess that is how he fooled everyone. So many wins. A national championship and played in another NC game against Alabama. Even his last three years were 8, 9 and 8 wins. Not exactly bad.

Herman is a good coach and a tireless worker. He needs time to get his players in place and change the culture of entitlement that has swallowed that program. I wouldn't bet against him.

That is the general view in Texas. Herman doesn't have a qb that fits his offensive style. The o-line is awful. There is talent at WR, DB and on defense. He was shocked at the entitlement of 4-star Texas high school athletes. They are treated like rock stars in high school. The 2-stars he had at Houston didn't have that entitlement issue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT