ADVERTISEMENT

EX NFL Star murders RH Doctor

bflogger28

Aug 27, 2008
EX NFL star Phillip Adams murders prominent RH Doctor, his wife and 2 grandkids.. SAD sad event In Rock Hill Prayers for teh families.

EX NFL star Phillip Adams murders prominent RH Doctor, his wife and 2 grandkids.. SAD sad event In Rock Hill Prayers for teh families.
That's awful! Just curious. Who released his name? The only other link I saw said authorities weren't releasing it yet.

Apparently, the murder's parents lived next door to the doctor and his family, and the doctor had treated Adams before. I suspect people will start trying to identify past concussions so that they can blame this horrific incident on football-derived CTE in 5....4...3...2....1...
It’s already in most of the articles on sports sites that he was forced to retire due to injuries including concussions.

Reactions: bflogger28
The guy was found dead in a nearby home. So, none of what you are saying applies.
Apologies - didn't read the article (will delete my comment). So, what andersoncountycock said is accurate. Horribly sad story all around.

• Sad
Reactions: Brace1
I heard rumor, he was prescribing him Pain killers and told him he was stopping, that Phillip needed to seek Help.. I cant imagine executing two small kids, the little girl wearing glasses.. SICK!!
What does the little girl wearing glasses have to do with it?

Reactions: cadcock
My family has a history with concussions so we are very familiar with issues surrounding them. This sounds like a classic tragic case of what drugs and concussions can do to someone. I'm not making excuses for it. But just understand, concussions can make you have VERY poor rational thinking ability and adding drugs to that mix is a recipe for disaster. Don't treat this as simply a drug problem, it is a drug and mental illness (read concussion related mental illness) problem.

Doctors are too quick to prescribe drugs these days, it isn’t candy. People get addicted and things like this happen. Horrible

Doctors are too quick to prescribe drugs these days, it isn’t candy. People get addicted and things like this happen. Horrible
Exactly. After my surgery I told my doctor that there was no need to write the Rx for Percocet because I was not going to fill it, or take it. That crap is the devil! I only took one while at the hospital the night after they removed my morphine drip to help me sleep. It makes me feel horrible. She sent it over to Walgreens anyway. We called Walgreens on our way out of the hospital to tell them not to fill it. Only filled the Motrin 800 Rx, and honestly, after a day or 2 home, I was only taking one at night before going to sleep. And I stopped that after 5 days.

Exactly. After my surgery I told my doctor that there was no need to write the Rx for Percocet because I was not going to fill it, or take it. That crap is the devil! I only took one while at the hospital the night after they removed my morphine drip to help me sleep. It makes me feel horrible. She sent it over to Walgreens anyway. We called Walgreens on our way out of the hospital to tell them not to fill it. Only filled the Motrin 800 Rx, and honestly, after a day or 2 home, I was only taking one at night before going to sleep. And I stopped that after 5 days.
Well if it’s the doctors fault it s too late to kill this doctor, but you can start in on all the others.

My family has a history with concussions so we are very familiar with issues surrounding them. This sounds like a classic tragic case of what drugs and concussions can do to someone. I'm not making excuses for it. But just understand, concussions can make you have VERY poor rational thinking ability and adding drugs to that mix is a recipe for disaster. Don't treat this as simply a drug problem, it is a drug and mental illness (read concussion related mental illness) problem.
Adams, also, broke his ankle at the end of his rookie season. Injury-filled six years in the NFL. Guy worked hard and made it out of an HBCU. Hard to explain a guy forging a career out of the mud just to do this. Very sad from every angle. It’s the dark side of football that the NFL would rather not talk about.

I flat out quit prescribing any narcotics over 2 years ago. They just really aren’t needed the vast majority of the time. I would get Rx reports on patients with suspect history. It would show where they would go from one Dr to Dr getting anywhere from 50 to 100 pills per prescription. When I did prescribe I’d only give 6 pills. It’s best just to steer clear of at all possible. Addiction doesn’t see gender, race, education level etc.

I flat out quit prescribing any narcotics over 2 years ago. They just really aren’t needed the vast majority of the time. I would get Rx reports on patients with suspect history. It would show where they would go from one Dr to Dr getting anywhere from 50 to 100 pills per prescription. When I did prescribe I’d only give 6 pills. It’s best just to steer clear of at all possible. Addiction doesn’t see gender, race, education level etc.
It surprised me that she sent it over anyway when I expressly told her not to. I hadn't needed any Percocet while in the hospital for 4 days, other than the one, and I even told her that next day that I'd never take one of them again. So why would I need it at home?

She'd prescribed some when I had my biopsy the May before that December surgery. That Rx I did get filled (I'd never taken Percocet before in my 44 years), but it was then that I realized that I did not need to take them except in very extreme circumstances (like the day after surgery). I ended up flushing 99% of that Rx.

Reactions: TigerMark89
How can ANYONE kill a person, but a 9 year old girl?? when i visualize her wearing her little glasses....... F YOU!!
You missed my point. The glasses doesn’t make it any worse was my point it’s all bad. So because the wore glasses it’s more tragic?

Since 2012 I have had 49 surgeries all from cancer. I have bottles of opioids in my bathroom. Surgery is once per month for me. I have a week of severe pain after each surgery. I don’t take pain medicine during this time. I will take a pain pill from time to time between surgeries but only one per day and never take pain medicine on consecutive days no matter the pain.

Sorry, I have a Daughter maybe is pisses me off more than OTHERS!!
Relax. Having a daughter doesn't explain you flying off the handle at people. I have 4 daughters. Just take a deep breath. This was a terrible incident. No one thinks any of this was ok. No one was trying to say you don't care, or anything of the sort.

Reactions: Joey Williams
You missed my point. The glasses doesn’t make it any worse was my point it’s all bad. So because the wore glasses it’s more tragic?
My take - no offense to any glasses-wearers - but a child wearing glasses, somehow seems to already be at a disadvantage, not being able to see well. There's empathy there already - they've already endured being dealt this disadvantage in their short life, and to now be killed on top of that.... Just my thought/theory on it. Maybe worth $.02....maybe not.

My take - no offense to any glasses-wearers - but a child wearing glasses, somehow seems to already be at a disadvantage, not being able to see well. There's empathy there already - they've already endured being dealt this disadvantage in their short life, and to now be killed on top of that.... Just my thought/theory on it. Maybe worth $.02....maybe not.
OH HOW DARE YOU MENTION her Glasses... I agree 100% Pony..
My daughter wore glasses at a young age, about that exact age, so (all the people i offended by mentionng it) FORGIVE ME for mentioning it..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT